Live from the Land of Princess

4 hours ago, Norwegianprincess said:

Oh, no! So sorry for you! Off course you’re allowed to be sad and disappointed.

Could there be another Iclandic port added as a substitute for the two you’re missing? 

How was your Princess British Isles cruise?

8 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I have some Princess questions.

On sea days Sabatini’s becomes Alfredo’s Pizza. I have two free casual meals. Do I need to reserve Alfredo’s or just show up?

Alfredo’s is walk up and they will sit you.  Depending on time, there might be a line.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

We can still say YOLO and have it be cool!

I have some ideas for the design…

I’ve been reading and they won’t do the traditional Inuit tattooing (poke and stick method) on a non-Inuit person. They also only take cash so I would need to get some Danish kr.

Hmmm. Interesting intel.  Insightful.  Sooo much to learn…continuously. Perhaps this is not the trip to brand your adventure,  The best news is…you are still a “youngster”…with so much adventure and experience ahead🥰.  Counting on you!  Pls share design inspiration ❤️

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Tomorrow one of the activities is watercolour speed painting. Has anyone done this?

I have so many images in my head about this. Please do it. For research purposes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Also, I LOVED the production show "On The Bayou" (I believe only Island has this show? And maybe Coral?)

It is my favorite - by far - production show I've seen on over 30 Princess cruises.  On the Bayou was created specifically for the two level (decks 6 and 7 aft) Universe Lounge of the Coral and Island Princesses.  It is a spectacular stage set up on the Coral and was on the Island until Princess decide to chop up the aft portion of the ship and add new cabins across the rear of the Island.  Now On the Bayou is performed in the Island's theater.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

It is my favorite - by far - production show I've seen on over 30 Princess cruises.  On the Bayou was created specifically for the two level (decks 6 and 7 aft) Universe Lounge of the Coral and Island Princesses.  It is a spectacular stage set up on the Coral and was on the Island until Princess decide to chop up the aft portion of the ship and add new cabins across the rear of the Island.  Now On the Bayou is performed in the Island's theater.

Oh. I did not realise this part....

• Like 1

Good morning from somewhere in the Atlantic. I’m so grateful for this window. As you can see, the views are stunning and are affording me hours of entertainment as I take in the magnificent vistas.

IMG_6971.thumb.jpeg.d6b48c1611b2bc524583981a140ec866.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 27

12 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Official notice.

IMG_6967.thumb.jpeg.0c2c960dacd5d1c9e37b3fce429c74d8.jpeg

Has anyone been to Nuuk? Any recommendations?

I'm so sorry about your missed ports. I do have to say that is such a refreshing letter from the captain advising you of what is happening and why. Thanks for posting. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Good morning from somewhere in the Atlantic ... the views are stunning and are affording me hours of entertainment as I take in the magnificent vistas.

Indeed 😊 just sit back and go with the flow. We continued to bake in a heat wave here in the U.S. 

Here's a little more "guidance" of what's ahead ...  Possibly passing the HAL ship heading towards the Princess from a far distance, sea state will gradually transition to a bit choppy toward the weekend. @Jimesopus is good with his graphics.

Wishing you wonderful days at sea with working satellite WiFi. What's the drink of this foggy morning ? Cheers 🥂 

Collage_2024-07-11_08_36_40.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Has anyone been to Nuuk? Any recommendations?

Sorry that you are missing Q & N.  I did a Greenland cruise this past September on Royal Caribbean and visited all 3 ports.  I traveled solo and felt very safe exploring on my own. Q & N are very quaint little towns. 

For Nuuk, it is a city so to speak.  The ship/town provided a shuttle to the center. Take it. I think they charged $20.  It really isn't safe to walk into the center of town among the winding roads and commercial area.  Once there, it is very easy to navigate around and see things.  There's the Hans Egede Statue on top of the hill, the Greenland National Museum with a small entrance fee, a lot of street art, stop in some meat markets and see the fresh reindeer and other various places to wander among the houses.  Stop in a grocery store, talk to some locals. They are very friendly.  And, of course don't forget to buy a tupilak carving to take home.  It was a really nice day.  Hope you have good weather.

