Lunch on embarkation day

3 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

On all of my cruises (over 20 now) it's usually between 1 and 3pm. Don't know if that's changed.

HAL has had all their cabins ready for the most part by the time pax board for several years. I just could not remember how many years. 

Edited by Laminator
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

How could that be an issue?  I can't see the Catholic Priest changing beds or performing the Love Boat Julie thing with her little clipboard at the gangway.  

That's what I was alluding to, it's like they go out of their way to not heavily advertise it or promote it, even when it's supposed to be open on a collector's cruise. I'm surprised you even stumbled on it, since it never looks like anything going on at all, even the piped in music is off, possibly to hear all the announcements for embarkation?

I second this.  If you arrive at the pier after 1:00, you can usually just walk right on, within about 10-15 minutes.  

Also, that one time did go into the main dining room, there was hardly anybody there. it was me and a handful of other passengers

12 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

Also, that one time did go into the main dining room, there was hardly anybody there. it was me and a handful of other passengers

One 7 day Alaska cruise we were the only ones in the dining room for embarkation lunch and we had a nice long chat with an assistant dining room manager. This was before the pandemic. Not sure if pax were being directed to the Lido but no one else showed up.

• Like 1

Excuses is all we hear about the main dining room being closed on wmbarkation day  .so we decided to miss the crowds & arrive like 2:00  & get right on to the stateroom  . all they accpmpplished is another negative by closing the main dining room for embarkation  & shuffling every one to the Lido which becomes a zoo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

The only part of that I got was 4 star and 5 star.

PS = Pinnacle Suite

NS = Neptune Suite

CO = Club Orange

HC = Handicap / assisted

Apologies - I get so used to abbreviations I forget that everyone doesn't know them (or can read my mind, lol).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Excuses is all we hear about the main dining room being closed on wmbarkation day  .so we decided to miss the crowds & arrive like 2:00  & get right on to the stateroom  . all they accpmpplished is another negative by closing the main dining room for embarkation  & shuffling every one to the Lido which becomes a zoo 

I really don't care for the lido at all and that's exactly why. It's nothing more than a zoo. Some people stand in one place in line at the lido forever just trying to figure out what they don't want. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

I really don't care for the lido at all and that's exactly why. It's nothing more than a zoo. Some people stand in one place in line at the lido forever just trying to figure out what they don't want. 

Not having the MDR open for lunch and forcing us to having lunch at the Golden Corral Lido is just a poor experience to start out a fabulous cruise.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Not having the MDR open for lunch and forcing us to having lunch at the Golden Corral Lido is just a poor experience to start out a fabulous cruise.

I guess I need to visit a Golden Corral sometime to see what the fuss is about.  Is there a place on shore to have lunch before you board the ship?  I guess that would vary from port to port, but it works for us in San Diego. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

I guess I need to visit a Golden Corral sometime to see what the fuss is about.  Is there a place on shore to have lunch before you board the ship?  I guess that would vary from port to port, but it works for us in San Diego. 

It's worked for us before every cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 8:32 PM, terrydtx said:

I sure agree with this post.  After the hustle and bustle of getting aboard I so much enjoy having a nice cocktail and lunch in a white tablecloth venue. I am very sad this is going to be eliminated.  

• Like 5