Live from the Land of Princess

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

They also had a waffle station, toast and bagel station and a pastry station but my hands had a plate in one and an iced honey lavender latte in the other so you get to imagine what these look like.

Good morning ... I gotta a feeling some of us are going to show these to NCL and say, "shame on NCL" with the butcher cuts lately, including nameless Diamond cruisers here.  Suspecting that a few comrades be likely in silent agreement.  Afternoon high tea looked wonderful and much fancier and lord, breakfast set-up can almost passed for being Haven Lite.   Will have to give Princess serious consideration as they are now inching into the NY / Northeast cruise market too. 

Ship's deck cam is cloudy or fuzzy ?? while I'm looking at CruiseMapper, perhaps in need of a quick wash & wipe to clean the video-cam len ??  (just kidding) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Where do I find ketchup?

Just ask they will bring to you in buffet and dining room.

Dining room has a full vegetarian menu, just ask for it.

Hi Mandy

Not yet. It is only 8:30am his time (1:00pm here in the Atlantic.) He will go have breakfast and read the newspaper before checking email.

Meanwhile, I had a fabulous breakfast (they made me a meatless eggs Benedict in the buffet), watched a presentation, did a craft, had a pizza lunch and am now reading my book on deck 15 in the sunshine.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, kebhouse said:

Just popping in to say I'm enjoying your posts. I'll be boarding the Island when you disembark on the 26th! 🙂

She’s a special ship, for sure. 

49 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Good morning ... I gotta a feeling some of us are going to show these to NCL and say, "shame on NCL" with the butcher cuts lately, including nameless Diamond cruisers here.  Suspecting that a few comrades be likely in silent agreement.  Afternoon high tea looked wonderful and much fancier and lord, breakfast set-up can almost passed for being Haven Lite.   Will have to give Princess serious consideration as they are now inching into the NY / Northeast cruise market too. 

Ship's deck cam is cloudy or fuzzy ?? while I'm looking at CruiseMapper, perhaps in need of a quick wash & wipe to clean the video-cam len ??  (just kidding) 

There is a significant difference in quality right across the board between the two companies. I will write a comprehensive post at the end. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi Mandy

Not yet. It is only 8:30am his time (1:00pm here in the Atlantic.) He will go have breakfast and read the newspaper before checking email.

Meanwhile, I had a fabulous breakfast (they made me a meatless eggs Benedict in the buffet), watched a presentation, did a craft, had a pizza lunch and am now reading my book on deck 15 in the sunshine.

This sounds like the best cruise you have had for awhile and for that I am happy.

Very very hot here in the Pacific Northwest, should break records on Wednesday with the temperature being about 109 F.  No, my home does not have air conditioning-- just 3 big fans.  So far I am okay.

• Like 3

Also, is the ship cam still appearing foggy? It was cloudy and fogged in until about 20 minutes ago and now it is hot and sunny with a clear and visible horizon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, YVRteacher said:

Also, is the ship cam still appearing foggy? It was cloudy and fogged in until about 20 minutes ago and now it is hot and sunny with a clear and visible horizon.

Looking pretty good now...just a little fog left...

Or...maybe...perhaps...they read @mking8288s post  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Morning craft time

IMG_6627.thumb.jpeg.fc7e256a66bc532d0b9f8ec619d93896.jpeg

I have never tried cross stitching before. I get to check “try something new” off my birthday list!

IMG_6628.thumb.jpeg.0cf694599d79d9f967681bc7e92ae436.jpeg

I really enjoyed this even though I’m not yet proficient. I just told myself it didn’t matter what the back looked like!

IMG_6629.thumb.jpeg.b0ecefdd6915b2064f7e5e18dfab1578.jpeg

A few steps from finishing the needle snapped and I couldn’t complete the project. Before you tell me I should have asked if anyone had a spare needle, this was someone’s spare needle. I already snapped my first needle.  When I was 13 I decided I wanted to learn to sew. The day I started was the day my mom banned me from using the sewing machine ever again since I broke all her needles.  Oops.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

7 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Looking pretty good now...just a little fog left...

Or...maybe...perhaps...they read @mking8288s post  😀

Real time photos! It’s hot and sunny and glorious!

IMG_6632.thumb.jpeg.464dc233608fee8822be0fc008e7dfc8.jpeg

IMG_6634.thumb.jpeg.1490aebf8812b1fe89334fa7f7db4b5b.jpeg

IMG_6635.thumb.jpeg.50cf449b712b424e82e14daf6ba85387.jpeg

• Like 10

Yvonne, I'm so happy I found your Princess live! We were on the NCL Sun last month and immediately came down with covid upon returning home. (Pretty sure we got it on the airport shuttle in Seattle rather than the ship as they had us packed in there like sardines.) This is my first day back on CC and I feel like I hit the jackpot. We were sorely disappointed in the buffet and the entertainment on the Sun and determined that our next cruise will be on Princess, so I've been looking forward to hearing your impressions and seeing your fabulous photos. Everything looks wonderful so far! I'll miss hearing about your adventures with Dad but am so glad we'll hear about him checking in. I always love your lives. You rock!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Real time photos! It’s hot and sunny and glorious!

😎 Mother nature, perhaps ... beautiful and yes, excellent on ship cam live too 

Screenshot_20240708-115247.thumb.png.d8a8ab86d4119b1f655ebddf7ad55799.png

Calm & peaceful ... 🥂 cheers 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

This sounds like the best cruise you have had for awhile and for that I am happy.

Very very hot here in the Pacific Northwest, should break records on Wednesday with the temperature being about 109 F.  No, my home does not have air conditioning-- just 3 big fans.  So far I am okay.

My dad just emailed. I had asked him if he had been to Halifax and he said no. He also said there are heat warnings in place and they have been advised to stay indoors. I bought him a tower fan from Amazon a couple years ago and I’m sure he has plenty of cold beer in the fridge.

• Like 9

On 7/6/2024 at 8:10 PM, laudergayle said:

Nice hours for the buffet. I can’t tell you how many times on our NCL cruise in May that we just missed breakfast (too early based on excursions) or lunch (too late based on excursions).  And, heaven forbid if you wanted a little nosh after 9:30 pm.  

What’s in The Grill on Deck 15 from 11 am - 9 pm?

Hi! Here is the menu for The Grill.

IMG_6645.thumb.jpeg.a6924b0d5fbc616221fbf980fced1739.jpeg

It is cooked to order and is not set up like a serve yourself station. There is a food side and a bar side.

IMG_6643.thumb.jpeg.6f9d3840bcef953f34179f209289f73f.jpeg

IMG_6644.thumb.jpeg.fc9bc6c53b1107f894f4809bde71044b.jpeg

This is the view standing at The Grill looking at the Lido deck.

IMG_6642.thumb.jpeg.a541977df4c944f198c053cc25f8c312.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2