Just made Platinum status

22 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

I just made Platinum status on Princess. 
Where are the Platinum and Elite lounges on Sapphire Princess?

So basically, just a party.   I thought it was an actual "lounge" of some sort. I seldom make it to snack events like this. Platinum status doesn't mean much to me then because I would not be using the net, spa, or photo discounts.

So what does "Early access to dining reservations" actually mean?

15 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

So what does "Early access to dining reservations" actually mean?

Platinum and Elite are supposed to be able to make their dining reservations on the App once they have booked their cruise.  People that aren't Platinum or Elite can book after final payment (but many have reported being able to book early anyway).  

Princess - consistently inconsistent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

So basically, just a party.   I thought it was an actual "lounge" of some sort. 

I'm not sure what an actual lounge is, but on my last two cruises, the PES lounge was held in Vista Lounge and they had an entertainer on the stage singing.  It completely changed the old atmosphere where people would mingle and talk at the PES.  The last time, the singer was so bad, we went once and never went back,  (This was Majestic.)

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Platinum and Elite are supposed to be able to make their dining reservations on the App once they have booked their cruise.  People that aren't Platinum or Elite can book after final payment (but many have reported being able to book early anyway).  

Princess - consistently inconsistent.

That is what I thought. 

35 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I'm not sure what an actual lounge is, but on my last two cruises, the PES lounge was held in Vista Lounge and they had an entertainer on the stage singing.  It completely changed the old atmosphere where people would mingle and talk at the PES.  The last time, the singer was so bad, we went once and never went back,  (This was Majestic.)

We have always had different entertainment each night.  Atleast we have never seen a repeat.  We do not go every night.

We've been Platinum for a long time, with very little incentive to become elite. Our last PES was on Ruby, held in Skywalkers.  We ordered our usual cocktails (from the Plus pkg), and enjoyed the hor dourves and views.  There was no entertainment, and very little mixing. Any given bar (Crooners, Explorers, etc) would have been more fun...

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

We have always had different entertainment each night.  Atleast we have never seen a repeat.  We do not go every night.

We were told by others that the same bad singer was there every night.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, Tinknock50 said:

I just made Platinum status on Princess. 
Where are the Platinum and Elite lounges on Sapphire Princess?

Nice job on platinum status.

you should get a card in your state room with all the information of location, time, and the menu for the week. If you don’t -ask your cabin attendant for that piece of information.The only night that it is not held is when the captain circle party is happening.  Sometimes it’s held in skywalkers and the hours vary ship to ship, but you may want to check and see if anybody’s got a live from the Sapphire or a review of the Sapphire ,maybe they’ll mention the venue or hours. If you don’t have a drink package and you drink alcohol, I believe there might be certain drinks that you can get for cheaper as a special at the platinum, elite, and suite  lounge, Also some nice ( my opinion) appetizers which are complimentary.

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Nice job on platinum status.

you should get a card in your state room with all the information of location, time, and the menu for the week. If you don’t -ask your cabin attendant for that piece of information.The only night that it is not held is when the captain circle party is happening.  Sometimes it’s held in skywalkers and the hours vary ship to ship, but you may want to check and see if anybody’s got a live from the Sapphire or a review of the Sapphire ,maybe they’ll mention the venue or hours. If you don’t have a drink package and you drink alcohol, I believe there might be certain drinks that you can get for cheaper as a special at the platinum, elite, and suite  lounge, Also some nice ( my opinion) appetizers which are complimentary.

Although we get the slip telling us the location and time, we haven't seen them list the menu any more post-covid.....

27 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Although we get the slip telling us the location and time, we haven't seen them list the menu any more post-covid.....

It was never the full menu just the featured snack. Shrimp fountain, Stilton round , salsa etc. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, memoak said:

You made a dinner out of snacks ?  

Maybe I’ve just been lucky that the Sapphire and Emerald this past September and December had such great food in the PES. I’ve also had great luck on the Ruby, Diamond, & Discovery in the last year.  Sushi night fills me up, There are these succulent drumettes that aren’t fried and the meat is so tasty and tender.  Of course round it out with veggies and that’s all I need. There were a few less than nights but many more nights were really good. 

I realized a while ago that cruising is a lifestyle and not a vacation as I spent so many days every year on board. I’ve transitioned to eating small meals…..probably smaller than most would be happy with.  And PES is like Club Class in that you can come whenever during opening hours and get food and be seated. No fuss no muss. lol. 

But I’m sure the whole PES situation depends on who is the Executive Chef and DORO. So any past or even current experience will not predict any future experience.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kay S said:

By lounge I mean a dedicated space , a specific room where you can go anytime. Like RCL had a Diamond Club carved out of the observation room.  Been years, but they may still have that.

I think I walked past a Concierge Lounge when I was on the Discovery last week. It had been years since I was on Princess, so I have questions like this.

Edited by Tinknock50

6 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

By lounge I mean a dedicated space , a specific room where you can go anytime. Like RCL had a Diamond Club carved out of the observation room.  Been years, but they may still have that.

I think I walked past a Concierge Lounge when I was on the Discovery last week. It had been years since I was on Princess, so I have questions like this.

The Diamond Lounge is now called the Crown Lounge. Always open. The CAS still does the CAS HH in the CL. Fleetwide. We'd like to see Celebrity and Princess have a dedicated lounge. CAS HH drinks are now all day at most bars. Diamonds get 4 drinks a day. Diamond Plus get 5 drinks a day. Pinnacles get 6 drinks a day.  The CAS did away with unlimited CAS HH drinks in the evening when in the CL. You have to use your allocated drinks in the CL or pay for any drinks over your allocated amount. The CAS did away with the CAS beverage menu and you now order drinks from the regular bar beverage menus. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Maybe I’ve just been lucky that the Sapphire and Emerald this past September and December had such great food in the PES. I’ve also had great luck on the Ruby, Diamond, & Discovery in the last year.  Sushi night fills me up, There are these succulent drumettes that aren’t fried and the meat is so tasty and tender.  Of course round it out with veggies and that’s all I need. There were a few less than nights but many more nights were really good. 

I realized a while ago that cruising is a lifestyle and not a vacation as I spent so many days every year on board. I’ve transitioned to eating small meals…..probably smaller than most would be happy with.  And PES is like Club Class in that you can come whenever during opening hours and get food and be seated. No fuss no muss. lol. 

But I’m sure the whole PES situation depends on who is the Executive Chef and DORO. So any past or even current experience will not predict any future experience.  

I have 2 issues with the PES. One is that it is too early we don’t eat dinner before 7:30 even at home. Two is that the serve yourself style leads to people picking up things with their hands like they do in the buffet. Always try to avoid those things