newby sharing cabin with elite plus

2 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I don't remember an elite breakfast

Some ships have a buffet style, some waiter service. It is NOT a full hot breakfast. Mostly like a continental with some deli meats and smoked salmon. Fruit plate, and danish also. You also have available complimentary specialty coffees and mimosas. Search and you can find the menu. On Eclipse, it was held in Tuscan grille.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have more points than she does..

That should only occur if you actually have cruised more than she, or if cruise points were somehow missed on one or more of her cruises with you.  But it also could be the result of yours being calculated incorrectly.

You can call Captains Club for a review of their records to resolve the difference.  But a word of caution: if your additional points were awarded to you by error, they can reduce your points accordingly to match hers.  I say that as your situation is similar to friends of ours (with RCCL points) and when they checked they found out the the extra points were calculated in error by the cruise line and they reduced the higher ones as a result, which changed their status. 

Moral of the story is unless you are sure yours are correct, perhaps leave well enough alone as you share the benefits of your higher points.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Moral of the story is unless you are sure yours are correct, perhaps leave well enough alone as you share the benefits of your higher points.

I did more of the power up things than she did during the shutdown..if I get the 3 this month, I will have exactly 300..that said, we will still buy the drinks package etc..

Your advice is more than likely on point, leave well enough alone..I assume if we are booked together, our accounts are linked..is this correct?  

Sailing in September..

17 hours ago, RTShaker said:

IF the newby lives at the same address, and the CC accounts are linked, the benefits are also given to them.

not quite. Only one person listed at same address gets to status so if the elite plus member has a partner already another person does not get the benefits

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I did more of the power up things than she did during the shutdown..if I get the 3 this month, I will have exactly 300..that said, we will still buy the drinks package etc..

Your advice is more than likely on point, leave well enough alone..I assume if we are booked together, our accounts are linked..is this correct?  

Sailing in September..

Booking together with the same reservation number in the same stateroom, same last name, etc., means that yes, you will both receive the same points on each of your accounts individually for that cruise.

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sailing in September..

We had to request ours to be linked together. However, this was more than 10 yrs ago so they may do it automatically now.

40 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

We had to request ours to be linked together. However, this was more than 10 yrs ago so they may do it automatically now.

When you make a reservation and enter the CC number for the names on the reservation, each person receives their points and are linked with that reservation.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

When you make a reservation and enter the CC number for the names on the reservation, each person receives their points and are linked with that reservation.

I know that. I was answering whether Captains Club accounts are linked together or not, not linked together to a reservation. In our case they were not even though we had always sailed together and had our numbers entered for each reservation. My hubby actually has more points than I do because he was offered some Power Up point opportunities that I was not. However, because our accounts are linked together, my total points are the same as his. If he were to sail without me, or vice versa, each of us would receive the points for that sailing since our accounts are linked.  

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I know that. I was answering whether Captains Club accounts are linked together or not, not linked together to a reservation. In our case they were not even though we had always sailed together and had our numbers entered for each reservation. My hubby actually has more points than I do because he was offered some Power Up point opportunities that I was not. However, because our accounts are linked together, my total points are the same as his. If he were to sail without me, or vice versa, each of us would receive the points for that sailing since our accounts are linked.  

Sorry.  I guess I misunderstood.  Our accounts have always been linked together from when we first cruised so I guess I was confused.

2 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

...However, because our accounts are linked together, my total points are the same as his. If he were to sail without me, or vice versa, each of us would receive the points for that sailing since our accounts are linked.  

Actually your points are only what you earned individually by sailing, PUP, etc. What you do get is the benefit of the higher CC tier.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Actually your points are only what you earned individually by sailing, PUP, etc. What you do get is the benefit of the higher CC tier.

Yes, I know that, but having said that, just clarifying my points are exactly the same as my hubby's as shown on our CC accounts. Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
Clarification

My wife and I have always sailed together on Celebrity until I sailed with my mother earlier this year. What does that mean for my wife and my points? Do I have more points than she does? Does she still receive the benefits of my level (should I hit a higher level than she is at because of those points)?

15 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Sorry.  I guess I misunderstood.  Our accounts have always been linked together from when we first cruised so I guess I was confused.

Same with our CC accounts. Our CC cruise points have and still match. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

My wife and I have always sailed together on Celebrity until I sailed with my mother earlier this year. What does that mean for my wife and my points? Do I have more points than she does? Does she still receive the benefits of my level (should I hit a higher level than she is at because of those points)?

You will have more CC cruise points than your wife. If your CC accounts are linked she will be the same CC tier level as you but with less CC cruise points.

5 hours ago, doghog said:

You will have more CC cruise points than your wife. If your CC accounts are linked she will be the same CC tier level as you but with less CC cruise points.

Thanks so much! 🙂