Silversea Shenanigans Onboard Silver Muse

tnm6217

22 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Most of the discussion in this thread has been around the unfulfilled premium champagne, but what I am more concerned about is the significant price change for a prebooked spa service mentioned by the original poster.   @tnm6217 - Did the spa manager honor the price you had reserved?

In another thread, a passenger currently aboard the Spirit is reporting that they were just told that all guests on an excursion that was booked for later this week will need to pay an additional $400 per person vs. the reserved price or the excursion will be cancelled. 

This failure to honor printed prices is extremely troubling.  

The story about the excursion particularly bothers me. I have friends boarding Spirit this weekend. Told him I would report back the outcome of gcornell's proposed meeting with the shorex manager.

But since the spa is not operated by Silversea, I can't expect the cruise company to intervene. It would have been courteous, however, for the spa manager to honor the confirmed price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mahogany said:

But since the spa is not operated by Silversea, I can't expect the cruise company to intervene. It would have been courteous, however, for the spa manager to honor the confirmed price.

I’d disagree entirely with the first sentence and agree completely with the second. Any honourable company would ensure that their concessions conduct their businesses in an honourable way also, knowing the damage that can be done to their reputation.

Unless of course the reason that they won’t intervene is because RCI have put the squeeze on the spa operators too. I Can’t see where else their expenses could have increased to the level that they would need to consider such shabby behaviour. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have stopped using spa services in recent years, but before I did I firmly told spa therapists at the beginning of the session that if they attempted to sell me anything, even another treatment, I will remove the gratuity charge for the service.  I hate being hard sold on product I do not want or need and stood by that threat.  I believe that part of their condition of employment is sales of product and they have quotas they must hit to keep their jobs, and you know what, that is not my problem.  Spa prices have become near extortionate on cruise ships in recent years and no longer represent good value.  I don't like being a bully but somewhere a line has to be drawn.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 5:12 PM, Dolcevita Diva said:

Most of the discussion in this thread has been around the unfulfilled premium champagne, but what I am more concerned about is the significant price change for a prebooked spa service mentioned by the original poster.   @tnm6217 - Did the spa manager honor the price you had reserved?

In another thread, a passenger currently aboard the Spirit is reporting that they were just told that all guests on an excursion that was booked for later this week will need to pay an additional $400 per person vs. the reserved price or the excursion will be cancelled. 

This failure to honor printed prices is extremely troubling.  

@Dolcevita Diva I never followed up on it. The aesthetician told me he would call me back and let me know what the spa manager said, but he never called. I was so offput by the whole exchange that I decided against pursuing it and also cancelled the facial I scheduled for later in the week. 

Edited by tnm6217
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

@tnm6217, how is your champagne arbitration going?

@dawntrdr I haven’t heard a peep! They signed for it on July 2nd, so they still have a month to reach out to settle prior to arbitration. I’m just over here patiently waiting and not at all regretting my decision to file the notice of disagreement.

I have no more SS cruises on the books and am happily diverting my cruise resources to Celebrity, Windstar, Royal, and Explora!

- Taylor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

I have no more SS cruises on the books and am happily diverting my cruise resources to Celebrity, Windstar, Royal, and Explora!

- Taylor

You are aware that Silversea, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are all owned by the same company?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

You are aware that Silversea, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are all owned by the same company?

@Texas Tillie Yes, hence the Status Match Program and the reason I had the VS 250 Days status. I'm not out to get RCL...I just wanted my dang bottle of upgraded Champagne...

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2024 at 8:38 PM, tnm6217 said:

@dawntrdr I haven’t heard a peep! They signed for it on July 2nd, so they still have a month to reach out to settle prior to arbitration. I’m just over here patiently waiting and not at all regretting my decision to file the notice of disagreement.

- Taylor

Hi @tnm6217!  Another month has passed... Any update on the champagne dispute?

I was on the Silver Endeavour the last 2 weeks as a matched V250 day guest. At first no upgraded champagne, but after talking to the the VS/future cruise representative and some internal discussion they agreed the public terms clearly state we should have an upgraded champagne even though the internal memos said this shouldn't be included. She was also very much 'on my side' which was a nice surprise, said I was the first matched VS250 on the Silver Endeavour and they would ensure all future ones get the upgraded (rose) champagne too on this ship at least 😉

• Like 2

Just off the Moon and was given upgraded champagne in the room. 

the laundry benefit is the real extra. Laundry in at 9am and back at 6 pm same day. On hangers and pressed    small items wrapped in paper. 

• Like 3

On 9/7/2024 at 1:14 PM, BreakfastCruiser said:

I was on the Silver Endeavour the last 2 weeks as a matched V250 day guest. At first no upgraded champagne, but after talking to the the VS/future cruise representative and some internal discussion they agreed the public terms clearly state we should have an upgraded champagne even though the internal memos said this shouldn't be included. She was also very much 'on my side' which was a nice surprise, said I was the first matched VS250 on the Silver Endeavour and they would ensure all future ones get the upgraded (rose) champagne too on this ship at least 😉

We're on the Endeavour now, in a Silver Suite, with almost 400 actual days on Silversea and we did not get upgraded champagne. Consider yourself fortunate!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sea bright said:

We're on the Endeavour now, in a Silver Suite, with almost 400 actual days on Silversea and we did not get upgraded champagne. Consider yourself fortunate!!

Are you going to ask for it?  You certainly should.

• Like 1

We were on Silver Endeavour June 15, 2024, just after the status match was announced. We are E+ on Celebrity, so we matched to 350 days (despite only having 10 actual SS days at that point). 

We got the inculded laundry service, which was awesome. Our bottle of champagne had a red foil. We did not drink it, nor did we pay attention to the brand. I just checked with my son (we had the kids with us as we were celebrating Hubby's 60th birthday). He thinks their champagne had a dark blue or black foil. They didn't drink it. I'm guessing the different bottles/foils means that our bottle had been upgraded???

I recall talking to a person who had matched to 250, and was also very happy about the laundry, but I don't think we discussed champagne. 

In any event, if SS says it's a benefit, they should include it. 

On 9/7/2024 at 8:02 AM, dawntrdr said:

Hi @tnm6217!  Another month has passed... Any update on the champagne dispute?

@dawntrdr Nothing yet. They received my letter on 7/2, so they have until 10/2 under the terms and conditions. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to contact them in the event they ghost me. If anyone has contact information for their legal department, I'd certainly appreciate it!

@BreakfastCruiser @tfred @sea bright -- thank you for sharing your experiences!

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 2:30 PM, BreakfastCruiser said:

As you should. Salute to you for sticking it to them to be true to their T&Cs. Keep it up 😀

I hardly think this is sticking it to them but go ahead believing it 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:04 AM, MuseCruiser said:

I hardly think this is sticking it to them but go ahead believing it 😂😂😂

The irony is that the upgraded champagne would have cost Silversea about $10. In contrast, by the time this is over, RCG will have wasted far more in staff time and legal resources, nevermind the negative PR. So in the end, the OP wins no matter what the outcome.

Edited by commodoredave
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2