Celebrity Solstice Hot Glass Hands On Experience Costs per item to make??

yogamom

I have non-refundable OBC to use and was curious about the hot glass hands on experience.  If I book in advance, currently there is a 20% off pre-cruise discount.

Has anyone done this recently?  Does anyone know what type of items we can make, and how much the items cost?  

The 20% is a good deal. When you buy the class, you get a $200 credit toward your piece. There are plenty of things you can make that fall inside that price point. Even though you only paid $160, you still get the $200 credit.

Some other pieces are more and you pay the difference when you make them.

i know "somewhere" on this board, there have been a number of pictures of pieces people have made. There are also a fair number of pictures of the items and the price for each. You might do a few searches and see if you can find them.

When I purchased the class for our sailing a few months ago, there was a sale going on. As a Captain's Club member you get a 5% discount (but have to call to book). I was able to leverage the sale price plus the 5%. Some others have said they weren't allowed to do so, but it certainly is worth asking!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Very cool, but it needs a companion piece (sorry, the nice glass clock doesn't count).

Oh ye of such little faith!

first picture is of items we have made.....second are items we purchased at auctions when Corning was running the show and they didn't have "make it yourself"

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Very cool, but it needs a companion piece (sorry, the nice glass clock doesn't count).

P.S. the clock is something called an Atmos clock. It never needs winding as it winds itself via bellows which move based upon a change in temperatures (DH is a bit of a clock aficionado.....you do NOT want to be in my house at noon.....or maybe you DO!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Oh ye of such little faith!

first picture is of items we have made.....second are items we purchased at auctions when Corning was running the show and they didn't have "make it yourself"

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

I guess, in a way, you live in a glass house.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HeiPus said:

Sorry to be hitchhiking on this topic, but how has the hot glass show changed? 

We were on the solstice in 2011 and really enjoyed the glass show corning then did. But there isn't a show anymore? Just a class you pay a hefty price for? 

We also miss the Corning shows which were educational.  These are now different and a revenue generating program on board.  Not as interesting.

22 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

My fish

IMG_2434.jpeg

That's a very nice fish!  Do you remember how big it is when wrapped up in bubble wrap?  Trying to gage how little I will have to pack for my cruise to ensure I have room to bring this home safely.  

22 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

The 20% is a good deal. When you buy the class, you get a $200 credit toward your piece. There are plenty of things you can make that fall inside that price point. Even though you only paid $160, you still get the $200 credit.

Some other pieces are more and you pay the difference when you make them.

i know "somewhere" on this board, there have been a number of pictures of pieces people have made. There are also a fair number of pictures of the items and the price for each. You might do a few searches and see if you can find them.

When I purchased the class for our sailing a few months ago, there was a sale going on. As a Captain's Club member you get a 5% discount (but have to call to book). I was able to leverage the sale price plus the 5%. Some others have said they weren't allowed to do so, but it certainly is worth asking!

I've booked this.  Just curious how long ago you went to make that fish, and how much it cost?  I also posted an earlier question about the size

2 hours ago, yogamom said:

I've booked this.  Just curious how long ago you went to make that fish, and how much it cost?  I also posted an earlier question about the size

My fish is 10" long (lips to tail), 8" high and 5" wide (bottom fin to fin)

I made it on the Equinox in June 2023. I think I paid a tad more for it as it was above the $200 mark, but I don't remember exactly what the price was.

We live in Florida, so drive to FLL, so I can't help you with packing for air transport, but they do a pretty good job of bubble wrapping it before they give it to you. I would suggest that you carry it on the plane with you (but I would guess you've already thought of that!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HeiPus said:

Sorry to be hitchhiking on this topic, but how has the hot glass show changed? 

We were on the solstice in 2011 and really enjoyed the glass show corning then did. But there isn't a show anymore? Just a class you pay a hefty price for? 

They do offer shows, just also offer classes where you get to help make the piece yourself. I think the shows are very well done, they tell you about the process and explain what they are doing. It is fun to watch even if you don't make something. The only difference I can tell is that they don't auction off pieces make during the cruise at the end. If I remember correctly, those funds were sent to Corning and used for scholarships.

It is fun to do and a nice memento of the trip. We use OBC for the class and try to catch it on sale!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MathLady112358 said:

How & where is everybody getting 20% off? Is it a loyalty perk? I only see 5% off on mine 😔

The 20% discount is likely for specific sailings.  Here is what I see for my Apr 2025 Solstice sailing:

image.png.a4bd9b8469829b88690f02a9ae502a

The pricing has gone up quite a bit since COVID.  When we sailed on Solstice back in Dec 2019, the Hot Glass Class For Two Guests was $107 total.

BTW, the Captains Club discount itself is 5% regardless of loyalty level.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:56 PM, CaroleSS said:

P.S. the clock is something called an Atmos clock. It never needs winding as it winds itself via bellows which move based upon a change in temperatures (DH is a bit of a clock aficionado.....you do NOT want to be in my house at noon.....or maybe you DO!)

Just to be a total watch and clock geek, I saw the fish and immediately went, that’s an Atmos. Very cool clock. I still need one…

Nice fish, and other pieces!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markeb said:

Just to be a total watch and clock geek, I saw the fish and immediately went, that’s an Atmos. Very cool clock. I still need one…

Nice fish, and other pieces!

Unless they offer a 90% discount, I can't afford an Atmos.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

Do they have smaller item like Christmas Ornament? If so, I think I will try it, but I am less interested to get a large item like a vase or fish.

Yes, you can make a round or teardrop ornament.