Guarantee cabin assignment timing?

CeleBrat

My understanding and based on when we used to book guarantees sometimes is that it can happen anytime between right after booking and when you arrive at the pier. That isn't much help, is it? 🙂

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

My understanding and based on when we used to book guarantees sometimes is that it can happen anytime between right after booking and when you arrive at the pier. That isn't much help, is it? 🙂

100% correct. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davy jones said:

It is very frustrating when the booking engine does not even allow cabin selection.

I haven't run into that yet, but I'd find it frustrating too. If I did run into that, I'd be getting with my PCC, since she could probably get me an assigned cabin. If I didn't have a PCC or TA, then I would do the thing that none of us want to do - call in to book. Failing all of that, I simply wouldn't book a cruise. I've grown very picky about where I want to put us.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

When are guarantee cabins assigned?

many on our cruise 2 weeks ago got their assignments literally 3-4 days before the cruise. However, they paid $499 pp for a minisuite guarantee, whereas I paid a lot more for an inside cabin, so they weren't complaining too loudly. They said they saved a ton of money by booking a guarantee compared to booking an assigned cabin. 🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Well then...patience is a virtue, and I will wait.

GAH!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

Well then...patience is a virtue, and I will wait.

GAH!

You have less of a wait than we do.  My friend and I booked a mini-suite GTY and our cruise isn't until end of January 2025.  It is going to be a long summer.  SIGH

I was booked in a GTY mini-suite for May 4 on the Enchanted and we got our cabin assignment just under two weeks out from sailing. The cruise had been sold out for at least a full month before that.

Meanwhile, I was booked in a GTY deluxe balcony for my upcoming August 10 sailing on the Enchanted, we didn't ever get a deluxe balcony cabin assignment, but our bid to a mini-suite was accepted and assigned over two months out. There were still lots of cabins left on that sailing.

So it truly is just completely unpredictable.

• Like 1