Australia Cruise Market 2024

I think they need a reality check.

Especially the statement about Royal Caribbean having 3 ships. Quantum has a short season and then there’s Ovation . I don’t know what the 3rd ship is unless it’s Celebrity Edge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they need a reality check.

Especially the statement about Royal Caribbean having 3 ships. Quantum has a short season and then there’s Ovation . I don’t know what the 3rd ship is unless it’s Celebrity Edge.

Royal Princess? Lol

• Haha 4

You folks in Oz are far more in tune with the cruise market in Oz than I am. So, I take it this article is trying to put a shine on a sneaker??? If that be the case, that is unfortunate.   

• Like 6

After the past few months of news, it feels like someone grabbed last year's report by mistake.

Sure, Crown Princess has larger capacity than Coral, but no Majestic Princess, no Resilient Lady & no Brilliance of the Seas. The last two months of the forecasted season also include the loss of Pacific Explorer and the absorption of the market leader. It doesn't feel bigger & better, but there must be a stat hidden in there somewhere.

• Like 3

I feel like they wanting to fill their ships up without any discounts or incentives because their less cabins now. So no need to discount. That the cynic in me talking though.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Yes my opinion is that we are currently  experiencing an advertising technique that is based on FOMO

(Fear of missing out)

"Everyone's booking and it's so popular!!"

OR

"Closing down, last chance!"

Either way it's catering to the impulsive urge to either be in with the crowd or not wanting to miss out on that last opportunity.

Edited by Mycruiseobsession
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks, for the insight. I hope the article is even a little bit accurate. We're looking at a return visit to Oz and another cruise would certainly be in the plans. Have to keep an eye on things.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

After the past few months of news, it feels like someone grabbed last year's report by mistake.

Sure, Crown Princess has larger capacity than Coral, but no Majestic Princess, no Resilient Lady & no Brilliance of the Seas. The last two months of the forecasted season also include the loss of Pacific Explorer and the absorption of the market leader. It doesn't feel bigger & better, but there must be a stat hidden in there somewhere.

The spin doctors made themselves dizzy🙄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Yes my opinion is that we are currently  experiencing an advertising technique that is based on FOMO

(Fear of missing out)

"Everyone's booking and it's so popular!!"

OR

"Closing down, last chance!"

Either way it's catering to the impulsive urge to either be in with the crowd or not wanting to miss out on that last opportunity.

That about sums up the advertising industry ethos😒

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

That about sums up the advertising industry ethos😒

Yes in some respects, but I feel like this "Cruising Boom" and "End of P&O" seem to be more FOMO based than usual 🫠

I am currently looking for a new cruise to book, it's my carrot, but my FOMO factor is non existent so I have not been able to book yet. 🤣

images(1)(15).thumb.jpeg.c9e6faa03ff3baf5f6451e116a177a8e.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The secret is to only book cruises you want to do, unfortunately we like cruising so much it makes fitting them all in very difficult. 

That's NOT a bad habit to have.

The end of P&O FOMO has kicked-in, but the start of "operated by Carnival" FOMO appears to be much, much, much, much more restrained.

Barb thought she was cruising on her birthday next month, but I re-confirmed (for the 4th time) that we embark 3 days after her birthday. She was sad, so I told her I would look at Pacific Adventure on 1st July and we could S2S with the Carnival one already booked. I have checked frequently for 3 days, and not a single cabin has bobbed-up - booked solid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

The secret is to only book cruises you want to do, unfortunately we like cruising so much it makes fitting them all in very difficult. 

Oh yes that's  why I haven't  found the right booking yet.

But I do love to have something  booked, even if it is ages away - it's that little reward you know is coming! 🥕

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

I am with you on this!

Not personal FOMO for us with P&O. We take inspiration from Mic. When a new season is launched, we are usually booking something same day and getting in before FOMO.

• Like 2

Just now, arxcards said:

Not personal FOMO for us with P&O. We take inspiration from Mic. When a new season is launched, we are usually booking something same day and getting in before FOMO.

I Love it!

Now I have FOMO because  I want to be like you! 😉

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4