Booking dining

smeck

5 minutes ago, phabric said:

Not true my cruise is paid in full but I can’t book dining, granted we have 305 days until the cruise. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, phabric said:

Presently, Elite and Platinum and any cruise paid in full.

Not our experience for this past March 2024 Enchanted cruise. We booked our dining times and restaurant for DMW when we first booked the cruise a year prior to the sail date. Cruise was paid with deposit only. Booked our October 2025 Pacific Coastal cruise for the Royal on April 2024. We booked our dining times and restaurant for DMW for that cruise at the time of booking. Of course those reservations have been cancelled by Princess. I tried to rebook them today thru the Ocean Ready desk as the app wouldn't lst me and was advised I needed to wait as the cruise date was to far out(?). I'll call back in a couple of days to see if I can rebook our times and MDR for DMW. For clarification we are Platinum.

Edited by doghog

I have seen all sorts of answers on this question. Some people have even been able to book dining reservations for cruises in 2026, but I don’t know their status( elite/platinum) or if they’re paid in full. So not sure -there’s not too many absolute rules at this point, very difficult to figure out.

My opinion is you should not be able to make as of July 2024 a dining reservation for 2026 ,but I have seen it posted that passengers have.

• Like 1

According to PCL rules, you should be able to book dining if you’ve paid in full or if you’re Elite/Platinum.

However, they have been updating the dining on every ship in the fleet.  They started

July 1st and not all the ships and MDR’s are updated.  

So, recheck yours and see if one of the MDR’s is open to book.  Some ships have 2 open for booking.  Island and Coral shows 1 MDR to book.  None yet for the Star princess.

IF…you still cannot book the MDR and others can on your ship, you may have an error on the App.  You would have to report it to PCL IT.

You can check with others on your roll call.

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

According to PCL rules, you should be able to book dining if you’ve paid in full or if you’re Elite/Platinum.

IF…you still cannot book the MDR and others can on your ship, you may have an error on the App.  You would have to report it to PCL IT.

good luck with IT. We have a cruise booked on the majestic and decided a month later to book on the star on the same day the Majestic gets back. They combined the two cruises. Now there is no ship picture and it just has the date of the first cruise and the second cruise together. I contacted two different IT addresses about it and I never heard anything back and that was three weeks ago.

We have a cruise on the Majestic in 2025 and another one in 2026. We are elite. For the 2025 cruise, it says we are in the reserve collection and I was able to book a specialty restaurant. In 2026, I need to book Traditional, and it’s not letting me.  We have a cruise on the star that we can’t even give our OK to the passenger contract. We can’t do a thing.

7 minutes ago, palolake said:

We have a cruise on the Majestic in 2025 and another one in 2026. We are elite. For the 2025 cruise, it says we are in the reserve collection and I was able to book a specialty restaurant. In 2026, I need to book Traditional, and it’s not letting me.  We have a cruise on the star that we can’t even give our OK to the passenger contract. We can’t do a thing.

The Star is not available because it is being built and they probably won’t open it for quite a while for MDR, like the Sun did.  Didn’t the Sun dining open only about 3 months before sailing?  

We don’t even see a pic yet of the Star on the App! 🤪  BTW, IT does know that about it. I got a call from one of them and they are working on it.  

Just have to wait.  

I know IT is not responsive now for a while.  All we can do is report it and seems to help if your TA or CVP can report it.  At least mine helped me.

• Thanks 1

Our October Island Princess voyage has been PIF for many months and we are Elite. Today, I successfully booked our specialty and MDR choices via the app.

Posted (edited)

@muffydawg I am just curious for the Island princess what dining room were you able to book and was it the traditional or the reserve every 20 minutes .just trying to see if my list of dining rooms are indeed correct for what people are actually booking. This is what I show.

Island Princess-2024 & 2025

Provence- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux- reservable,every 20 minute reservations & walk ins

Edited by arizonaperson

4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@muffydawg I am just curious for the Island princess what dining room were you able to book and was it the traditional or the reserve every 20 minutes .just trying to see if my list of dining rooms are indeed correct for what people are actually booking. This is what I show.

