What insurance to get

Hello

My family and I are booked the Symphony next May and wanted to ask other then insurance from the T&A which is expensive, what others are available and would be a good one to get. Wedo not want to take a chance and not have coverage in case something happens. Thank you

Use "InsureMyTrip.com". You can get quotes and compare from many different insurance companies and see reviews. The prices shown are the same as if you went direct to the the insurance company's website and asked for the same quote.

2 hours ago, nj356 said:

Hello

My family and I are booked the Symphony next May and wanted to ask other then insurance from the T&A which is expensive, what others are available and would be a good one to get. Wedo not want to take a chance and not have coverage in case something happens. Thank you

Some buy a yearly policy. I would consider cancel for any reason though it costs a bit more. I was a no show last  month and once last year. Both were for reasons other than  y own health and woukdnt have been covered by a lot of policies. My mom passed first time, my  health not affected. Many policies dont cover a family member who is not cruising with you. I'd consider something like cancel for any reason. I've never been sick and cant board, both times other uncovered reasons.

• Like 1

I agree with firefly333.  Annual insurance is sometimes less than the cost of insuring one cruise with the TA or cruise line.  If you go further than 100 miles from home any time during the yearlong policy, the insurance kicks it, and it's not specific to cruising as your mode of transportation.

I've used Allianz and GeoBlue in the past.

Posted (edited)

I always look for the enhanced medical package that includes coverage to be returned to your hospital of choice, not simply the closest hospital to the ship.  In my work, I've seen too many travelers stranded at a hospital far from home even with trip insurance. I use Travelguard, but there are many out there, as others have noted.

Teddie

Edited by teddie

11 hours ago, nj356 said:

Hello

Hello @nj356

Thank you for your new thread. However, it was posted on an incorrect forum and was off topic there. To help you out, your inquiry has been moved to the Cruise/Travel Insurance forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

37 minutes ago, shrifk said:

I use travel insurance store

Do you mean www.TripInsuranceStore.com?

I mention this because I once posted a "link" to TIS, but I (gasp!) posted it wrong, and used the word "Trip...". 🙄

(Fortunately, that forwards to the right place! 🙂 )

GC

• Like 2

Tripinsurance.com

I used them for a cruise on the Star Princess that was recently canceled. Getting a refund was easy and they were very responsive. I received a refund within a day of providing the cancelation invoice from Princess. 

• Like 1