Move boarding pass to Google Wallet?

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I move mine to Apple wallet (iPhone), but you can just do a screenshot, then pull up in photos.

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You can't use Google Wallet for RC passes.

That said a screenshot of the set sail pass is more than adequate if you don't want to print it.

Thank you.  Forgot about doing the screenshot.

1 hour ago, al_miller said:

Send the PKPass file to the Pixel/Galaxy, and Google Wallet will offer to import it when trying to open.

Welcome to CC.

Where/how do you get the file?

2 hours ago, al_miller said:

Send the PKPass file to the Pixel/Galaxy, and Google Wallet will offer to import it when trying to open.

or print passes to pdf, upload the pdf to Google Drive, allow offline access and save to phone home screen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, al_miller said:

It's not that simple. And complete overkill since a screenshot is all that's needed.

• Like 3

I trim the set sail pass down, then print that out to show bar code, name, etc.   That slips into my passport and ready to hand to check in agent.  

No worries, done deal.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I trim the set sail pass down, then print that out to show bar code, name, etc.   That slips into my passport and ready to hand to check in agent.  

No worries, done deal.  

Yes, ptint it out, though never thought of trimming it down.  The problem with doing the screenshot is that there is an advertisement at the bottom (for gify cards!) covering the bar code!  Oh well. 

• Like 1

Just now, njkruzer said:

Yes, ptint it out, though never thought of trimming it down.  The problem with doing the screenshot is that there is an advertisement at the bottom (for gify cards!) covering the bar code!  Oh well. 

I noticed that also, but someone else commented that only the bar code matters, so just make sure that shows in the screen shot. 

Posted (edited)

has-anyone-had-issues-with-their-set-sail-pass-not-showing-v0-csu6bg7dqfhc12.thumb.jpg.e7a979d616549c73dbd09b9165f22c0f.jpg

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Where/how do you get the file?

If someone else in your party has an iOS device, they can share the pass with you via email. It will be visible as an attachment, and trying to open it will prompt Google Wallet to add it.

Edited by al_miller

4 minutes ago, al_miller said:

has-anyone-had-issues-with-their-set-sail-pass-not-showing-v0-csu6bg7dqfhc12.thumb.jpg.e7a979d616549c73dbd09b9165f22c0f.jpg

If someone else in your party has an iOS device, they can share the pass with you via email. It will be visible as an attachment, and trying to open it will prompt Google Wallet to add it.

Just dh and me.  Both have android phones.

I put mine in my Google wallet. Here's how: 1. Take a screenshot of your SetSail Pass (which should actually be enough, but finding it in your photos can be a pain weeks later); 2. Open Google Wallet and click on "+ Add to Wallet"; 3. Choose "Photo" from the list; 4. Click on the screenshot from the list of photo, a screen will come up with the screenshot and will have a "Next" button at the bottom, click that; 5. Enter a pass name and description, especially if you're doing multiple for your group. Then you're done!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

We always just open our RC app and the boarding passes are in there....??

Yes but I've seen people taking time, delaying the line, because their phone wifi isn't working.   Usually just print out.  With plane boarding passes I've begun to put them in the wallet which seems to work even if wifi is out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikefromny said:

I put mine in my Google wallet. Here's how: 1. Take a screenshot of your SetSail Pass (which should actually be enough, but finding it in your photos can be a pain weeks later); 2. Open Google Wallet and click on "+ Add to Wallet"; 3. Choose "Photo" from the list; 4. Click on the screenshot from the list of photo, a screen will come up with the screenshot and will have a "Next" button at the bottom, click that; 5. Enter a pass name and description, especially if you're doing multiple for your group. Then you're done!

Tried but ad is covering bar code.  Can't seem to get rid of ad.  Frustrating. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but I've seen people taking time, delaying the line, because their phone wifi isn't working.   Usually just print out.  With plane boarding passes I've begun to put them in the wallet which seems to work even if wifi is out.

you're right, sometimes we have trouble with wifi, but usually my phone works and my hubby's doesn't....?!? So, i have them both and we breeze thru. I also use the wallet for airplane boarding passes.

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You should be able to scroll the pass up to show the bar code.

Yes but the rest is lost. I know, all I need is the bar code. Just frustrating.