Dining reservations

negn

We had previously only been able to book Traditional in Michelangelo in Crown for September 2025 and were not subsequently able to change to Reservable but today were able to change to Reservable in Botticelli - it did not overwrite previous booking it gave us both bookings and we had to cancel original (so did not overwrite original)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sorry I may have missed this...but we are Elite in a Suite on Grand and before the new dining went into effect we had that special banner that said Reserve Dining so no need for a reservation...but now since the new dining has gone into effect that has disappeared... so does that mean they have done away with the special reserve section?  I see what each of the 3 different MDR offer ..so if we choose to just walk in and go to that dining room will there not be a reserve section?  We were looking forward to trying this perk of the suite.

We have Reserve Dining and, all of a sudden, the wording is missing from the app.  But if you go to Princess.com and check your booking on the web version, it will still show Reserve Dining. Just another screw up on the app.

8 minutes ago, palolake said:

We have Reserve Dining and, all of a sudden, the wording is missing from the app.  But if you go to Princess.com and check your booking on the web version, it will still show Reserve Dining. Just another screw up on the app.

where do you see it on the website?

5 minutes ago, palolake said:

When you log into your reservation on their "web version".  Then click on dining.

oh you mean the webversion of the app...i thought you meant the website as you said princess.com so i went to the normal site..will try going to the app web version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

oh you mean the webversion of the app...i thought you meant the website as you said princess.com so i went to the normal site..will try going to the app web version.

And if you go to the website and look up suite benefits it will also say reserve dining same with reserve mini suites 

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

And if you go to the website and look up suite benefits it will also say reserve dining same with reserve mini suites 

Yes I agree it does say this on the site, but I went and looked at the webversion of the app and it still allowed me to book a MDR and didn't say Reserve Dining so i hope our vista suite still gets that perk because as of right now I only see it mentioned in the perk suites and no where under the app or webversion when i log in. 

6 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Yes I agree it does say this on the site, but I went and looked at the webversion of the app and it still allowed me to book a MDR and didn't say Reserve Dining so i hope our vista suite still gets that perk because as of right now I only see it mentioned in the perk suites and no where under the app or webversion when i log in. 

I would not worry much about the app. It has so many glitches that you really can’t believe much on it until you get on board

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I would not worry much about the app. It has so many glitches that you really can’t believe much on it until you get on board

yeah so true...we will for sure check once on board as we were in the same suite before but with friends so we didn't take advantage of some of the benefits and I know we were given a list of benefits..so will look for that again. 

11 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

yeah so true...we will for sure check once on board as we were in the same suite before but with friends so we didn't take advantage of some of the benefits and I know we were given a list of benefits..so will look for that again. 

I am sailing next week if there is no reserve dining area I will be very surprised

18 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Sapphire Princess Aug 7 to Sept 3, 2026.  I posted July (we will be doing land travel in Finland, Netherlands & Germany in July bf sailing) but we don’t sail until Aug.  

I booked flexible dining in Vivaldi.  I could choose flexible dining in International or Savoy if I wanted. Private or shared is available.  Every 20 minutes starting at 5 pm 
Santa Fe and Pacific Moon both show no times available.  Which is weird as I don’t see any traditional fixed dining. 

We have booked the same cruise. This is our problem as we would much like to reserve traditional late dining and cannot do so. It is odd but I guess we have time to wait for them to fix it.😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

enjoy your cruise and let us know if something changes.

Oh I would not only post here but raise holy hell on board some it is a perk on the website which I will have a screenshot of

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am sailing next week if there is no reserve dining area I will be very surprised

There is still reserve dining. I have seen quite a few Patters posted with what DR listed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

There is still reserve dining. I have seen quite a few Patters posted with what DR listed.

And I think I would have heard something from my CVP if there had been a change. We just got off the Ruby in April and it was alive and well in Da Vinci 

We had dining reservations booked through January 2026 with no problems once App opened up first week of July. 

Booked a new cruise this week and now getting same messages as a lot of previous posters. Unable to make dining reservations. We are Platinum. Called Princess and the made our reservable reservations for the whole week, but still can't reserve or cancel or make Specialty dining reservations in the app or the web version. Never had a problem and the app has always worked perfectly. I know they have had glitches on Friday.  My CVP said we didn't show Platinum and he also had to re-enter a lot of information. Any clues?

On 7/27/2024 at 6:44 PM, OceanoPair said:

We had dining reservations booked through January 2026 with no problems once App opened up first week of July. 

Booked a new cruise this week and now getting same messages as a lot of previous posters. Unable to make dining reservations. We are Platinum. Called Princess and the made our reservable reservations for the whole week, but still can't reserve or cancel or make Specialty dining reservations in the app or the web version. Never had a problem and the app has always worked perfectly. I know they have had glitches on Friday.  My CVP said we didn't show Platinum and he also had to re-enter a lot of information. Any clues?

Got it all straightened out after calling Princess several times. They had to reset my profile.

Late last month, I was able to make reservations for traditional dining in the International Dining Room for our Oct 2025 cruise on the Sapphire. Choices were 5PM and 7:30PM, with 5PM having both shared and private tables and 7:30PM only having private tables. Of course, I wanted to book a shared table for 7:30PM.

I did try reserving in the app, but there was no option to create a dining plan and as the cruise is 32 days long, I switched to the web portal and was able to create a dining plan for 7:30PM each evening for a private table.

I will ask when onboard if 7:30PM traditional at a shared table for 6, or 8 is available.

• Like 1

I made reservations for the same time each night for both of our cruises next fall. I decided to change them to a slightly later time today and had absolutely no problem changing the time in the app. I moved each reservation to 20 minutes later. Very easy and no problems with the app.