? About ppl reserving deck chairs and Obsv Lounge seats

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Previous poster wasn’t sure if 15 minutes or 1 hour was the appropriate time to wait before acting.

I was pointing out there is no wait time involved.

What we CAN do is use a self-help solution - use the chair.

You can point it out, but it doesn't matter either way. Again, neither the previous poster, you, and/or I are policy enforcement, nor can we self-appoint. It is NCL's policy to interpret and enforce as they see fit. We have to learn to resist the urge to karen.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

You can point it out, but it doesn't matter either way. Again, neither the previous poster, you, and/or I are policy enforcement, nor can we self-appoint. It is NCL's policy to interpret and enforce as they see fit. We have to learn to resist the urge to karen.

What part of “may not be reserved” needs interpretation??

It’s very obvious what that means, Captain! 🏴‍☠️
Be a little open-minded, as your note at the bottom of your postings suggests.

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, hallux said:

and yet, if I decide I want to go in the pool for more than 15 minutes at a clip this is exactly where some want me to put my stuff myself so I'm not 'hogging' a chair!

Got to decide….do you want to hang out in the (way over crowded) pool…or, do the whole  hanging on the lounger?

If you want to be in the pool for a bit, let someone else who is into hanging out on a lounger have it!

Or, hang out in the lounger for a bit, and then hang out in the pool.  You can’t be in the same place at the same time 

It really is that simple!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

To repeat:

NCL Guest Conduct Policy

DISCOURTEOUS OR DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR
Pool, deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. Topless sunbathing is not permitted. Boom boxes or loud radios are not permitted. Roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles, and similar items may not be utilized on-board; except for mobility aids related to special needs, as approved by the ship’s management

Please define “reserved”

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

What part of “may not be reserved” needs interpretation??

It’s very obvious what that means, Captain! 🏴‍☠️
Be a little open-minded, as your note at the bottom of your postings suggests.

Maybe none, or maybe all, but it isn't up to us to interpret...that falls 100% to NCL. You are not the policy enforcement department.

Cute attempt at humor, but did you think my username says "Captain"? 

I am open-minded as I am considering the opinions of others. Doesn't mean I have to accept and follow them though ( I think THAT should be obvious ). As noted, nobody here is the chair police. Resist the urge to be controlling of others...it isn't your policy to enforce.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Maybe none, or maybe all, but it isn't up to us to interpret...that falls 100% to NCL. You are not the policy enforcement department.

I am open-minded as I am considering the opinions of others. Doesn't mean I have to accept and follow them though ( I think THAT should be obvious ). As noted, nobody here is the chair police. Resist the urge to be controlling of others...it isn't your policy to enforce.

Edited by tony s
Wrong place

10 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Too bad. Otherwise I'd be hogging a chair all day to enjoy the show.

LOL.

Hmm. What does this mean? "Topless sunbathing is not permitted." How should we interpret it? Literally? --no topless sunbathing regardless of gender? Maybe NCL should then start handing out the t-shirts collected from the chair hogs' empty chairs, to all the shirtless guys and get them to cover up.

Hmmm, stop being so silly, they are obviously only referring to women exposing their breasts! Well, if that's the case, shouldn't the policy read "Female Topless sunbathing is not permitted"?But then that could be considered sexist and discriminatory, and NCL wants to stay away from that.

And what about bottomless sunbathing? If topless sunbathing is not permitted and they make no mention about bottomless sunbathing, then I guess bottomless sunbathing should be allowed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Calicoskies1234 said:

After reading this thread, I’ve decided I don’t want to be anywhere near the deck with the pool, pool chairs or any of the people up there. 

Don't let the people in this thread scare you off. Most of them probably don't even hang out by the pool. Some people are being ridiculous claiming that it is okay to move some ones things after 10 minutes. If I am sitting by the pool and decide to take a dip no one should touch my things. I can not believe this discussion has gone on for ten pages! 

Posted (edited)

(sigh)

Stroll around the pool at somewhere around 8-ish a.m.  Few people around it or using the loungers.  But, towels, books, shoes, etc are on just about every lounger.  

Grab breakfast at Garden Cafe.  Walk around the pool again…same loungers are empty with the same towels, books, shoes “saving” them but still unoccupied by a person.  Have seen it that way for hours.

Going to the restroom for a few minutes  WOULD NOT violate NCL’s 15 minute policy. 

You leave your “stuff” unattended for longer than policy allows, it should indeed be removed.  It’s posted on the big video screen where everyone can see it overlooking the pool.  Posted a pic of it earlier in this thread.

Again, this is easy stuff!

Checking out as this is getting to the point of being…well…I’m just checking out!

Don’t be a CHOG!  That’s the message here!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Stroll around the pool at somewhere around 8-ish a.m.  Few people around it or using the loungers.  But, towels, books, shoes, etc are on just about every lounger.  

Grab breakfast at Garden Cafe.  Walk around the pool again…same loungers are empty with the same towels, books, shoes “saving” them but still unoccupied by a person.  Have seen it that way for hours.

(sigh)

So maybe a change in your monitoring routine would help you worry less? There has got to be something better to do on vacation than monitoring lounge chairs.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Don't let the people in this thread scare you off. Most of them probably don't even hang out by the pool. Some people are being ridiculous claiming that it is okay to move some ones things after 10 minutes. If I am sitting by the pool and decide to take a dip no one should touch my things. I can not believe this discussion has gone on for ten pages! 

People are confusing “reserving” with “unattended”.

Reserving is easy - you can’t do it.

Unattended is a lot more complex issue and will never be resolved on the CC boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SeaShark said:

(sigh)

So maybe a change in your monitoring routine would help you worry less? There has got to be something better to do on vacation than monitoring lounge chairs.

I hardly monitor chairs and have seen the exact same thing. If you happen to walk past around breakfast and see a lot of chairs with stuff but no people on them, do you not notice?

• Like 1

I guess the question is, are there people who want chairs and can't have them because they're been claimed by long-absent people?

If so, then it ought to be addressed and we're just debating how fast the response should be. I don't think it actually matters if it's 5 minutes or 45 minutes so long as they're actually consistently enforcing it.  That's easier said than done, but so are many things worth doing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I hardly monitor chairs and have seen the exact same thing. If you happen to walk past around breakfast and see a lot of chairs with stuff but no people on them, do you not notice?

No, not really. Much better things to look at than lounge chairs.

sr.jpg.cc74b469c2b65fc552bade1aad345a67.jpg

You miss so much when you chair monitor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Must be difficult to find your way around the ship and not bump into things with your head at a 90 degree angle.

Might be if your vision is either straight ahead or 90 degrees to the side. I don't have to worry about that, nor do I have to worry about chair monitoring. Maybe if you just let go of the desire to karen and just enjoy yourself.

...Now realizing that being a self-appointed monitor just may be your source of enjoyment. Different strokes. 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, Capitan Obvious said:

I've seen you use this line before, Capitan, as many just gloss over user names.  Something specific that you're trying to draw attention to?  

BTW, love your screen pic!

7 hours ago, cruiser1961 said:

I've seen you use this line before, Capitan, as many just gloss over user names.  Something specific that you're trying to draw attention to?  

BTW, love your screen pic!

Nothing more than a) some people are just so eager to play "gotcha" that they don't even read and understand what they are commenting on, and b) none of them are big enough to admit/own their error.

The funny thing is that there is another CC user with the name "Captain Obvious". I recall one poster who was upset that they put me on their ignore list, but they could still see my posts. When I pointed out that my user name isn't "Captain Obvious" they just doubled down and accused me of hacking CC to mess with their ignore list. {shakes head}

Thanks...I thought it was appropriate!