Issues With Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee

tdnosnhoj11

On 6/27/2024 at 1:24 PM, aborgman said:

Did it? My January 2019 cruise they were still servicing rooms 2x per day.

No bacon every day is a post COVID decline in service.

Charge for room service is a post COVID decline in service.

Pizza not being 24 hours is a post COVID decline in service.

All lines have had a decrease in service post Covid 

On 6/26/2024 at 9:13 PM, tdnosnhoj11 said:

I’m sorry, but, if that’s the case, how can this “guarantee” exist?

This thread has taken a wild turn off course..so maybe we can get it back on track?

I had the exact same experience to you, OP, in that i found two exact same tours privately for less. Carnival even used the exact same photos as the private tour operator had on their website. I had already booked through Carnival and submitted the form only to be outright denied because they claimed that the private tour wouldn't pick me up at the port. These excursions were in Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Carnival won't budge on their claim that "all" advertised details must match despite the actual tours offered being exactly the same. I suspect, as others have commented on these boards over time, that Carnival uses this system to ensure that their private tour operators aren't offering the "same" product or to catch the operators in some sort of breach of contract.

Edited by notscb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, notscb said:

This thread has taken a wild turn off course..so maybe we can get it back on track?

I had the exact same experience to you, OP, in that i found two exact same tours privately for less. Carnival even used the exact same photos as the private tour operator had on their website. I had already booked through Carnival and submitted the form only to be outright denied because they claimed that the private tour wouldn't pick me up at the port. These excursions were in Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Carnival won't budge on their claim that "all" advertised details must match despite the actual tours offered being exactly the same. I suspect, as others have commented on these boards over time, that Carnival uses this system to ensure that their private tour operators aren't offering the "same" product or to catch the operators in some sort of breach of contract.

See my previous posts where I had checked with the private vendor who said they would pick up at a cruise ship as well as at hotels. Did you try to get that information from the private vendor?

On 6/28/2024 at 8:35 AM, kdr69 said:

Now this makes perfect sense to me for why you want to move away.  However the only line that doesn't cater to kids in some way shape or form is Virgin (unless your thinking about WIndstar or Seabourne or even Viking Cruise lines) but again the average crowd is a lot younger. Not to say you wouldn't like it. Viking has some great sailings and ships you might like?

Although accurate, the amount of kids onboard a ship tends to have a direct relationship to how many pool slides there are onboard - and proportionately opposite to the number of days the cruise exceeds 7 days.  So a cruise for 10 days or more on a ship with no slides likely has very few kids.

4 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Although accurate, the amount of kids onboard a ship tends to have a direct relationship to how many pool slides there are onboard - and proportionately opposite to the number of days the cruise exceeds 7 days.  So a cruise for 10 days or more on a ship with no slides likely has very few kids.

I would agree that with more expensive cruise lines, there tends to be smaller ships and they tend to have less kids cruising on these lines.  That said there are no absolutes.  The number of cruise lines that cater to long cruises and small er ships is few, but not exclusive.

On 7/1/2024 at 10:37 AM, ontheweb said:

Did you try to get that information from the private vendor?

Yeah i did see that in your post and think it's a great technique, especially before filling out the form or getting in touch with carnival. Unfortunately, Carnival wasn't willing to budge one bit in my situation.

3 hours ago, notscb said:

Yeah i did see that in your post and think it's a great technique, especially before filling out the form or getting in touch with carnival. Unfortunately, Carnival wasn't willing to budge one bit in my situation.

Unfortunate, really if their criteria includes being taken to the site of the excursion, they would seem to pretty much always have a reason to deny. I wonder how they would get around what now what I did getting proof that we would have been picked up by the private excursion vendor.

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Unfortunate, really if their criteria includes being taken to the site of the excursion, they would seem to pretty much always have a reason to deny. I wonder how they would get around what now what I did getting proof that we would have been picked up by the private excursion vendor.

include a bottle of water