I booked the Bordeaux

28 minutes ago, muffydawg said:

I booked the Bordeaux

So Bordeaux dining room was for the reservable ,every 20 minutes slots? Thanks. just trying to have accurate information to post under each ship. Appreciate it.

Just now, arizonaperson said:

So Bordeaux dining room was for the reservable ,every 20 minutes slots? Thanks. just trying to have accurate information to post under each ship. Appreciate it.

Yes, reservable at 20 minute increments.

14 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I was able to book dining for my March 2025 cruise on Sky Princess.   I am Ruby and not paid in full.

Consistency is not a PCL trait. 🥴

I am Elite, but the Ruby booking says I can’t book dining until paid in full or if I’m Elite or Platinum.  Hello?  I also can’t do a check in because I’m under 18  years old.  SMH

So many errors on loading that one in the App.

And….Yes, it does show my Elite status on the App and my other 5 bookings are okay.

I’m just going to wait it out.  Unreal.

14 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I booked Provence as DMW bookable every 20 mins.

Bordeaux not open to reserve.

No consistency.  Island 2026. 

• Like 1

This is the 64,000 dollar question (worth 711,000 today). When we booked a suite on Sun for Jan 2025 cruise was told dining could be booked early (anytime). Called Princess in May and told 'we don't know'. Sent letter to management asking for clarification  (no response). Early booking was supposedly a 'benefit of a suite'. Received e mail saying we could book dining specifically for our cruise on 7/1 (tried app 4X no dice). Received email a few days ago that we could now book Love by Britto (no dice).

Cannot believe difficult /confusing this has proven to be. How many calls/letters should I need to send to get a simple answer?

I am resigned that at some point I will find reservations have opened up and will be largely taken and then start the process again (to complain). Just a complete joke (I do have Princess app on my phone and I PAD and both tell me no reservations for any time or day available). 

Yep, Same frustration with our trying to reserve dining on the Sun Princess for our Dec. 2024 sailing.

Once Princess said July 1st was the target date, I just knew it was going to be a big mess.

Couldn't book anything for the included MDR slots... kept trying, then was able to book very early MDR on deck 7 for most nights (not all).  Interestingly, had NO problem booking Spellbound or Specialty Dining...

For now, will keep what we have booked & see if we can change later on.

4 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Yep, Same frustration with our trying to reserve dining on the Sun Princess for our Dec. 2024 sailing.

Once Princess said July 1st was the target date, I just knew it was going to be a big mess.

Couldn't book anything for the included MDR slots... kept trying, then was able to book very early MDR on deck 7 for most nights (not all).  Interestingly, had NO problem booking Spellbound or Specialty Dining...

For now, will keep what we have booked & see if we can change later on.

We  wanted to book Spellbound and Specialty dining. Calling again will be my next move - almost don't care but since we have a suite and Premier, figured it should be simple to book two nights of included specialty dining.  Wanted to go to Spellbound also but frankly won't start crying of they don't take my 300 bucks. 

2 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

We  wanted to book Spellbound and Specialty dining. Calling again will be my next move - almost don't care but since we have a suite and Premier, figured it should be simple to book two nights of included specialty dining.  Wanted to go to Spellbound also but frankly won't start crying of they don't take my 300 bucks. 

I know, Spellbound is pretty pricey.  Wasn't going to book it at first, but DH said go ahead...we've done Chef's Table before & that is a few $$ also.  We were able to get a 6:30pm reserv. for Spellbound on the next to the last night of our cruise.  Saw youtube videos of the experience.  Looks like fun. 

23 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

I know, Spellbound is pretty pricey.  Wasn't going to book it at first, but DH said go ahead...we've done Chef's Table before & that is a few $$ also.  We were able to get a 6:30pm reserv. for Spellbound on the next to the last night of our cruise.  Saw youtube videos of the experience.  Looks like fun. 

Agree, thought it looked cool. Then saw the price.... OK it looked interesting and sign me up. But don't think booking it should be like getting tix to a Taylor Swift concert. Why do they make it so hard?

• Haha 1