Club Orange question

I'm learning a lot about suites, I've only been in Neptune suites.  The space in SS suites look  great.  Totally understand getting out of the heat.  We lived in Dallas for 5 years and I took the kids for summer adventures the day after school was out.  78 days over 100 is crazy.  Hope you have a great summer, San Antonio is a fabulous city.  Cherie 

3 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

You went up two full categories and didn't notice a change?  Are you sure you didn't just get a different Veranda or even a Vista Suite?  Signature suites are much larger and have a very different layout.

Veranda - Cabin: 180 sqft (17 m2) Balcony: 48 sqft (5 m2)

Vista - Cabin: 212 sqft (20 m2) Balcony: 48 sqft (5 m2)

Signature - Cabin: 294 sqft (28 m2) Balcony: 87 sqft (8 m2)

No, I'm not sure and it may well have been a vista suite. Again, in all honesty, it did not strike us as being exceptionally spacious. The only difference I remember (other than getting switched from our preferred port side to starboard) is that when I got up in the night for bladder relief running lights magically appeared to guide my steps to the bathroom. With the move the amount of the pp daily gratuity was bumped up to suite level, and the upgrade didn't bowl DW & me over. I would have gladly paid the upcharge, however, if we were accruing the double mariner points applicable to suites, to help propel us on our way to 4 stars.

1 hour ago, Petronillus said:

No, I'm not sure and it may well have been a vista suite. Again, in all honesty, it did not strike us as being exceptionally spacious. The only difference I remember (other than getting switched from our preferred port side to starboard) is that when I got up in the night for bladder relief running lights magically appeared to guide my steps to the bathroom. With the move the amount of the pp daily gratuity was bumped up to suite level, and the upgrade didn't bowl DW & me over. I would have gladly paid the upcharge, however, if we were accruing the double mariner points applicable to suites, to help propel us on our way to 4 stars.

So again, penalizing staff for something they had zero control over as you got a free upgrade all because you didn’t get double points. Extremely wrong in my opinion. I feel bad for the staff that had to care for you and your room. I hope you haven’t penalized staff since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khlela said:

So again, penalizing staff for something they had zero control over as you got a free upgrade all because you didn’t get double points. Extremely wrong in my opinion. I feel bad for the staff that had to care for you and your room. I hope you haven’t penalized staff since then.

Wow, thats kinda harsh, don’t forget they had to move because of a problem with their cabin, obviously involving packing/re packing etc. I wouldn’t just call this a “free upgrade” as if it was their choice!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Wow, thats kinda harsh, don’t forget they had to move because of a problem with their cabin, obviously involving packing/re packing etc. I wouldn’t just call this a “free upgrade” as if it was their choice!

I don’t find it harsh at all. They are punishing service staff that had nothing to do with it. I don’t care the reason. Complain to corporate, write a letter, but don’t cut tips from staff that work their butts off. Now THAT is harsh to do. No matter the reason it’s still a free upgrade. Their only concern seems to be not getting the double points which they weren’t entitled to. Again, they took it out on the wrong people. I fully stand by my statements. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Khlela said:

They are punishing service staff that had nothing to do with it. I don’t care the reason

And you can confirm, for an absolute fact, that the staff who service that stateroom would actually receive the increased amount?  Or, is it just thrown into the 'pool' and divided amongst numerous service staff?

I have to say that if I booked a verandah, paid for a verandah and was forced to move through no fault of my own, then I would consider not paying the increased hotel charge.  I am conflicted, but as it was HAL's fault, why should I be at even a small extra cost? 

• Like 3

I bet you were moved to a Vista Suite.  I also don't see much difference over a verandah cabin. You would have noticed the difference if it was a signature suite. HAL should have paid the extra gratuities because the move was necessitated by the verandah cabin being uninhabitable.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Once we reached 4 star we started booking Signature Suite, as the cabins are not that much smaller than the Neptunes, plus 4 and 5 stars get you some of the same benefits as Neptunes (free laundry, VIP boarding, some events).

Also, be watch closely for upsell offers.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Once we reached 4 star we started booking Signature Suite, as the cabins are not that much smaller than the Neptunes, plus 4 and 5 stars get you some of the same benefits as Neptunes (free laundry, VIP boarding, some events).

Also, be watch closely for upsell offers.

We are 3 Star and with a SS and CO we get so much more without paying the price of a Neptune.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

I thought this thread was about Club Orange.🙃

Yes it is, but how many who like your post have commented on post #17, including me and did not address CO on the Oosterdam if booked in a Neptune suite?  I did respond to the OPs original question but possibly there should be a new thread that deals with post #17's complaint.  We have not been on a ship with a separate CO dining facility but only on the Oosterdam which the OP is asking about.  Happy cruising to everyone, Cherie 

On 6/15/2024 at 6:24 AM, VMax1700 said:

And you can confirm, for an absolute fact, that the staff who service that stateroom would actually receive the increased amount?  Or, is it just thrown into the 'pool' and divided amongst numerous service staff?

I have to say that if I booked a verandah, paid for a verandah and was forced to move through no fault of my own, then I would consider not paying the increased hotel charge.  I am conflicted, but as it was HAL's fault, why should I be at even a small extra cost? 

I don’t need to confirm that. It doesn’t matter. It’s still punishing the staff, the wrong people and us messed up and selfish. Take it out on the people who caused the issue. An “increased hotel charge” isn’t the same at all. It would be more like not tipping servers or bartenders at the hotel because the hotel manager moved you to a room you dislike. 

you don’t have to agree with me, I don’t expect everyone to. But you are trying to justify what is blatantly punishing staff not involved. Even if it’s in the tip pool it still impacts the staff and puts less in their pocket despite doing nothing wrong.