Transfer from port to airport

Hi all, 

It’s been awhile since I have used bus service from port to the airport after a cruise. I checked that I wanted transfer service and my flight info when I did my check in on my upcoming cruise on Joy. Cost is $37... I paid nothing so far. I’m confused, is this something I will be billed for on the cruise or I don’t really have a transfer arranged and need to take care of this onboard?

Go to your cruise payment page and check that there isn't a balance due.

I have only done this once, but I THINK that's what happened for me. 

16 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Go to your cruise payment page and check that there isn't a balance due.

I have only done this once, but I THINK that's what happened for me. 

Ok found what I was looking for under transfers on this reservation. Apparently I don’t have a transfer set up... This was on my account: 

We have found your flight information!
Sorry, we are unable to arrange a transfer for you at this time. For assistance, please call 1.800.327.7030.

If I decide to do a transfer thru NCL, I always book it once on board. I don't want anything messing up my payments prior to the cruise and ending up with an unknown balance due. 

4 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Ok found what I was looking for under transfers on this reservation. Apparently I don’t have a transfer set up... This was on my account: 

We have found your flight information!
Sorry, we are unable to arrange a transfer for you at this time. For assistance, please call 1.800.327.7030.

I would definitely call to at least find out what's up. A couple of years ago they cancelled my excursions to JFK for lack of interest and didn't have a transfer. And it was halfway through the cruise before they notified me. Fortunately for me they decided to arrange for a transfer after I complained.

Once we took a taxi from the taxi stand down the street to LGA. It was $60 (can't remember if this included tip). Last time we arranged for a car service.  It was aprox. $100. The taxi worked better because the car service had to park a few blocks away due to traffic and we had to pull our luggage up a slight incline.The taxi stand is a flat walk.  We are elderly so this might or might not bother you.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:00 PM, BirdTravels said:

A data point... We are just off the Joy and shortly after self disembarkation started, an Uber XL (since we have luggage) from the Joy to LGA would have cost $96.53. 

image.thumb.png.3d4e0b2f16742ca369a4ae07e3bab475.png

How many in your group? My sister once managed to get full sized luggage and her 3 kids into an Uberx. We get an Uber xl only if we are more than 4 people, my adult kids once managed an uberxl with 7 people with backpacks from the airport. This is in the nyc metro area.

9 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

How many in your group? My sister once managed to get full sized luggage and her 3 kids into an Uberx. We get an Uber xl only if we are more than 4 people, my adult kids once managed an uberxl with 7 people with backpacks from the airport. This is in the nyc metro area.

Sure. When you order a UberX it is pot luck. You could get a sub compact. You could get a suburban. 

We did did not take a ride share on our cruise last month. But I did grab Uber and Lyft pricing to LGA, JFK and Newark while we were waiting for our ride. 

wrt to car services, we have our driver pick us up on the departure level. And we’re off early, so there is not a hoard of departing passengers showing up yet. Up the elevator and we’re ready to be picked up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Sure. When you order a UberX it is pot luck. You could get a sub compact. You could get a suburban. 

We did did not take a ride share on our cruise last month. But I did grab Uber and Lyft pricing to LGA, JFK and Newark while we were waiting for our ride. 

wrt to car services, we have our driver pick us up on the departure level. And we’re off early, so there is not a hoard of departing passengers showing up yet. Up the elevator and we’re ready to be picked up. 

The majority of my family consists of young adults who prefer the least expensive option if possible. My dad used to travel a lot internationally, and I’d pick him up from Newark airport often, always at the end of the departure area, so much easier.

Ship/port to airport transfers can typically be booked (or cancelled) onboard. Just request at Guest Services early in the week so you're not fretting about it during your vacation.