Celebrity Beyond Early Dining Question with Group

I don't know if I'm just thick or what, but I just can't figure out how this four main dining rooms work with a fixed dining time for a group.  We have a 6pm dining time, but do we still need to make reservations at a specific restaurant for each evening?  Or do we show up at 6pm and they seat us at the same table each night, but are able to select from different menus?  Or do we select which restaurant when we show up that evening?  I'm strictly talking about the included dining rooms, but not the buffet.

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl

Traditional (fixed) dining is at the same table with the same wait staff at the same time every night. Whether or not Beyond actually offers traditional dining (even though that's what your booking says) always seems to be in question on these boards.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

While most dining on the e-class ships is 'anytime', I had fixed dining on Ascent earlier this year.  There was a card in my cabin indicating which restaurant/table I was assigned to, just like other classes of ships.  From there, you can order from any of the four restaurants menus. 

There is a common menu, but also a second menu for the unique dishes offered in each dining room.  Just ask your waiter for it if he/she doesn't suggest it.

If you go speak to the host on day 1, they'll clarify it for you and answer any questions, but it does appear they still have a small amount of fixed dining available.

Edited by janabellev2.0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fmlsprtsfn said:

I don't know if I'm just thick or what, but I just can't figure out how this four main dining rooms work with a fixed dining time for a group

5 minutes ago, janabellev2.0 said:

While most dining on the e-class ships is 'anytime', I had fixed dining on Ascent earlier this year.  There was a card in my cabin indicating which restaurant/table I was assigned to, just like other classes of ships.  From there, you can order from any of the four restaurants menus. 

We had the same question and thanks fmlsprtfn for asking and thanks to janabellev2.0 for answering. 🙂

Our issue is compounded by the size of our group (11 family members).  We have four separate reservations that are linked and originally had selected Anytime dining. As I investigated making reservations, the max size was for a party of 8, and there was only one of the four main dining restaurants that showed up as an option. So given that, I shifted us all to Early dining (which would have been about our preferred dining time anyway).

There is a picture on the Celebrity website of a table set for ten, but I haven't been able to find any info specific to large groups.  Is it reasonable to think that we can speak to the dining room folks when we board and arrange accommodation for a party of eleven (or alternatively tables for six and five that are in proximity)?

Thanks in advance for your help and any advice. 

• Like 1

I know I called Celebrity to apply gift cards and they made sure our linked reservations were also linked for the same dining time, but we are only a group of 6.  We have been on several cruises, but this is our first Celebrity and our first with others.  As suggested by janabellev2.0 above, I think I will swing by the host stand on day one to put my mind at ease.  The group is looking at me to have all the answers (silly rabbits).  Happy Sailing!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jgmorgan said:

There is a picture on the Celebrity website of a table set for ten, but I haven't been able to find any info specific to large groups.  Is it reasonable to think that we can speak to the dining room folks when we board and arrange accommodation for a party of eleven (or alternatively tables for six and five that are in proximity)?

With a larger group, I would definitely chat with the dining room host after boarding. The hosts have been very helpful to me, so I'm sure you'll arrive at a good solution.  You may find that two tables close together allow for better dinner conversation. 

Enjoy your cruise!

We had the same question and thanks fmlsprtfn for asking and thanks to janabellev2.0 for answering. 🙂

Our issue is compounded by the size of our group (11 family members).  We have four separate reservations that are linked and originally had selected Anytime dining. As I investigated making reservations, the max size was for a party of 8, and there was only one of the four main dining restaurants that showed up as an option. So given that, I shifted us all to Early dining (which would have been about our preferred dining time anyway).

Go to the maitre’d as soon as you board.  They will find a way and it’s good you’re flexible with 6/5, that will help.

Talk to the host or hostess at the dining room.  You may find it better to have 2 tables and have people rotate between the tables as serving a table for 11 could result in a long dinner.  They will serve the staters and when everyone is done they will serve the main course, same with dessert.  Plus conversation with a large table is difficult and tends to get loud as a person at one end is raising their voice so those at the other end of the table can hear.  Than can be bothersome to those seated in adjacent tables who want to have a conversation vs hearing your conversation.

• Like 1

agree  woth above post

2 tables will work better..or you may find yourselves  at a very long  table....with slow service and needing to shout . 

some in your group may want to try another venue once or twice??