Brilliance transatlantic canceled for April 2025

9 hours ago, nearlytheir said:

It is not just the TA that has been called - our cruise from Southampton to Barcelona on 13th May has also been cancelled, along with the 21st May sailing.  

We tied the 13th May cruise in with 7 nights around the Med on Allure so we are now reviewing our options for that cruise.  We booked both cruises using a 'book later' program and Royal will charge us £150 to make any changes to our Allure cruise 🤔

What a pain.  Hoping they’ll wave that fee for you.  

13 hours ago, vjmatty said:

So it’s only a 6 day difference, and to Barcelona instead of Portsmouth? When this happened in the reverse direction on the Star Princess for fall of 2025, no one was automatically canceled. It was a choice. Can’t bookings just be left in place for those who still want to be on the new sailing?

Only? 

So she now leaves 5 days earlier; 

the cruise duration has been cut;

she is missing out the 3 best ports and going to the same old same old Spanish ports;

she ends in a different country….

and for that RCI are offering $100 per room ( not even pp) OBC 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Only? 

So she now leaves 5 days earlier; 

the cruise duration has been cut;

she is missing out the 3 best ports and going to the same old same old Spanish ports;

she ends in a different country….

and for that RCI are offering $100 per room ( not even pp) OBC 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I didn’t mean “only” in the sense of whether the compensation is adequate. I meant only as in, why cancel and make people start from square one, scrambling to book the new sailing and try to maintain the same cabin. The change doesn’t seem big enough to warrant that instead of letting people choose. When the Star Princess sailing was changed, not only did the bookings remain but there was a significant price drop due to shorter number of days and fewer ports, as well as changing embarking location from Southampton to Barcelona. No OBC however. I just don’t understand why RC has to scrap the whole thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I didn’t mean “only” in the sense of whether the compensation is adequate. I meant only as in, why cancel and make people start from square one, scrambling to book the new sailing and try to maintain the same cabin. The change doesn’t seem big enough to warrant that instead of letting people choose. When the Star Princess sailing was changed, not only did the bookings remain but there was a significant price drop due to shorter number of days and fewer ports, as well as changing embarking location from Southampton to Barcelona. No OBC however. I just don’t understand why RC has to scrap the whole thing.

Yes the option was to rebook one of 3 itineraries. Unfortunately the only decent one, which goes to Bermuda and actually ends in the right country wasn’t one of the options! 

My deposit refund was asked for on Thursday and was refunded by Saturday. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

$100 compensation for all the hours I spent trying to figure out a new option for April was paltry.  I searched just about every line, going everywhere.  Since it’s not far out, prices to book something else were often outrageous. 

Brilliance should have changed to leave earlier, ended in the right country and then deadheaded to Spain.  They would have had a lot more takers I think.  Obviously we don’t know their thinking but it makes more sense to the cruiser. 

We stuck with her and then will pick up Allure from Barcelona. But it sure wasn’t what we had planned or hoped for. And if Royal had just gotten into Barcelona a day earlier we wouldn’t have to spend a week in a hotel waiting for Allure. 

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes the option was to rebook one of 3 itineraries. Unfortunately the only decent one, which goes to Bermuda and actually ends in the right country wasn’t one of the options! 

My deposit refund was asked for on Thursday and was refunded by Saturday. 

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We stuck with her and then will pick up Allure from Barcelona. But it sure wasn’t what we had planned or hoped for. And if Royal had just gotten into Barcelona a day earlier we wouldn’t have to spend a week in a hotel waiting for Allure. 

Hopefully Allure's AMP is finished in time.  🤞

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:33 AM, nearlytheir said:

It is not just the TA that has been called - our cruise from Southampton to Barcelona on 13th May has also been cancelled, along with the 21st May sailing.  

So does this mean the drydock is being extended? Hopefully that means some additional updates.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:26 AM, JuliaMS said:

Just got an email that out transatlantic was canceled so they could go to drydock early. They offered us 3 other transatlantic cruises at today’s fare that end in Spain instead of Southampton and $200 OBC. 

Has anyone had any luck getting the initial offer increased? We booked a year ago so rates are double. Out trip is planned around arriving in England then visiting England and Ireland. 

RIGHT?? Whoopsie Royal, some ALREADY booked flights and hotels!! Seriously done, and yes we booked Celebrity Apex instead!!