Arvia Delayed Boarding on Sunday

Waju

Posted (edited)

We’ve had an email today telling us to arrive 3 hours later than our previously advised boarding time 🙁

Delays due to extra cleaning,

Edited by Waju

• Waju changed the title to Arvia Delayed Boarding on Sunday

We are also on this cruise and received the email, let’s hope the ship is thoroughly cleaned before we board as no one wants to ill. I don’t mind the delay if it prevents illness 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boogybaby said:

We are also on this cruise and received the email, let’s hope the ship is thoroughly cleaned before we board as no one wants to ill. I don’t mind the delay if it prevents illness 

No me neither, just annoyed as it was our earliest ever boarding time 😊

Looking like a regular occurance on last few cruises. Let's hope everyone adheres to the 3 hour delay!

My new boarding time is 15:30. Can imagine a lot of people still turning up at previous or earlier time causing big queues. Hopefully if so they will be put in the holding pen!!🤣 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waju said:

No me neither, just annoyed as it was our earliest ever boarding time 😊

But you will still be first. Just later first 😉

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Breezy5631 said:

We haven’t received an email yet! 

Does this affect sail away time too? 

Hopefully. Or half the passengers won't be onboard!

• Haha 3

We are on that cruise, NO email. 

Travelling day before.  Thought perfect timing,  Holiday Inn , leave at 11am for 11.15 boarding.  Will have to find way of killing 3 hours

Currently norovirus onboard, my nephew along with many others have been confined to their cabin. Prior to embarking on the 26th May they were also informed to arrive 3 hours later. So much for cleaning the ship before you join.

• Thanks 1

Still no email, which is annoying if one comes a day after everyone else.  We are going night before for the orginal 11.15 arrival , if it was 2.15pm could have gone Sunday morning.  Window for cancelling hotel just passed. 

If no email can but turn up on time. Has anyone else not heard from P&O. 

The only hypothesis for no email is they are concentrating cleaning on buffet,  quays etc. Or maybe hope to clean MDR for peninsula lunch first to enable it to go ahead , wishful thinking 

40 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Currently norovirus onboard, my nephew along with many others have been confined to their cabin. Prior to embarking on the 26th May they were also informed to arrive 3 hours later. So much for cleaning the ship before you join.

Well they can hardly clean every single inch.  Noro is rife everywhere at the moment, not just on ships.

14 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just looked on manage my booking time not changed   NO EMAIL from P&O .

Any one else on this cruise and NO email

Just confirming, you did book direct?

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well they can hardly clean every single inch.  Noro is rife everywhere at the moment, not just on ships.

Back in 2002 on the Oceana when the Noro was onboard all passengers were taken off in a port and put up in hotels for 36 hours while the ship was completely cleaned throughout and that was the end of Noro.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Balaena said:

It is impossible to do a deep clean in such a short time. It will take days.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Back in 2002 on the Oceana when the Noro was onboard all passengers were taken off in a port and put up in hotels for 36 hours while the ship was completely cleaned throughout and that was the end of Noro.

Things have changed since then. Unfortunately it’s not just cruise ships suffering. 

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just looked on manage my booking time not changed   NO EMAIL from P&O .

Any one else on this cruise and NO email

Also no email, also 11:15 boarding. 

19 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Things have changed since then. Unfortunately it’s not just cruise ships suffering. 

Ah just remembered it was in the USA and tell you what, they take things like this very seriously unlike Carnival UK in the UK

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I did book direct  and have had lots of emails from P&O about this cruise. But nothing about delayed boarding. 

@Breezy5631 see you at 11.15 on Sunday, fingers crossed we aren't sat around for 3 hours

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Balaena said:

Perhaps that should be reintroduced, it’s known that Norovirus can survive on hard surfaces, soft furnishings, curtains and carpets for some time. 

Can we drop our bags and then go off site if we have to wait the full 3 hours?  It’s not far to Oxford street with its bars and restaurants. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Balaena said:

It could have been bought onto the ship with those who boarded the same day as your nephew.

Edited by Waju
sp
  • Like 1