MSC offers new shore excursion program for Yacht Club guests...

Stockjock

16 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I just compared the brochure you posted above to the prices I am seeing on the website for my booking and they are exactly the same.

Thank you.  Now waiting for the brochure to become available for my sailings....

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Até said:

Is this price what you see on the MSC main site through a booking you have? 

Yes, I logged in, viewed my booking, selected the day of the curise/port and looked at excursions offered. 

I now see the confusion -- I was looking at a regular Cabana vs the YC Guest Only .. . the YC  is indeed $422

image.thumb.png.8d45fdad2cab296e2882739e9c405807.png

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

Those YC cabana premiums are a little high, especially since they're really not needed.  But once World America starts hitting the island that may change.

Posted (edited)

I like the exclusivity. 

"EXCLUSIVITY

MSC Yacht Club Limited
Uncover unforgettable destinations, purely for Yacht Club Guests.

Dedicated personnel
Flawless service at every stage, from booking advice to onboard butlers to excursion experts ashore.

Meticulously crafted itineraries
Enjoy carefully constructed excursions, chosen to maximise wide-ranging leisure interests."

They hit all the right buttons with me. I just love the contrast, even if it is only an illusion. Perception is reality. This is something tangible not found on luxury lines.... the contrast between Yacht Club and steerage. It is worth the price of admission by itself.

P.S.Brings to mind a popular day time TV show years ago "Queen for a Day".

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps

This has me seriously looking at the MONTEGO BAY HIGHLIGHTS & ROSE HALL GREAT HOUSE (Code: FMH06)  We've been many times and you can only visit Dunn's so many times. 

16 hours ago, Até said:

Those YC cabana premiums are a little high, especially since they're really not needed.  But once World America starts hitting the island that may change.

I reserved mine at the old price. I booked World America more than 2 years before the sail date and booked the cabana as soon as I could. 

As for the Yacht Club exclusive excursions, look for the ones with a code that ends in ".....YC". 

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This has me seriously looking at the MONTEGO BAY HIGHLIGHTS & ROSE HALL GREAT HOUSE (Code: FMH06)  We've been many times and you can only visit Dunn's so many times.

I'm considering that one as well (if we choose to get off the ship that day).  I'm pretty sure that's one of their regular excursions and not one of the YC exclusives.

1 hour ago, lgdesign said:

I'm considering that one as well (if we choose to get off the ship that day).  I'm pretty sure that's one of their regular excursions and not one of the YC exclusives.

You are correct. I looked at it again afterwards.   

In typical MSC IT fashion, I sometimes do not see the YC offerings and sometimes when I go back and log in again I do see them. 

Does anyone have any idea when the Yacht club specific excursions become available?

We are cruising next April in Northern Europe and there is an excursion from Le Havre in which we are interested but it is not showing on our cruise planner.

I emailed MSC and didn't really get an answer except it MIGHT appear at some point or MIGHT be available to book onboard at a 15% surcharge or MIGHT never be available! Glad that got sorted.😏

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, DaKahuna said:

Yes, I logged in, viewed my booking, selected the day of the curise/port and looked at excursions offered. 

I now see the confusion -- I was looking at a regular Cabana vs the YC Guest Only .. . the YC  is indeed $422

image.thumb.png.8d45fdad2cab296e2882739e9c405807.png

It looks like, other than the umbrellas, the cabanas are identical.  Are there some service differences that account for the premium price?