Price reduction

1 minute ago, nchusker said:

If you find a lower price for your already booked sailing can you still call Royal to get the lower rate?

yes, for sure, as long as it is before final payment.  I do it all the time.  

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Just for clarification if you booked in the UK or Ireland you cannot price adjust. If you book at a price you’re stuck with it. 

Thanks booked in U.S.

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Just for clarification if you booked in the UK or Ireland you cannot price adjust. If you book at a price you’re stuck with it. 

Puts a kink in the phrase.... Luck of the Irish.  

• Haha 1

I just did it 2 weeks ago.  My mom’s cabin dropped by $500 and mine dropped by $250.  This is the second time we’ve had a price drop for that sailing.  The first one wasn’t as much.

Yes, as mentioned this is absolutely possible in the US and worthwhile if you see a lower price. You can also upgrade to a higher category room as well. I did this today for my upcoming Odyssey sailing, originally booked an Ocean View Guarantee and upgraded to a selected balcony room, while saving over $600. Absolutely worth it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There have been more widespread price reductions of late.  Good to see.

Just checked all ten of my future cruise yesterday. While I didn't get any reductions since most were booked at the earliest possible time when prices were lower. I've noticed a trend downwards on every cruise.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Just checked all ten of my future cruise yesterday. While I didn't get any reductions since most were booked at the earliest possible time when prices were lower. I've noticed a trend downwards on every cruise.

I've had 5 reductions in the last 2 months on 2 cruises I booked on day 1 of a schedule release. Prior to that my.last reduction was march 2022.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I did this yesterday.  What was unusual is that I did not receive an email confirmation.  Is this the new policy?

You should get a new invoice.  If not, call back and ask for one.

30 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I did this yesterday.  What was unusual is that I did not receive an email confirmation.  Is this the new policy?

I've not heard of any new policy.  I'd want to see a new invoice to confirm my new price is correctly applied.  I'd call C&A.

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've not heard of any new policy.  I'd want to see a new invoice to confirm my new price is correctly applied.  I'd call C&A.

Yes.

I did check the Balance Due on the cruise and it was reduced by $250.  

The phone wait time yesterday was about 90 minutes.  Used the call back feature.

• Like 1