Unique to UK sailings

ktcishot

On 6/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, john watson said:

A few years back Princess put in a dedicated Tea Library and tea room on Grand Princess.  They had no fewer than 140 different kinds of tea in glass fronted cabinets.  You sat at the tables and they brought over your selection in a pot with an egg timer so you could brew to your requirements. It was also possible to buy a bulk amount to take home.  

Regards John

We did 63 days straight on Grand Princess last year. There were a few books in the library and people did puzzles and played cards there but there was zero tea involved at any time.

On 6/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, Thrak said:

My wife loved having a kettle in the room when we sailed out of Southampton for the Norther Lights in Norway. We have two cruises leaving from Southampton next year and will hopefully have a kettle for those. The first one I expect we will have a kettle as it's Ireland, Scotland, etc. However, the one after that goes from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale and I'm thinking there may well not be a kettle provided on that sailing.

As for dressing up: I don't own a tux but I am one of the weirdos who wears a suit on Formal Nights. It doesn't bother me at all even though we are flying to Ireland from California. We tend to take one checked bag and two carry on bags when we fly for cruises. No big deal to pack a suit.

We did a Celebrity TA from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale and there were kettles. We are doing a Princess TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton next spring. I would love to have a kettle in our stateroom.

I’m a Brit and cannot function without my morning cuppa - recently cruised Alaska on Grand Princess - as soon as we accessed our cabin I asked our lovely  steward if he was able to provide us with a kettle- low and behold within the hour one appeared!

shows it’s always worth asking 😊

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 2:07 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't recall any kettles on our last TA from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. 

Definitely on CelebrityCruises from UK.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Huh?

It’s a Northern expression which roughly translates to “you won’t get anything if you don’t ask”.

Bairn = child

Nowt = nothing 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:11 AM, insidecabin said:

The tea(bag)selection on Caribbean P in buffet  has been ok

Tetley English breakfast.

Twinings English breakfast and Every Day

Some organic brand forgot.

Still have the worst tea ever Lipton's.

Wasn't aware Lipton's was actually called tea!  Dreadful.  Our favorite is Tetleys Green & Black.  Quite nice.  The herbal teas are quite nice iced.

I’m going on Enchanted to the Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale. First cruise ever that isn’t in Europe. I’ll ask for a kettle and keep my fingers crossed! I’m the same with needing a cuppa in the morning even if it’s 30C outside. Oh well. Florida, the Caribbean and the enchanted will have to put up with the zombie version of this Brit otherwise 😂 😂 

Im letting my fellow Brits down here, so I’ll say it quietly 🤫 

…..its going to be so nice to be less formal on formal nights

Husband ditching the full suit & tie, I’m ditching a long dress and shawl, summer dresses and short sleeve shirts are the plan

I’m really looking forward to a cruise that’s not mainly brits on board tbh. I love my fellow Brits but I’m excited to experience something different, just the other way around to the poster of this thread. Things unique to USA sailings 😃 

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

We did 63 days straight on Grand Princess last year. There were a few books in the library and people did puzzles and played cards there but there was zero tea involved at any time.

When we sailed there were no books in the tea library just tea, wall to wall racks of them.

Regards John

I had a kettle in my interior cabin on Sky out of Southampton. But my first brew of the day had a very odd taste so I didn't bother after that. Dont ask me to describe the taste, I couldn't. But very unpleasant!