TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

What a disappointing day for you guys. Poor B! Really hoping she is ok tomorrow. 

That walk down brought flashbacks of the time we decided to walk up to Faro Lighthouse in Mazatlan. Uphill mile and a half hike with an added 336 steps to get to the top.

What was I thinking. Going up was bad but coming down was worse🤦

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

What a disappointing day for you guys. Poor B! Really hoping she is ok tomorrow. 

That walk down brought flashbacks of the time we decided to walk up to Faro Lighthouse in Mazatlan. Uphill mile and a half hike with an added 336 steps to get to the top.

What was I thinking. Going up was bad but coming down was worse🤦

It’s funny you mention that, B and I both have travel horror stories from Mazatlan when we were kids 😂😂

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

It’s funny you mention that, B and I both have travel horror stories from Mazatlan when we were kids 😂😂

Well sometime when you aren't busy being on vacation you will have to spill the beans😁

• Haha 4

Good news - room service arrived in 25 minutes. Bad news? My chicken Caesar salad with no chicken 

IMG_4288.thumb.jpeg.c467855ef21c1328cabd387f8097ed55.jpeg

and B’ hot dog with mustard, relish, and onion (what it actually says on the menu) dry with a cup of relish and some weird hard bread as the “bun”

IMG_4287.thumb.jpeg.cab6b123491af2093d75136961a19df0.jpeg

on the bright side, B’s pizza and my fish were tasty. 

IMG_4289.thumb.jpeg.c4a646cb6873a3238a74543330ea010e.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Good news - room service arrived in 25 minutes. Bad news? My chicken Caesar salad with no chicken 

and B’ hot dog with mustard, relish, and onion (what it actually says on the menu) dry with a cup of relish and some weird hard bread as the “bun”

Just when I thought your day couldn’t get any better!

good grief. Hope you both sleep well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

No Pollo, oh no no!  And that hot dog...they took a bite out of it!

Seriously, you guys took a beating and I kinda pictured you 2 fisting some Traces...because even though you want to go to bed it's vacay...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

We also walked the donkey trail when after waiting an hour on the line for the lift and nothing moved.  Only bad part was like yours when we got stuck manoeuvering through the donkeys.  Didn't seem so bad afterwards.  But you would think I learned my lesson?  Nooo!  Last year in Bergen, Norway (on our b2 with you on the Pride) we took the lift up the mountain but decided to walk down.  Said only 2+ kilometers.  Man was that rough for me.  Wore the wrong kind of sneakers that didn't hug the ground so my ankles were on fire by the end.  Said it took 20 minutes but for me 2 hours.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

If I ever come here again, I’ll just come up to Fira and hang out at one of these places. And walk down or hit the cable car early. 

IMG_4222.thumb.jpeg.6e7e836b906a9a1c4c7930c8984b4760.jpeg

IMG_4223.thumb.jpeg.1fd41c41d9be8185f4e828f1f3f274d4.jpeg

IMG_4221.thumb.jpeg.7f3ecb061b91891b03c851f82d260946.jpeg

I see 12 women a 2 guys-that's where I'm hanging out too

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

She was unhurt (we think so far), but the overall frustration of the day got to her at this point. I think people saw her reaction and ran over to check on her, see if she was all right. She just hit a slick spot- they’re everywhere - and went down. I think between the sunburn, tired legs, and the fall, she’s gonna have a triple threat of pain tomorrow….

undaunted, we had no choice but to soldier on. The 9pm deadline had now passed, but she was back on her feet and the fight continued 

IMG_0065.thumb.jpeg.872febbc9e876b83ee82156e657dae31.jpeg

oh, and screw this useless piece of garbage 

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.70e15e9ba96e915783532d5fdc20098c.jpeg

Oh gosh! How awful B fell but good she doesn’t seem hurt. Maybe some bruises tomorrow. However @HelloItsMeB What a great dress! Hope the fall didn’t ruin it.

Is the road up to Oia only one way now? I know it’s been a long time since I was there (2010), but we were on the bus both ways.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Just a suggestion - New Port of Toulos to Mykonos Town (Chora) - there is a SeaBus as you get off ship - down a little ramp - small booth to buy tickets - 2 euros per person each way - about a 10 minute ride - we did it last year - worked great - Chora is a cute walkable town with shops, restaurants, etc. (Perhaps you already know about this.)

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

So this is the first time I’ve ever been like “100% nope” after reading about a spot someone has visited.

Hope you guys recover and B is okay. I’m pretty sure “serenity now” would be my motto for this day if I were in your shoes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Your experience is so similar to ours last October in Santorini. If we port there again, we would get the earliest tender, take the cable car to Fira, walk around then take the cable car down. If we port there later in the day, stay on the ship. 
Mykonos is so much more relaxed. Have lunch at Raya on the waterfront.IMG_6579.thumb.jpeg.118f21e2a3b58caa052c8d3375f21c17.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kayak25 said:

Just heard an announcement Mykonos is cancelled!

Am I right?

Is that right??? It looks like it… I was coming here to ask. I just woke up and have heard nothing 

• Like 2

So I looked back and Mykonos was originally not scheduled as a tender port. I guess Disney got the new dock and we decided to try and tender?

reminds me of our Alaska sailing a couple years ago when we’d always dock in the middle of town in Ketchikan, Juneau, etc. and the NCL ship would be bussing people in from some distant dock or tender. Probably a coincidence, but…

• Like 6

Announcement from Jeffy at 9:10a… they’re gonna deliver a new “enhanced” freestyle daily to our rooms or you can pick it up at Guest Services…. Feel like there’s an app for that, but whatever…. 

Speaking of, show tonight is the escape artist guy again. They’ve really recycled the individual performers. Two shows each form acrobats, violinist, and escape artist and one production show in Stardust thus far. 

• Like 11