Newbie questions

Just booked a Princess cruise today and leaving in 7 days. Got a GTY cabin, when will i receive a cabin assignment (approximately) and where can i see posted? 

Apparently picking up medallion at port.

I'm in the states and cruise leaving from the states. thanks

3 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Just booked a Princess cruise today and leaving in 7 days. Got a GTY cabin, when will i receive a cabin assignment (approximately) and where can i see posted? 

It could be anywhere from today to when you arrive to pick up your medallion. If you don’t get an email I would check the app

Just now, memoak said:

It could be anywhere from today to when you arrive to pick up your medallion. If you don’t get an email I would check the app

Thank you, I've been muddling thru the App and it's just as bad as everyone says. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Thank you, I've been muddling thru the App and it's just as bad as everyone says. 

I have absolutely no issues with app and haven’t for several years. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, bones774 said:

If you just booked today, give the App a couple of days to populate.  Try it again tmrw or Sunday. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bones774 said:

The app is mostly useful once on board.  A lot of stuff will come to life like OceanNow, the full schedule, menus, etc.  We've used the new app on a couple of cruises and it's worked really well.  They keep improving it.  We always have our phones with us (mostly for cameras) so the schedule on the app is really nice and the ability to message with and locate people you're traveling with is really nice.  I also love popup reminders.  I hate missing trivia and bingo because I forget 🙂

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tserface said:

The app is mostly useful once on board.  A lot of stuff will come to life like OceanNow, the full schedule, menus, etc.  We've used the new app on a couple of cruises and it's worked really well.  They keep improving it.  We always have our phones with us (mostly for cameras) so the schedule on the app is really nice and the ability to message with and locate people you're traveling with is really nice.  I also love popup reminders.  I hate missing trivia and bingo because I forget 🙂

We always have phones mostly to find each other and to text each other but also to keep up to date on news and sports. We are sailing this year during the Olympics and will definitely want to check on those events

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Go to the web version. Populate it with all the required personal information. This will make it easy when you pick up your medallion at the pier. If your cabin is known print your luggage tags. If you don't know the cabin when you drop your luggage with the stevedores at the pier they will have a list and can tag your luggage for delivery to your cabin. 

• 2 weeks later...

We too have a guarantee and its the first time we've ever had one even though we're Platinum. Since our luggage tags don't show cabin number and location, will new tags be available once we get the cabin number? Or can I just add the cabin and location with a sharpie?

26 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

Since our luggage tags don't show cabin number and location, will new tags be available once we get the cabin number? Or can I just add the cabin and location with a sharpie?

yes and yes

On 6/17/2024 at 4:37 PM, PATRLR said:

For our 13-July Sky Princess cruise, we just got our cabin assignment today (17-June).

Was it a guarantee cabin?