Thrown another curve ball, but still planning on going on Sydney-Singapore cruise

So, as of right now (FX), I have decided to go on my Sydney to Singapore cruise despite the world throwing curve balls at me.

As I posted before, I came back from our Europe cruise and got Covid and had my tooth start hurting. My ear and throat were hurting, too, but I figured it was either the Covid or the tooth. I went to an Endodontist to have my root canal from 2 years ago redone, and while I was there, she found a big, lacy white spot on my tongue at the back of throat. She immediately referred me to an oral pathologist...as in I got in the NEXT DAY with the help of her office. I had a painful biopsy done last week and will get results next Wednesday...just days before I leave. It is taking so long because the pathologist is on vacation this week. The oral pathologist said it could be cancer, but feels it is more likely Lichen Planus, though, due to the appearance of the abnormality and me not fitting normal demographic for oral cancer...i.e. I am under 45, female, and not a smoker or tobacco user. I do fit the demographic for developing Lichen Planus, though, as it is thought to be autoimmune related. I have had a positive on an ANA test before also developed preeclampsia--also thought to be autoimmune related--in pregnancy so Lichen Planus would fit with my prior medical history.  So, assuming I don't have cancer (or, even if I do, assuming I don't have to start treatment), I plan on going.  

So, yall send good thoughts my way that I doubt end up finding out I have oral cancer next week.    

Another deciding factor: I just today got a really great deal on airfare.  I was "paying" 400k miles (for two of us) to go from IAH-LAX-SYD in business and today I got two flights (business) at 100k miles each basically the same date/time going IAH-SFO-SYD.  I am told that it is easier to fly through SFO than LAX. 

One quick question on the SYD-SIN cruise: Will there be auto grats on this cruise? If not, are the employees paid more than on European or US-based cruises? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So, as of right now (FX), I have decided to go on my Sydney to Singapore cruise despite the world throwing curve balls at me.

As I posted before, I came back from our Europe cruise and got Covid and had my tooth start hurting. My ear and throat were hurting, too, but I figured it was either the Covid or the tooth. I went to an Endodontist to have my root canal from 2 years ago redone, and while I was there, she found a big, lacy white spot on my tongue at the back of throat. She immediately referred me to an oral pathologist...as in I got in the NEXT DAY with the help of her office. I had a painful biopsy done last week and will get results next Wednesday...just days before I leave. It is taking so long because the pathologist is on vacation this week. The oral pathologist said it could be cancer, but feels it is more likely Lichen Planus, though, due to the appearance of the abnormality and me not fitting normal demographic for oral cancer...i.e. I am under 45, female, and not a smoker or tobacco user. I do fit the demographic for developing Lichen Planus, though, as it is thought to be autoimmune related. I have had a positive on an ANA test before also developed preeclampsia--also thought to be autoimmune related--in pregnancy so Lichen Planus would fit with my prior medical history.  So, assuming I don't have cancer (or, even if I do, assuming I don't have to start treatment), I plan on going.  

So, yall send good thoughts my way that I doubt end up finding out I have oral cancer next week.    

Another deciding factor: I just today got a really great deal on airfare.  I was "paying" 400k miles (for two of us) to go from IAH-LAX-SYD in business and today I got two flights (business) at 100k miles each basically the same date/time going IAH-SFO-SYD.  I am told that it is easier to fly through SFO than LAX. 

One quick question on the SYD-SIN cruise: Will there be auto grats on this cruise? If not, are the employees paid more than on European or US-based cruises? 

Not sure i would consider that a curveball or a home run.  That is a fantastic deal.  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure i would consider that a curveball or a home run.  That is a fantastic deal.  

Lol, I meant the part about possibly having tongue cancer was the curve ball. Hopefully, it isn't, though, and I can go on my cruise worry free.   

• Like 3

Good luck on the results of your biopsy.  You have always had a great attitude, and I am sure that no matter what the results are you will be fine.  Life does throw us many curve balls.  It is how you handle them that matters.

• Like 1