Adding Princess Plus after deposit?

49 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I want to add Princess Plus to a recently booked cruise, but if I add it online they want $1,200 payment now. Is this normal?

Call them and have it added to your reservation. If you're not within the final payment time, you can pay for it when you pay off your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

If you add it now, it will guarantee that your rate will not increase.  I have heard/read, that if it is part of your fare, you would need to re-fare everything if you decide to cancel it.  Don't know what will happen if you want to re-fare just the fare.

Posted (edited)

Be careful regarding Princess employees who are clueless. Make sure they upgrade you to the Plus Fare and not the stand-alone Plus Package.  There is a huge difference in price and the Plus Package doesn't include the gratuities, Ocean Anywhere, Room Service, and Internet fees. It should be straightforward but Princess help hasn't been very helpful at all since they moved it to the Philippines.

As for guaranteeing against a price raise: The last time they raised the pricing they took away a number of things I had previously been guaranteed when I originally booked with the Plus Fare and listed them as "NEW" with the higher pricing.

Edited by Thrak

If it were me, I add it onboard on Day 1 (can't do that later than embarkation day).  Any OBC you might have will apply,.  If you add it before sailing, your trip insurance will increase since this counts as a fare increase, not so when added onboard.

And to emphasize what Thrak said, you want the whole Princess Plus package not the "Plus Beverage Package".  Plus Beverage Package is $64.99 (plus 18%) per person per day for drinks -- no grats, WiFi, or other stuff..  While the Plus Fare package is $60, go figure Princess Marketing genius...