Equinox Live - 7/11 Barcelona to Rome

KasioSails

Welcome

My family and I are 1 week out from starting our European adventure and I am starting my live updates. I did this last year on a Mexican Riviera cruise and it was very fun so I thought I would again. 

For context I have been reading cruise critic off and on for over 20 years (typically in the mths leading up to a trip) and it has always been a great area to learn about the latest trends, changes and new things in the cruise world. I have also always enjoyed people’s reviews and live updates hence the desire to publish my own. I also enjoyed last year how it made me stop and reflect each day so I treasure that. 

This trip will be a 9 night trip (our longest ever) sailing from Barcelona to Rome on the Equinox in a RS to celebrate our 20th anniversary and this will be our boys (elem & HS) first trip to Europe. We are flying in a few days early to see Barcelona and hopefully make things go smoother. At one week out we are in the sort of panic stage of packing and making sure we don’t forget anything. This is not only our longest ever trip, but high in travel logistics so it feels more stressful in this phase. I know things will be ok and I’ll love every moment but that’s in a weeks time. 

Thank you for reading along, if you have any questions please let me know and I will try to find out. Updates will be few this week until we fly out next weekend then I’ll try like 1-2 a day. 

Happy Sailing 🚢

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone 

Excited to see others headed out for the same or similar itinerary. I know I always love reading similar trips in the time leading up to our trips so I’m glad if people enjoy ours. 
Our itinerary in order is:

Barcelona 

Florence/Pisa overnight

Santa Margherita 

Nice

Marseille

Amalfi Coast

Rome

We do have ship sponsored excursions booked in every port as we had a ton of on board credit (booked before the stopped that for suites - what a bummer) so we only paid a tiny bit for the last one. They are mostly smaller 4-5 hour trips centered around food or city tours with 2 longer all day trips as well. We are also passing through Iceland each way as well. 

• Like 1

Hello again

Just checking in - we are nearly completely packed just a few more last minute items. Thank you for the advice to prebook everything you can to avoid the VAT charges. I think for us the only purchases will be some souvenirs for the boys possibly but good advice for all. 

Some additional information about us - this will be our second celebrity cruise after years of Royal Caribbean. We previously sailed the Solstice out of LA and really enjoyed the experience. My boys both found the pacing, crowds and for my older son food, on celebrity just right and can’t wait to return. 

• Like 1