Wifi needed for QR menus?

1 minute ago, travelloverontario said:

Title says it all. I have read that most menus are now QR codes (at least for bars). Will I need wifi to be able to bring those up? Or will be under the intranet?

I will not be buying wifi.

Thanks.

I have gotten printed menus at all food venues since restart no need to look at a menu on your phone. You can see menus every morning on your TV as well

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Title says it all. I have read that most menus are now QR codes (at least for bars). Will I need wifi to be able to bring those up? Or will be under the intranet?

I will not be buying wifi.

Thanks.

to actually answer your question ... it will be on the ships inTRAnet ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In words my DW understands.  You can access the Princess App without a paid WIFI plan.  Otherwebsites, no.

You also should be able to access menus that will be mostly accurate just before your cruise and print them out at home.

• Like 2

I have still never seen a QR. ode on ships ever. We have cruised over 8 times on Princess in the last 2 years and have always been handed a menu. The menus are also posted on your TV and outside the venue if handling paper menus bothers you

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have still never seen a QR. ode on ships ever. 

They are still on many buffet tables and bars since Corona.

And yes of course, you can still have a printed menu as before.

Nothing changed.

19 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

They are still on many buffet tables and bars since Corona.

And yes of course, you can still have a printed menu as before.

Nothing changed.

I have not seen any since 2022 or 2021. There was a brief time during the pandemic when restaurants re opened but I haven’t seen any since then

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Rarely saw a printed menu at a bar or lounge on Sapphire. QR code signs were on bars. Easy to access, you need to be connected to the ship's wifi to access the intranet, no paid wifi needed. 

What year was that ?  Every wheelhouse bar I have been on the last 2 years has a  printed menu. I have never seen a QR code on any table 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have not seen any since 2022 or 2021. There was a brief time during the pandemic when restaurants re opened but I haven’t seen any since then

The QR stickers were still there. On my last 3 sailings. On every ship. Believe it or not.

9 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I've been on enchanted since Saturday and haven't seen a qr code anywhere I've been.

Look closely.  The ones I saw on Regal were pretty grungy looking and blended in with the table top.

Posted (edited)

I’m probably oblivious but I can’t recall seeing QR codes anywhere. Only paper menus in the MDR and bound drink menus in the bars. But we only started sailing Princess in March 2023. 

Edited by BamaVol

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Haven't seen a table in the dancing area in Crooners, no. 

Then you don’t go there late night. People dance next to tables in front of tables under tables etc.  I also have never needed a menu to order a drink. It would be pretty hard to use QR codes in food venues with tablecloths. I have always had paper menus in both bars and restaurants on board over the last 2 years

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

Then you don’t go there late night. People dance next to tables in front of tables under tables etc.  I also have never needed a menu to order a drink. It would be pretty hard to use QR codes in food venues with tablecloths. I have always had paper menus in both bars and restaurants on board over the last 2 years

Thinking of the Sapphire, where is there a dancing area in Crooners?

agree with @memoak On Emerald a few weeks ago, printed menus were on the bar tables and handed printed menus at restaurants. Never used QR codes. Now if they were on the table 🤷🏼‍♀️. They were never needed.