Poll for Celebrity Loyalists

Considering leaving Celebrity?  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Are you considering cruising on another line instead of Celebrity?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

LOL.  If everyone is leaving,  where are y'all going?

It won’t be a clean break.  

Playing the field while playing out our 5 upcoming X bookings.

Maybe Azamara.

Maybe Holland America.

Maybe land-based adventures.

Time will tell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Finishing out X cruises in 2025 and looking for 2026 and beyond cruises

Options being considered:

Princess Suite

Viking Ocean (Have one cruise booked)

Go back to RCCL possibly but I think we are beyond that age group

Caribbean Beach resorts

Other suggestions

Love Boat. Who can wish for anything else?the love boat cruise buy tickets online

I canceled a March 2025 TA on Eclipse and booked May 2025 TA on Virgin.  I have been hemming and hawing VV for a while so time to put up or shut up.

We like suites and there perks have done it first on Hal which was definitely the worst perks. Done suites the most on rccl which is better than Hal . Celebrity is way better than Hal and rccl on all ships, on E class they are really a step above the other two lines. On did msc yacht club once and that was far superior to celebrity, loved there ship within a ship design, love there huge lounge with live music most of the night, uncrowned both outdoor pool area plus lounge .

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Liao said:

I canceled a March 2025 TA on Eclipse and booked May 2025 TA on Virgin.  I have been hemming and hawing VV for a while so time to put up or shut up.

March is a bit early for a TA to the UK , i think it would be cool in temperature 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

March is a bit early for a TA to the UK , i think it would be cool in temperature 

Yes after doing more research that is what I thought.  Plus, I just returned from 2 weeks in England & Scotland, so there is also that.  The VV itin really intrigued me 8 consecutive sea days and with a stop in Casablanca and ending in Barcelona, where I have never been.  So will plan to spend a little time in Spain after the cruise.

4 minutes ago, Liao said:

Yes after doing more research that is what I thought.  Plus, I just returned from 2 weeks in England & Scotland, so there is also that.  The VV itin really intrigued me 8 consecutive sea days and with a stop in Casablanca and ending in Barcelona, where I have never been.  So will plan to spend a little time in Spain after the cruise.

Last April we were going the Reflection TA and about a day ahead of us was a VV ship 

It was pretty storm out , our ship took a farther south route while the VV ship got hit by the storm , furniture was all turn over the deck , and friend on it and was texting it was a pretty wild sailing 

We were wondering if RCG group has better weather forecasters in Miami giving the captain better information about changing the route

We have been on seven aqua class cruises and love celebrity. This gives us elite privileges as well. But the cost escalation has absolutely shocked us. So the last three have been Princess, usually mini suite. Princess is not as good as celebrity. But it can be half the price. And in the other direction… aqua class is often as expensive as MSC yacht club which we feel is superior to celebrity.

we still look at celebrity, but each time we end up with something else. We did not see any decline in quality in our last celebrity cruise, it’s mostly cost combined with itinerary’s we want. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

We like suites and there perks have done it first on Hal which was definitely the worst perks. Done suites the most on rccl which is better than Hal . Celebrity is way better than Hal and rccl on all ships, on E class they are really a step above the other two lines. On did msc yacht club once and that was far superior to celebrity, loved there ship within a ship design, love there huge lounge with live music most of the night, uncrowned both outdoor pool area plus lounge .

And yacht club is often comparable to aqua class in price. It’s mostly because celebrity really increased the price of aqua class which used to be our preferred choice c

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liao said:

The VV itin really intrigued me 8 consecutive sea days and with a stop in Casablanca and ending in Barcelona, where I have never been.  So will plan to spend a little time in Spain after the cruise.

Sounds nice.  Enjoy!  Friends are doing a spring 2025 TA on MSC YC followed by a week of land exploration around Portugal.  I would love to join them, but YC is already sold out sadly.😭

13 minutes ago, beltsbear said:

And yacht club is often comparable to aqua class in price. It’s mostly because celebrity really increased the price of aqua class which used to be our preferred choice c

Price of YC has definitely increased I am paying about 1k more per person than I did 5 years ago. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Where is that?

Capital Reef National Park (link to map).  It is the least famous of the five national parks in Utah (the more famous ones being Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, and Canyonlands).

