One way from Aruba???

Hi all - my husband and I are thinking of flying out to Aruba next year and want to know if there are any options for cruising out from there back to Florida.  I could not find anything so just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has ever done a one-way cruise out of Aruba...  we could fly back but we have some extra time so rather than stay longer in Aruba we thougth maybe we could do a couple/few days on a cruise!  Thanks in advance for any help with this! 🙋‍♀️

Posted (edited)

I just Googled something like "cruises starting in Aruba" and got this:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/find-a-cruise/departure-port-aruba

And it's from CC 🙂 

There are probably others if you search CC directly.

ETA:  They don't seem to go directly to Florida, but you could still spend those extra days on a cruise instead of in Aruba and fly home from Barbados or wherever.

GC

Edited by GeezerCouple
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I just Googled something like "cruises starting in Aruba" and got this:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/find-a-cruise/departure-port-aruba

And it's from CC 🙂 

There are probably others if you search CC directly.

ETA:  They don't seem to go directly to Florida, but you could still spend those extra days on a cruise instead of in Aruba and fly home from Barbados or wherever.

GC

You are a star!  Thank you!! You are way better at Goolgling than me!! Never thought of the option of flying out from another port to Florida - definitely an option - would still prefer to port in FL but will check it out - thanks again! 🙋‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Melloinvt said:

You are a star!  Thank you!! You are way better at Goolgling than me!! Never thought of the option of flying out from another port to Florida - definitely an option - would still prefer to port in FL but will check it out - thanks again! 🙋‍♀️

And maybe spend a few of your vacation days (or a few *extra* vacation days?) at the other port, such as Barbados.

I think there was one that went through the Panama Canal!  That would probably add a lot of time to your trip, however.

Enjoy!

GC

Most of the cruises visiting Aruba are closed loop, and cruise lines are no longer very agreeable to having guests boarding downline because it cancels their closed loop status, so there is more paperwork for CBP and sometimes longer debarkation formalities for everyone.  But, there are options.

Start with cruisetimetables.com.  From the tabs, choose ‘cruises to’.  And choose Aruba.  Then choose the time you want to cruise.  I started in Jan. 2025.  Each ship/itinerary has a map next to it.  Look at those maps for one that is not a closed loop.  And that ends in the US.  Many of them will be on luxury lines that do irregular itineraries.  Some will be cruises from the west coast through the Panama Canal.  Since they are not closed loop, you might be able to persuade them to let you board in Aruba. But you would not get a reduced fare.  NCL has some cruises that start in Panama City, transit the canal and end in FL.  I don’t know anyone who has tried this, so I would go through cruisetimetables and find some that you think are possibilities.  Then I would use a travel agent to deal with the cruise lines.  I don’t generally use a TA,  it for an irregular situation, I think I would.  EM

Yeah, looking at Cruisetimetables "cruises from" Aruba, it looks like your choices are either a single Oceania  cruise to Barbados, or Windstar cruises to either Barbados or Panama. None to the US.

I suppose you could book a closed loop cruise from a US port scheduled to stop in Aruba, and then advise the line that you had missed embarkation but would catch up with the ship in Aruba for the balance of the cruise.