Dining reservations

negn

@ziggyuk thanks for your information for your dining reservations for April 2025 on the Ruby  Princess.

I have adjusted it on the list and I will post and update if I get any more information from others.

It does seem like more and more people are able to book their dinner reservations ship by ship Cruise Cruise, which is great.

It definitely is interesting that you and others are able to book traditional dining, i.e. first seating or second seating some nights and mix it with the dining room that is reservable, every 20 minutes the other nights.
Of course, one should definitely be able to book specialty restaurants or go to their casual meal options if offered in the evening with their plus or premier package.

I guess as others experience all of this come September 15 , 2024 ,we will know a little bit more as time goes on.

@ziggyuk sorry if I’ve already asked this of you previously. Can you see on your app or Web version -Michaelangelo dining room where the times for traditional is  5 PM and 7:20 PM or 7:30 PM?

I know that you said that you could not see any reservations available. I was just curious if you knew the time of second seating . I have 7:20 pm, but for some odd reason, I think it’s 7:30 pm, not that it makes too much difference. Just trying to update my list.

so if anybody that is on the Ruby princess in 2024 or after September 15 and beyond, please let me know what time you have booked for second seating -traditional. I appreciate it.

33 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@ziggyuk sorry if I’ve already asked this of you previously. Can you see on your app or Web version -Michaelangelo dining room where the times for traditional is  5 PM and 7:20 PM or 7:30 PM?

I know that you said that you could not see any reservations available. I was just curious if you knew the time of second seating . I have 7:20 pm, but for some odd reason, I think it’s 7:30 pm, not that it makes too much difference. Just trying to update my list.

so if anybody that is on the Ruby princess in 2024 or after September 15 and beyond, please let me know what time you have booked for second seating -traditional. I appreciate it.

Yes, it was me who sent you the screen shots a few pages back, 7.20 for me on the Ruby.
So now I have 7.20 in both dining rooms, no change in time just a chance for variety.

BTW this is all only possible for me on the web app, no booking via the app on my phone is available.

• Thanks 1

@arizonaperson  I can also confirm that the second seating in Michelangelo on the Ruby was at 7:20, however for my cruise 10/15/24 it now only shows 5:00.  Full at 7:20?  Don’t know.  In Botticelli there are still reservations available every 20 mins including 7:20.  BTW…I only use the app.

• Thanks 1

How does it work in the reservable dinning room when there are spaces every 20 mins?  Do they allow 1.5 hrs between bookings on a tables so if one table is booked from 5pm to about say 6:30 pm then the table would sit unused from 6:30 -  next booking at 7:20?

Or does it mean people will have to turn up at the door at 7:20 and wait for the next available table to be free?

1 hour ago, paddingtonbear said:

How does it work in the reservable dinning room when there are spaces every 20 mins?  Do they allow 1.5 hrs between bookings on a tables so if one table is booked from 5pm to about say 6:30 pm then the table would sit unused from 6:30 -  next booking at 7:20?

Or does it mean people will have to turn up at the door at 7:20 and wait for the next available table to be free?

I'm sure nobody knows, but I'm guessing the latter. 

1 minute ago, alwalaska said:

I'm sure nobody knows, but I'm guessing the latter. 

On the DMW scheme we showed up at our reserved time and then stood in a queue until a table opened up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I am on the Ruby in 2025.  Only showing the Michelango at 5 and 720 pm.  

what is the web app?  

Michelangelo DR on Ruby P. Is the Traditional dining room with early And late seating.

there is also a choice to book your reservations on the web and not on the princess app.

I had everything beautifully booked for the Boticcelli on my NZ cruise in January and was happy   Just tried to get into the app to check they had not cancelled them (as they tend to do sometimes)  and cannot get into the dates to see what is there  it only shows this week   Very frustrating

13 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

I asked our matreD (sp) on our last cruise about that.  We had booked 5 PM and I asked what would happen if we had booked 5:20.  He said the table would stay open until 5:20. No idea how it works in later times.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Josie201 said:

what is the web app?  

The web app is a copy of the app that is loaded in a browser.
In my case (maybe because I'm new to Princess, or maybe because I'm not paid in full) I can't book dining on the phone app or website.
Only the web app works for me:
https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

On 7/12/2024 at 5:20 AM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

As we are on second sitting at 7.30 P.m. I am hoping as some have indicated that the second theatre show is at 10 -10.15 p.m. On P&O ships the dining times for fixed are 6.30 and 8.30 with the second theatre show at 10.30 which can be a bit tight as quite often don't get out of the MDR until 10.15 on some nights.

On our previous sailings on the Discovery as well as the Majestic, the shows were at 730 and 930.  It would still be a two hour gap similar to your P&O sailing when you go from second seating to late show.

On 7/12/2024 at 11:05 AM, Boku said:

I dont see why Princess have made these changes, it just removes customer choice. If someone wants to dine at 17:00 then just make a reservation for that time. 

If someone wishes to dine at 500, they technically have five different choices as long as all five are available.  Early private, early shared, DMW private, DMW shared, walk in.

