Crystal Cancels November 2024 Greece cruise

chaunceyb

Just received the email today:

We thank you for choosing Crystal for their upcoming voyage. We have been closely monitoring the ongoing situation in the Red Sea and evaluating all options. Due to the uncertainties, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming voyage, Roundtrip Athens. This decision was made with careful thought and consideration, as the safety and security of our guests and crew is paramount to us.

4 minutes ago, feist said:

OMG.  I am booked on this cruise and have not received any notification!

bummer.

Contact your TA. The notices have gone to them to forward to us. Hopefully you’ll like the new itinerary. 

Thanks TER777.  My TA received a notice Crystal has cancelled my May 2025 cruise, up and down the Adriatic, and when she told me, I was “WAAAAT.  That cannot be right.”

This appears to be screwed up…

Stay tune!

6 minutes ago, feist said:

Thanks TER777.  My TA received a notice Crystal has cancelled my May 2025 cruise, up and down the Adriatic, and when she told me, I was “WAAAAT.  That cannot be right.”

This appears to be screwed up…

Stay tune!

If you look at the Crystal website, you’ll see that the cruises Athens to 5/21 Rome are all WL which is either sold out or on the way to being cancelled. See the December cruise thread. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TER777 said:

Contact your TA. The notices have gone to them to forward to us. Hopefully you’ll like the new itinerary. 

What new itinerary?

35 minutes ago, chaunceyb said:

What new itinerary?

The one the announcement said would be released within 72 hours. Have you not heard from your TA yet?

Cyrstal says cruise is NOT cancelled but they are changing ports, specificaly debark port, saying the new itinerary should be out by the end of June.

I believe this headline is wrong because I was booked on the May 4, 2025 cruise from Athens to Venice and received an email from Crystal today advising me of the cancellation.  They are reworking all the Crystal Symphony cruises in May and June of 2025 and they should publish their new crusie schedules in a week or so.  The information varies with whomever you speak to.  So, actually no one can provide any new information today since this decision was probably made today.

I wanted to protect myself so I found another cruise to take in June, 2025 from Lisbon to Plymouth, England.  It departs Lisbon on June 12, 2025.   will be happy to visit Lisbon again and then see many new ports in Portugal, Spain and France before arriving in the U.K.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

I believe this headline is wrong because I was booked on the May 4, 2025 cruise from Athens to Venice and received an email from Crystal today advising me of the cancellation.  They are reworking all the Crystal Symphony cruises in May and June of 2025 and they should publish their new crusie schedules in a week or so.  The information varies with whomever you speak to.  So, actually no one can provide any new information today since this decision was probably made today.

I wanted to protect myself so I found another cruise to take in June, 2025 from Lisbon to Plymouth, England.  It departs Lisbon on June 12, 2025.   will be happy to visit Lisbon again and then see many new ports in Portugal, Spain and France before arriving in the U.K.

David, I don't think that is quite right. The cruises from Mumbai 3/18-Rome 5/21 are being revised. May 21 and June forwards are not. I was booked on the one before May 21 and May 21 and received notice that the first leg was being replaced and the second was not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tracie,

there is so much misinformation about the rerouting of the symphony, i think we just have to wait and see what happens by the end of next week, or perhaps tomorrow.   my next symphony cruise is in november, 2024 from rome to venice so i'm still going to see some italian and grecian ports before the adriatic ports so i'm happy with this cruise.  and i'm happy with the substitute cruise too!

30 minutes ago, HAPPY CRUISEGUY said:

I am on the Venice to Athens cruise November 14-24.

Is that being revised and/or cancelled as well?

I am also on the Nov 14-24 sailing from Venice to Athens. I have not received any e mail of cancellation or change. I  hope it will not be cancelled. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HAPPY CRUISEGUY said:

I am on the Venice to Athens cruise November 14-24.

Is that being revised and/or cancelled as well?

It is not given that it is still open for bookings. 

I’m booked on 11/14-24 as well. 

Edited by TER777

15 minutes ago, TER777 said:

It is not given that it is still open for bookings. 

I’m booked on 11/14-24 as well. 

According to the Crystal website you can request a quote for 11/14-24, whereas the subsequent cruise liste waitlist only. I suspect the  11/14 cruise will run as scheduled perhaps with a return to Venice at the end!🤞

David, I too was told that the cruises on Symphony after the one ending on May 21 won't be cancelled/revised.  This information is current as it is as of yesterday.  This is not based on rumor. 

Keith

• Thanks 1

thanks for the information, keith. now there is a cruise listed from Athens to Istanbul on April 9,2025 and it stops in Alexandria and Nazareth, very close to the Red Sea and Suez canal.  I wonder why that cruise isn't cancelled or is it?  it looks like an interesting itinerary to me.

39 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

thanks for the information, keith. now there is a cruise listed from Athens to Istanbul on April 9,2025 and it stops in Alexandria and Nazareth, very close to the Red Sea and Suez canal.  I wonder why that cruise isn't cancelled or is it?  it looks like an interesting itinerary to me.

All cabins listed as waitlisted. Consider it canceled with new cruise to be announced "soon".

• Like 1

David, for that one it shows join the waitlist for all voyages so that might be an indication it will get cancelled and a revised itinerary.

I'm editing this to note when I posed then I saw Patty's post. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted this.

Keith

• Like 1