New Promotion/Sale Combinable with Some Current Promotion--Double Dip is Still Alive!!

Email Subject Line Just Received:  "A Unique Summer Special Offer"

When ever I get something like this, I will share with everyone.  This looked interesting.  I called EJ and asked if it applied.  It works with the promotion I booked my cruise with so that is my reference in Double Dipping.  I also leveraged my American Express Platinum Card Cruise benefits which gave me $300.00 obc.  That benefit may or may not be applicable.  Again, I will let everyone know what happens.  

If this applies to you, I hope the information is helpful. 

Screen Shot Below: 

image.png.f5db0d1da8b96008a8412a72366a9128.png

I am having my Travel Agent call EJ.  My approach is to see if they will honor this for a current booking.  If not, I will cancel my booking, and re-book it since the administration fee is not lost when you do that.  I am sure at a OS-2 Level, it won't be  EUR 1,000.00 credit (Up to EUR 1000) but it would be a value or benefit.  I will let everyone know how it goes.  

"Cruise well and enjoy every moment." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I booked a Unique Summer Special Offer  off their website for June 2025.  Pretty big price savings, around 15% of the other pay in advance fare which is also a discount,   but there seemed to be limited blocks of rooms available.  Not the worst locations but not the best.  So we upgraded to a OT3 from originally planning on an OT2.  Also only 10% deposit required

UPDATE:

My travel agent just called me back.  Here is what has to happen to make this promotion work for me.  Please remember, I have a booking, with deposit for February 2025 on Explora I.  Using that as our foundation, here is the facts as I now know them.

• I have to Cancel My Original Reservation: I figured this would happen.  But I knew enough about how the rules work if I did cancel that reservation to approve this scenario with my Travel Agent. 
  • Refund of some of my Initial Deposit:  Some of my initial deposit will be credited to the credit card used.  The other amount will be held until final payment and applied to the balanced owned.  
  • New Deposit:  My Credit Card will be charged a deposit for the new booking.  Not an issue for me, I figured so much when I read the rules for this promotion. 
  • My New Stateroom:  It will be the exact same stateroom, the promotional fare I purchased will also be the same fare. 
  • Benefit:  By jumping these hoops, I will receive and On-Board-Credit of 400 euros.  I already had an On-Board-Credit of 300 euros so this will make an On-Board-Credit of a total of 700 euros.

The more expensive the stateroom, the more OBC you can receive.  They range from 400 to 1000 euros. I hope this helps other who have a booked reservation. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Thanks 2

Thank you, Sthrngary, for posting all this.  I also have a booking for (sept) 2025.  

It seems so unfortunate and non-sensical to me that they make you cancel and rebook.  You're going to do it, you're going to get the benefit, and the only thing that is different is that they have made you jump through hoops.  Seems senseless.

That being said I don't think I will cancel and will not let this ruin my trip!  I greatly appreciate your efforts posting.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Hudson Co. Landlubber said:

Thank you, Sthrngary, for posting all this.  I also have a booking for (sept) 2025.  

It seems so unfortunate and non-sensical to me that they make you cancel and rebook.  You're going to do it, you're going to get the benefit, and the only thing that is different is that they have made you jump through hoops.  Seems senseless.

That being said I don't think I will cancel and will not let this ruin my trip!  I greatly appreciate your efforts posting.

@The Hudson Co. Landlubber I cancelled, rebooked, and sent a letter explaining how this process needs to change in the future giving examples of other brands approach.  I was frustrated but not surprised.  I want to make it clear, I rebooked, same price, same stateroom, same dates.  Done and confirmed.  I also got another 400 euros for my travel agents efforts based on the promotion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I looked at our cruise in 2025 and the new pricing is more than the fare we have.  We have already insured our deposit, so cancelling and rebooking would affect the effective date as well.  Between the increased fare and the 400€ OBC it would be a wash.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, thixson said:

I just emailed Explora and they credited me with the promotion.

@thixson Good Saturday morning.  Please clarify that you had a booking, they credited you the promotion benefit without canceling and re-booking?  That information clarification is very important to those already booking on cruises that the promotion can apply.  Thank you.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

@Sthrngary  Almost a reason to NOT to sail with Explora Journeys.   Having to go through all of those hoops to make a simple refaring.  Silversea, Regent, or Seabourn do not require this non sense. 

@PaulMCO You sir are absolutely right, of course.  It is a major misstep on the part of brand that says they want to (paraphrasing)  "reshape the Luxury Segment". Yet, so many brand have horrible aspect but when you cruise on the brand, it does a good job.  I choose Explora Journey for the timing, round-trip-from-Miami, itinerary especially Key West, and to provide my sister with a Luxury type experience. 

I did jump though hoops to gain the 400 euro perk.  For me, unlike many, it is sport.  The benefits of being retired, bored and wanting to keep my mind sharp.  Cruising and all that happens over time seems to provide that benefit.  

FYI, since we met on the Crystal Board some many moons ago, I am looking at Crystal for an upcoming cruise.  Looks like the new owners, are doing a very good job.  

• Like 2