£22 Iona Sindhu menu

mrsgoggins

I am posting this menu at the request of @TigerB - well, the prices specifically, but what is included for the £22 menu will probably be of interest to others; hence a separate thread.

Essentially it is any 3 courses you choose BUT there is a £3 supplement for either the lobster or the Signature plate.

We have eaten in Sindu on Ventura a few times and not been impressed but we were with last night's meals, the venue and the ambience. So a thumbs up for Iona 👍

PXL_20240701_160450330.thumb.jpg.075bf9a80565b82aefdf07058489b656.jpg

And the desserts:

PXL_20240701_160506173.thumb.jpg.b557a9feea4ada3ed815b8a56d7208af.jpg

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

what is included for the £22 menu,,,

Essentially it is any 3 courses you choose BUT there is a £3 supplement for either the lobster or the Signature plate.

My prediction is that the individual pricing of items will eventually disappear after this trial, as it would make it more profitable if they were certain to sell three courses to each diner - and it isn't as if there isn't precedent as Epicurean is a fixed price for the whole meal.

As for the menu, I see it hasn't changed from the 'roast meat that has seen some spices' approach that unfortunately they went down a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I am posting this menu at the request of @TigerB - well, the prices specifically, but what is included for the £22 menu will probably be of interest to others; hence a separate thread.

We have eaten in Sindu on Ventura a few times and not been impressed but we were with last night's meals, the venue and the ambience. So a thumbs up for Iona 👍

PXL_20240701_160450330.thumb.jpg.075bf9a80565b82aefdf07058489b656.jpg

And the desserts:

PXL_20240701_160506173.thumb.jpg.b557a9feea4ada3ed815b8a56d7208af.jpg

Thanks for that mrsgoggins, we will be trying Sindhu on Iona even though I have not been impressed the last two times on Ventura and Arcadia.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thanks for that mrsgoggins, we will be trying Sindhu on Iona even though I have not been impressed the last two times on Ventura and Arcadia.

I was not impressed with our last 2 visits to Sindhu on Iona, most dishes seem far to dry for my taste and, although I am sure TV  cooks would probably drool about the exotic flavours, I found them a bit too bland. I don't like over hot dishes, but I do prefer some sort of spicy flavour.

• Like 2

It is very hard to please everyone with regards to food from differing country. Some like it spicy, some dont, some like it dry others dont. All I can say we have been in Sindhu on all the ships and have never had a bad meal even as recent as Arvia in April going back to Azura Maiden when Atul Kochhar was involved. I will admit IMO the food was far better when Atul Kochhar was involved and seemed to go down a step when he left but have still enjoyed all my meals in Sindhu and had no complaints.

• Like 2

We were seriously underwhelmed by Sindhu on Britannia some years ago but last year on Arcadia we went there twice & loved the food,service & we had tables with nice window views.

IMO it is hard to beat P&O speciality restaurants for value,on Arcadia we ate at the Ocean Grill 3 times,all of which were superb,when you consider that OG cost around £30,Sindhu not much different,we have just returned from a cruise with Royal Caribbean where the specialty restaurants start around £100 a time & IME were not as good as our experience on Arcadia.

• Like 3

Thank you so much, @mrsgoggins👍🏻

Looking at the prices, individual dishes have gone up about 20%, some less and some more. So, it would make sense for many people to pay £22 for three dishes.  I'm still disappointed that the options aren't main+main+main!😉🐷🐯

We'll probably partake of three courses; well, I will as our lass is not so keen on the dessert choices in there. Mind you, I could have her dessert; they don't call me Two Pud Tiger for nowt!🤭

I was rather hoping that, along with the price increases, they would have refreshed the menu. Iona and Arvia only have the one menu for a two-week cruise, and the one they have now is about two years old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 9265359 said:

My prediction is that the individual pricing of items will eventually disappear after this trial, as it would make it more profitable if they were certain to sell three courses to each diner - and it isn't as if there isn't precedent as Epicurean is a fixed price for the whole meal.

As for the menu, I see it hasn't changed from the 'roast meat that has seen some spices' approach that unfortunately they went down a few years ago.

I recall, back in 2018 when we were on Britannia, none of the dishes were priced separately; we paid £18 for three courses and coffee, with small supplements for premium dishes.  The introduction of the 'three courses for £22' is harking back to those days a bit.

Increased profit margins would be as a result of those diners that forego dessert because they are too full. I've frequently seen that happen in Beach House and Epicurean. Paying for summat and not taking it? Not on my watch! #Yorkshire! 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

Paying for summat and not taking it? Not on my watch! #Yorkshire! 

I would really like TWO laughter emojis for your posts!

PS I didn't ask if coffee is included now and we didn't stay after eating. It is in Epicurean but not in the Beach House, where you pay for Costa coffee I believe.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

PS I didn't ask if coffee is included now and we didn't stay after eating. It is in Epicurean but not in the Beach House, where you pay for Costa coffee I believe.

When we sailed on Arvia for the first time, in January 2023, that was one of the things we were disappointed with: no more included coffee in Sindhu and Beach House.  When I queried it that first time, the reason given was that it comes from Costa; I took that answer to mean that it was no longer free because it is now a premium product.  That reason is now redundant though, as you can now get a Costa brewed coffee included in the MDR, albeit in a standard cup.

• Like 1

We ate in Sindhu on Arvia on 20th June (ie less than 2 weeks ago) and my husband had the signature dish at £15. I assume the price increase must be for the current cruise starting on 23rd. Does anyone know if the other speciality restaurants have also increased their prices? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We had hot chocolate in Sindhu and Epicurean on Iona in April and Arvia in June.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fraann said:

We ate in Sindhu on Arvia on 20th June (ie less than 2 weeks ago) and my husband had the signature dish at £15. I assume the price increase must be for the current cruise starting on 23rd. Does anyone know if the other speciality restaurants have also increased their prices? 

Beach House was £9.50 onboard and £7.60 pre-booked.  It is now £11.50 and £9.20, so an increase of just over 21%

Epicurean was £30 onboard and £24 pre-booked.  It is now £35 and £28, so an increase of just under 16.67%

The biggest increase is for the Norwegian Taster menu, which was the same price as the regular Epicurean menu. It is now £40 onboard and £32 pre-booked.  That is a whopping increase of over 33%

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TigerB said:

Beach House was £9.50 onboard and £7.60 pre-booked.  It is now £11.50 and £9.20, so an increase of just over 21%

Epicurean was £30 onboard and £24 pre-booked.  It is now £35 and £28, so an increase of just under 16.67%

The biggest increase is for the Norwegian Taster menu, which was the same price as the regular Epicurean menu. It is now £40 onboard and £32 pre-booked.  That is a whopping increase of over 33%

Still cheap compared to our recent experience with RCI where speciality restaurants started at $54pp & then they add 18% on to your bill for tips!

3 hours ago, snaefell said:

Still cheap compared to our recent experience with RCI where speciality restaurants started at $54pp & then they add 18% on to your bill for tips!

We have purchased the 3 meal package on Anthem .£106 each, including gratuity.

• Like 1