Infinite Veranda question

Bxc53

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

MSC calls it an Infinite Oceanview.

https://youtu.be/wILbkyc9Ams?si=lwH-ilIqKOrvDA6a

Have you been on MSC?  The main difference I hear is food quality is noted lower, but they are priced SOOO much less.  I haven't done much research - but is the food actually difficult to eat or just presented more like a TGI Fridays or Cheddars (trying to think of chains that people will be familiar with nationwide - sorry European peeps, I don't know if restaurant chains are a thing there).  Worth my time if I've been happy with NCL MDRs?

30 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t think you need to assume the comment was directed at you. Why volunteer to take on offense?

Why do people ask that just because you respond to a conversation?  Do you really think I care if someone chooses to pay for a cabin with a window instead of a balcony?  Do you think that is what keeps me awake at night?

Why did you take offense at my comment?

For the record, if someone chooses to pay for an infinite veranda they have my blessing.  I’ll stick with my balcony, thank you.

7 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Have you been on MSC?  The main difference I hear is food quality is noted lower, but they are priced SOOO much less.  I haven't done much research - but is the food actually difficult to eat or just presented more like a TGI Fridays or Cheddars (trying to think of chains that people will be familiar with nationwide - sorry European peeps, I don't know if restaurant chains are a thing there).  Worth my time if I've been happy with NCL MDRs?

Yes,I've been on two different MSC cruises,2 different ship designs,and going on my 3rd MSC cruise the end of the month. The ships are beautiful,more similar to Celebrity's S-Class ships regarding interior design. The Meraviglia Class is almost a carbon copy of Royal's Quantum Class in overall layout.

I haven't sailed in Yacht Club but standard class is similar to Royal in overall cruise experience. Food is European style and is ok/good - similar to Royal or Carnival but not as good as Celebrity.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Maybe you should ask yourself that.

Look I’m not going to debate you.  I’m telling mom that you’re picking on me!

If you want to pay for a window then be my guest.  I’ll continue calling out the ridiculous marketing that some of you seem to swallow hook, line and sinker.  You call that defensive?  I call that being honest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

I forgot about that feature.   I can see the marketing brochure.  “A window that you MIGHT be able to open when you want to.”

Which of course is most of the time.  Do you sit on your balcony during a tropical storm or any other bad weather.  “Oh dear, you don’t have to shower tonight.”

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Look I’m not going to debate you.  I’m telling mom that you’re picking on me!

If you want to pay for a window then be my guest.  I’ll continue calling out the ridiculous marketing that some of you seem to swallow hook, line and sinker.  You call that defensive?  I call that being honest.

I’ve already said I don’t book IVs but I don’t care if others like them.  Didn’t mean to cause a meltdown. Happy cruising in whatever style you choose, and may your balconies always be outdoors. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I’ve already said I don’t book IVs but I don’t care if others like them.  Didn’t mean to cause a meltdown. Happy cruising in whatever style you choose, and may your balconies always be outdoors. 

Meltdown?  Is that what you people say when someone disagrees with you?  Don’t be rude.

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Which of course is most of the time.  Do you sit on your balcony during a tropical storm or any other bad weather.  “Oh dear, you don’t have to shower tonight.”

Yes I do sit on my porch in bad weather.  Do you never watch the rain or thunderstorms or clouds?  I find it interesting.

When I lived in Oregon it was common for people to go out in the rain, wearing proper clothing.  Not everyone is afraid of the weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Yes I do sit on my porch in bad weather.  Do you never watch the rain or thunderstorms or clouds?  I find it interesting.

When I lived in Oregon it was common for people to go out in the rain, wearing proper clothing.  Not everyone is afraid of the weather.

Funny you used the word rude in post 134.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you find it rude when people ask you a question?  I honestly don’t know what you’re trying to say.  