On 7/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, Boku said:

I used to be able to make a reservation at a time and in an MDR of my choosing, now I can only choose a dining time in one MDR rather than any of the three. To me thats a loss of choice. I dont want to be forced to dine at a set time and I dont want to stand in a queue for 30 minutes.

With the return of traditional dining, only one of the three dining rooms have been taken away as an option for you.  Depending upon what time you decide to eat on a daily basis, you'll have a choice of the remaining two dining rooms to choose from.  If the DMW room is primarily filled up when you wish to dine, you'll be relegated to the walk in option only.

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If someone wishes to dine at 500, they technically have five different choices as long as all five are available.  Early private, early shared, DMW private, DMW shared, walk in.

Exactly, just make a reservation. The changes haven't provided anything that couldn't be done before.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:17 PM, Boku said:

The fact remains, for me and many others, the new arrangements mean less choice. How can being able to choose a time and venue in three MDR's going down to one be more choice?

You still have two dining rooms to choose from if you wish to eat at 645 one night and 700 the next.  The DMW room may be able to accommodate you while the walk in definitely can.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

With the return of traditional dining, only one of the three dining rooms have been taken away as an option for you.  Depending upon what time you decide to eat on a daily basis, you'll have a choice of the remaining two dining rooms to choose from.  If the DMW room is primarily filled up when you wish to dine, you'll be relegated to the walk in option only.

That is exactly what has happened, my preferred MDR is now walkin only (possible long wait time), my second choice MDR is fixed dining so my only option to dine at a time I want is the MDR at the back of the ship which I dont want to use due to its location.

Edit   I could eat in the buffet but thats not for me or I can pay to eat in a speciality or casual restaurant but why should I when the old dining system worked perfectly well.

Edited by Boku

On 7/12/2024 at 4:55 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Arrive late, for the Traditional dining seating time????

Okay....  something is off here people!

Not really, it's just more of the me first mentality that many cruisers have these days.  Empathy for others is not a concept they believe in.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Not really, it's just more of the me first mentality that many cruisers have these days.  Empathy for others is not a concept they believe in.

Do you know me? No you don't,  so please don't make derogatory judgements. 

I get it that some people are happy with the new dining arrangements and thats great for you but I don't like them and I am exercising my right to say so.

Edit: This difference of opinion seems to have hit a nerve with some people so I will respectfully drop out of the thread.

Edited by Boku

5 minutes ago, Boku said:

Do you know me? No you don't,  so please don't make derogatory judgements. 

I get it that some people are happy with the new dining arrangements and thats great for you but I don't like them and I am exercising my right to say so.

You're just upset because your preferred dining room is no longer DMW.  If you are locked into traditional dining at a shared table, it's not right to show up late because what you're doing affects the dining situation for the other couples at your table.  If you are at a private table and you show up late, you're only inconveniencing your waiter.  

The new three option plan opens up more options for all cruisers.  You're just upset about your MDR of choice no longer offering DMW.  It's either go with the flow or if it upsets you that much, change cruise lines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, palolake said:

I asked our matreD (sp) on our last cruise about that.  We had booked 5 PM and I asked what would happen if we had booked 5:20.  He said the table would stay open until 5:20. No idea how it works in later times.

It was the same for us on the Discovery and the Majestic.  We had 540 reserved each night.  At 600, we would loose our table.  Most nights we were there from 545-700 with plenty of time to make 730 show and then 3+ hours of bar hopping and possibly other entertainment.

18 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I am on the Ruby in 2025.  Only showing the Michelango at 5 and 720 pm.  

what is the web app?  

Go to post 762.  Click on the link on your PC, not your phone.  You can check in via your booking number to make your reservations.

19 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

It would depend upon if it was a two top versus an eight top.  The two top can obviously be turned quicker.  They want to get at least two turns and some tables three turns each night.  

We had a 540 reservation with a 20 minute cushion.  So we were usually done by 700 so it could be turned by 715 and done by 900.  Those tables at 500 and 520 could possibly be turned twice for three seatings.

• Thanks 1

My opinion is there is no derogatory judgement = meant to hurt others on the response back .

when you say: you don’t like any of the new dining choices and yes, you are free to express your opinion ,but when you say that you’re just going to show up late and inconvenience others because you want to do what you want to do and you’re not getting your way -then that’s why it’s a hot button topic and hits a nerve.

Derogatory - no.
And yes, it potentially does inconvenience others ( wait staff,other passengers,etc) .we don’t know all the facts of your cruise that you’re upset with only what you posted. Way back in this thread ,I gave my opinion and said the same thing that others are saying still & now.
If you don’t like this new dinner arrangement, you should perhaps cancel your cruise, go to another cruise line, or just embrace what Princess has done to hopefully enhance what passengers have been asking for.  So many choices ( other vacation/ holiday options ) out there if you don’t like what’s happening. It is not changing back to “your “ dinning arrangement that you had previously on Princess , right now.

• Like 5