The photo was taken in the Cathedral Valley area of the park.  The large feature in front of our white rental jeep in the photo in my prior post is called Temple of the Sun (how cool is that?).  The smaller feature further down the road is called Temple of the Moon.  The cliffs in the background are called Temple of the Stars.  It's pretty much a full days drive on dirt road and a shallow stream crossing or two to get there.  It's a fun and easy drive with a 4x4 with high clearance.  Here is a map that shows you where the Temple of the Sun is located: link.  

It's an awesome place to get photos of the starry sky and milky way at night (and have the Temples in the foreground).  We were not prepared for such a trip so we just did it as a nice day drive.

Here is a nice article on how to get to the Temple of the Sun and Moon: link

image.thumb.jpeg.34c4f878b5848c0635d71f8990501deb.jpeg

Temple of the Sun (right) and Temple of the Moon (left).  Capitol Reef National Park.

The park is pretty cool. It has nice trails and even natural arches.  It is said that the real Butch Cassidy's hideout was in that park.

image.thumb.jpeg.940ac269681aeddcb7050b5101857c26.jpeg

Hickman Bridge, Capitol Reef National Park

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sounds nice.  Enjoy!  Friends are doing a spring 2025 TA on MSC YC followed by a week of land exploration around Portugal.  I would love to join them, but YC is already sold out sadly.😭

I hear nothing but positives about YC.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Last April we were going the Reflection TA and about a day ahead of us was a VV ship 

It was pretty storm out , our ship took a farther south route while the VV ship got hit by the storm , furniture was all turn over the deck , and friend on it and was texting it was a pretty wild sailing 

We were wondering if RCG group has better weather forecasters in Miami giving the captain better information about changing the route

I think I saw a video on YT about this. I hope my cruise has a different captain!

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I may not sail Celebrity going forward, but I'll still hang around on this Celebrity CC forum. Posters here are entertaining in many different ways.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My cruise mix shifted a little over four years ago when I transitioned to Azamara and then also Regent after I could no longer accept the continued RoyalCaribbeanization of Celebrity. My previous Celebrity cruise was 2.5 years ago. The death by 1,000 cuts and the surreal costs to eat up all those pandemic FFCs made the other lines a better value.

I found I also like the smaller ships that dock closer in and call on some other ports. It's just a different feel which I enjoy more than the bigger ships. The port intensive itineraries are more interesting to me too.

I booked three Regent cruises then at lower PP/PN costs for similar size suites but with a lot of extras included such as all the specialty restaurants, premium liquor ltr bottles in the suite, excursions in every port, pre-cruise night in a hotel, air, internet, daily laundry, gratuities plus more. I waited for the two suite upgrade promotions.

Additionally I like the 14-18 day cruise lengths but celebrity shortened most of theirs to seven to twelve day to generate higher profits.

We have three upcoming Azamara and one Regent cruise with nothing booked on Celebrity.  I might try RCG's Silversea but I'm hearing gripes on their board they may have started the RoyalCaribbeanization of that line since acquiring it a few years ago.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

Celebraty fans here.

Tried Sky Princess a few months ago. Hated it.

Two more cruises on Apex and Beyond this year and sooo excited.

Queen Anne later but still feel to young for it.

The quality is still there with Celebrity but you’ve got to be lucky to get a good price nowadays but you do get what you pay for.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2024 at 8:06 PM, wrk2cruise said:

39 days on Windstar motor yachts so far this year and 14 more before the end of the year.  First venture away from Celebrity since 2004.  But we leave for 23 days on Apex tomorrow and have an Eclipse sailing in Oct.   So like others they are forcing me to look elsewhere as well.

How does Windstar compare to Celebrity (food, vibe, service)?  What itineraries on WS did you do?  Considering them for next year.  We used to sail Celebrity/Azamara but have done 2 Holland America cruises recently.  

On 6/26/2024 at 4:41 PM, Texed said:

We tried most other lines already. Princess, Holland America, Oceania, Azamara, Regent, etc. We pretty well stick with Celebrity now.  But, we are open to try a few more. 

If you don't mind me asking.....Which Oceania ship and what did you think of the experience?

13 hours ago, RichYak said:

I may not sail Celebrity going forward, but I'll still hang around on this Celebrity CC forum. Posters here are entertaining in many different ways.

You must be addicted to the griping....LOL.

• Haha 2