No, but “Not everyone is afraid of the weather”…

And just let this go as it is no help to the OP

Edited by Oville
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think most of us have the intelligence to work out what the cruise line is offering by way of cabins, whatever the name they call them by. And most cruise critic members are by nature those who will ask questions, look at videos, and read (and interpret!) reviews, to help them to make the best decisions for them. 
A very small minority of the posters here seem intent, hopefully unintentionally, to insult others who might comment favourably on the style of cabin they have or are contemplating choosing. However the cruise line has decided to name its cabins, I think it’s best to refer to them as such, to avoid confusion. There appears to be nothing more I can successfully contribute here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Totally understand how the AC is on automatic shut off if the IV window is down.

But...

What about the heat? Thinking ahead to our fjords cruise, we'd love to be able to have the window down so we can quickly take advantage of scenery and the thin glass doors separating the IV from the cabin closed so the cabin stays warm. Possible?

2 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Totally understand how the AC is on automatic shut off if the IV window is down.

But...

What about the heat? Thinking ahead to our fjords cruise, we'd love to be able to have the window down so we can quickly take advantage of scenery and the thin glass doors separating the IV from the cabin closed so the cabin stays warm. Possible?

The HVAC shuts downs,so that includes heat as well as AC. Yes, closing the bifold doors will help keep the colder air from traveling as fast into the rest of the room,but with the heat off the entire room will eventually cool down from whatever temperature you set. What we did was leave the bifold doors open,open the window,and enjoy the Icelandic fiords without coats until we were too chilly,then close the window to warm up and just enjoy the views with the window closed. Then repeat the process when we and/or the room warmed back up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ergates The Ant said:

I think most of us have the intelligence to work out what the cruise line is offering by way of cabins, whatever the name they call them by. And most cruise critic members are by nature those who will ask questions, look at videos, and read (and interpret!) reviews, to help them to make the best decisions for them. 
A very small minority of the posters here seem intent, hopefully unintentionally, to insult others who might comment favourably on the style of cabin they have or are contemplating choosing. However the cruise line has decided to name its cabins, I think it’s best to refer to them as such, to avoid confusion. There appears to be nothing more I can successfully contribute here.

I get your point.  We’ll just have to disagree on how great they are.  Yes people can decide for themselves whether they like it or not.

I would like to stop reading comments like “An IV makes the room bigger!”   Yes I know the square footage is larger because it was designed that way.  Not because an IV somehow made the room grow.

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

I go on my cruise in just under 30 days.  I'd offer to test, but I'll be in the Caribbean so I don't think I'd know the results in 100 degree F weather - I doubt the heater is allowed to turn on at all.  But I can test anything else in reference to IV you might be interested in...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I get your point.  We’ll just have to disagree on how great they are.  Yes people can decide for themselves whether they like it or not.

I would like to stop reading comments like “An IV makes the room bigger!”   Yes I know the square footage is larger because it was designed that way.  Not because an IV somehow made the room grow.

Looks to me like you just joined the club and determined that Celebrity had to make the room bigger to allow for putting the veranda space inside the cabin thereby making the room larger because of it. 

Edited by Kelownadon

1 minute ago, Kelownadon said:

Looks to me like you just joined the club and determined that Celebrity had to make the room bigger to allow for putting the veranda space inside the cabin thereby making the room lager because of it. 

Yes they are bigger because they were designed that way.  The extra space is on the inside of the window not the outside of the balcony.  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I think you may miss the fact that some of us are not all that active on this forum until we are getting close to milestones to do with our cruise.  You are very active so the comments you are referring to (that you'd like to stop seeing) are all new to those of us that do that.  I feel like your comments are meant with good intent - because you truly think people are unaware of the marketing - and marketing is one of your things.  There is a passive-aggressive nature to how you phrase things and they are received as if you think the audience is all unruly teenagers.   

I've read some of your other comments on the forum so I know this isn't your common behavior.  But something about these IVs are triggering to you.  Personally, I find your responses entertaining so I'm sort of a fan.  But I don't for a second think you aren't baiting for responses, and I think you are fully aware when you do it.  I don't know why people take it personally though - I'm completely fine with you being wrong.  *just joking*  That is the sort of quip I've come to expect from you & I think you enjoy the banter too.

• Like 2