• Like 10

Watercolors in the Plaza: Speed Painting this morning was fun and as colourful as the houses we are not going to see in Nanortalik

The entertainment staff were having a hard time getting it set up and saying that they had only been given 15 minutes in between activities to get the tables and supplies ready. A bunch of us joined in and we worked together to make it happen.

IMG_6972.thumb.jpeg.8bef025a97f7b8a913e9682f01a63c2b.jpeg

IMG_6973.thumb.jpeg.b3e15cb365e347409909000f64cb6848.jpeg

There were 21 painters and we each started with a paper. Every minute our watercolour papers were passed to the left, meaning all 21 people added their skill and talent (or lack thereof) to each painting. I started out with traditional Inuit tattoo designs on my paper and this is the final product. The prompt was to paint what we imagined Greenland would look like.

IMG_6974.thumb.jpeg.d349327aff49d1a14160e17725f04e38.jpeg

The man two seats down from me needs to take a geology class because he added a volcano to every paper.

After speed painting we had time for open painting.

IMG_6975.thumb.jpeg.6604dd49ac0454c5237e28fafc503f87.jpeg

It was a tough choice this morning, deciding between the Enrichment session with the ice pilots or painting. Do you think the ice pilot presentation in the theatre was recorded to be shown later on the tv? Does Princess do that?

• Like 11

As I wait for my pizza in Alfredo’s (Sabatini’s)

I’m chatting with the lady next to me. She attended the ice pilot presentation this morning and is sharing that to begin the captain and two officers came on stage. The captain explained why we can’t access the planned ports in Greenland then asked the full theatre audience if they were mad. People said no, they understood. The captain then told the two accompanying officers they could go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

5 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

It was a tough choice this morning, deciding between the Enrichment session with the ice pilots or painting. Do you think the ice pilot presentation in the theatre was recorded to be shown later on the tv? Does Princess do that?

I have seen presentations like the ice pilot presentation you missed show up on stateroom tv. Check for it there later that day or the following day. Recordings from a number of games they play in Princes Live theater will also show up on Stateroom TV (i.e. Marriage match game, Yes/No game).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

@ecslady this is so helpful! Thank you!

I am definitely looking forward to Nuuk.

Forgot to add, that you can do some iceberg boat tours.  But you will probably see some icebergs from the ship as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lunch

(I skipped breakfast)

IMG_6976.thumb.jpeg.6aa7209f38b19ed695c9e0d70f7294f4.jpeg

IMG_6978.thumb.jpeg.8e4b20c9585f0e1c1c263215c6b6460f.jpeg

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.51682f73b9ffe635c58164ce87f2d923.jpeg

IMG_6982.thumb.jpeg.9eb4989fd471c0ea01724302f2413508.jpeg

I ordered Pizza Margherita with pineapple but the waiter came back and said the pineapple isn’t ripe yet. I added mushrooms instead.

Look at this ooey gooey goodness!

IMG_6983.thumb.jpeg.afc12c65be5d7b68e4f42518d440b3db.jpeg

• Like 10

Alfredo’s is my ride or die! Except my go-to has now gone (not that you would care as it’s about as meat focused as you can get). They had the best veal filled pasta pouches ever (I know there’s a proper name for them but you get the gist). I also love their veggie pizza with the avocado….yum yum yum

• Like 6

Everyone raves about the Tiramisu. For me, that is the most disappointing dessert ever (in general, not Alfredo’s-never tried it there). Such a waste of calories 🤣🤣

• Like 3

Three things that are driving me nuts on this ship:

1. The women doused in perfume. It’s deadly.

2. People who order unsweetened ice tea then sit there for the next 14 minutes stirring and clinking stirring and clinking stirring and clinking with no regard for other people who may not want a meal with a side of stirring and clinking

3. The Mahjong players in Horizon Court. They take up the tables with the best views and bash the tiles about with no regard for diners who do not want a meal with a side of tile bashing

• Like 12
  • Haha 8