2026 Alaska itineraries

When will Holland open their 2026 Alaska itineraries?  Which cruise lines do Alaska best?  We’re on NCL in the Mediterranean now and although the ports have been fabulous, the food and entertainment haven’t been as good as other cruises we’ve been on so we don’t want to use them again. We want to do a land and sea combo. We already have another Mediterranean cruise booked for next summer, so that’s why we’re looking at 2026. 

• Like 1

Someone just asked yesterday  or the day before. Soon...in the next week or two, most likely. 

"Best" is totally subjective. We don't know what that means to you. If you look on the Alaska board, you will see discussions on routes, who serves Glacier Bay, and who doesn't,  why they do or don't,  and alternatives.

• Like 1

We are also waiting for the trans pacific crossing from Seattle or Vancouver to Japan via Alaska with the following circle around Japan. It is usually the very end of September

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Alaska 2025 was released on 18th July 2023 (reference to their press release).

Just FYI

Europe 2025 was released on 24th August 2023 (same source)

Edited by VMax1700
gratuitous embellishment

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I, too, am waiting for the 2026 Alaska itineraries. For me, it's important to choose a ship with a covered main pool. I've only sailed on HAL once (on the Rotterdam). The ship is gorgeous and the pool has a retractable roof. 💖

Edited by craig01020

7 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

For me, it's important to choose a ship with a covered main pool.

All HAL ships have a retractable cover over the main Lido pool.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 0106 said:

All HAL ships have a retractable cover over the main Lido pool.

I didn't know that every HAL ships had this feature. That's great! I booked the Rotterdam for a 2026 Norway cruise. The covered lido pool was the deciding factor for me.

I did see that Princess released their 2026 Alaska cruises, but many of their ships don't have covered main pools.

I'll wait for HAL.

Edited by craig01020
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I didn't know that every HAL ships had this feature. That's great! I booked the Rotterdam for a 2026 Norway cruise. The covered lido pool was the deciding factor for me.

I did see that Princess released their 2026 Alaska cruises, but many of their ships don't have covered main pools.

I'll wait for HAL.

All HAL ships built since 1990, which is all ships in the fleet, plus at least 4 that have been sold or retired, have covered midship pools.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We want to book a June or early July Alaska cruise for our family and want to book as early as possible to obtain a desired cabin for our anniversary cruise. Any idea when these cruises will be listed for booking?

Edited by madera1

• madera1 changed the title to Alaska 2026 release date
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, madera1 said:

We want to book a June or early July Alaska cruise for our family and want to book as early as possible to obtain a desired cabin for our anniversary cruise. Any idea when these cruises will be listed for booking?

That's the million-dollar question no one seems to have an answer for, as all of the previous "guesses" were based on last year's July release date.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Andi Land said:

I’m waiting and hoping for the 28 day Alaska for 2026. So, hopefully, they release them soon and the pricing isn’t outrageous ☺️

Pretty sure it won't be long now, but based on recent releases I'm also pretty sure the pricing WILL be outrageous 😉  That seems to be the trend lately.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 2:52 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

When will Holland open their 2026 Alaska itineraries?  Which cruise lines do Alaska best?  We’re on NCL in the Mediterranean now and although the ports have been fabulous, the food and entertainment haven’t been as good as other cruises we’ve been on so we don’t want to use them again. We want to do a land and sea combo. We already have another Mediterranean cruise booked for next summer, so that’s why we’re looking at 2026. 

Tami

take in consideration World Cup in USA CANADA and MEXICO 2026

just for booking purposes 

IOO Alaska cruises HAL or PRINCESS would bee two good choices

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:45 AM, a.madruga said:

Tami

take in consideration World Cup in USA CANADA and MEXICO 2026

just for booking purposes 

IOO Alaska cruises HAL or PRINCESS would bee two good choices

We booked with Princess. Looks like our dates don’t conflict with the World Cup. 

• Like 1

FYI

Our Future Cruise booking for the 28 day Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice was confirmed today.  The cruise will be aboard the Noordam departing Seattle June 7/26 returning to Seattle on July 5/26. 

No additional information on schedule release dates.  

5 minutes ago, Harboursiders said:

FYI

Our Future Cruise booking for the 28 day Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice was confirmed today.  The cruise will be aboard the Noordam departing Seattle June 7/26 returning to Seattle on July 5/26. 

No additional information on schedule release dates.  

What exactly is a “Future Cruise booking” if I might ask?

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What exactly is a “Future Cruise booking” if I might ask?

A Future Cruise Booking is a booking for a future cruise made while on a cruise through the on board cruise consultant.  We made our booking in July/24 while on board the Zuiderdam.  Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harboursiders said:

A Future Cruise Booking is a booking for a future cruise made while on a cruise through the on board cruise consultant.  We made our booking in July/24 while on board the Zuiderdam.  Hope this helps. 

So you can book a future cruise onboard that’s not available for booking yet? Good to know. Were you able to book a specific cabin at a specific cruise fare?

Posted (edited)

Yes you can book an unlisted cruise by going through the onboard cruise consultant.  We booked a specific cabin but not at a specified fare.  We had to put a $100 deposit on the booking.    

Edited by Harboursiders
  • Thanks 1

When we were on the Westerdam in June 2024 we asked about booking this same 28-Day cruise for 2026 and the onboard cruise consultant said to us as well as several others asking the same thing, we could not do so until the cruise has been announced, on the HAL website.  Which as of today it has not been.  So, this is very interesting!  I hope all turns out well for you, Harboursiders, and thanks for letting us know!  Hope to see on board in 2026.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harboursiders said:

Yes you can book an unlisted cruise by going through the onboard cruise consultant.  We booked a specific cabin but not at a specified price.  We had to put a $100 deposit on the booking.    

Cool! Definitely good to know. We recently decided to book a Viking Ocean cruise to Longyearbyen in June 2026, as we got tired of waiting for HAL to release their 2026 Alaska cruises, specifically the 28-day Nome cruise.

If we decide to keep that booking, could we possibly do the same thing you did on our April 2025 Eurodam cruise when it comes to securing a specific cabin on the 2027 28-day Nome cruise?

5 minutes ago, objko said:

When we were on the Westerdam in June 2024 we asked about booking this same 28-Day cruise for 2026 and the onboard cruise consultant said to us as well as several others asking the same thing, we could not do so until the cruise has been announced, on the HAL website.  Which as of today it has not been.  So, this is very interesting!  I hope all turns out well for you, Harboursiders, and thanks for letting us know!  Hope to see on board in 2026.  

Apparently, timing is everything. But it definitely doesn’t hurt to ask the question.

And harboursiders said his is booked on the Noordam, so I'm thinking I may not have asked the right question after all 😉  I was thinking it was going to be on the Westerdam again.  What do I know.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Cool! Definitely good to know. We recently decided to book a Viking Ocean cruise to Longyearbyen in June 2026, as we got tired of waiting for HAL to release their 2026 Alaska cruises, specifically the 28-day Nome cruise.

If we decide to keep that booking, could we possibly do the same thing you did on our April 2025 Eurodam cruise when it comes to securing a specific cabin on the 2027 28-day Nome cruise?

I do not see why you could not do it unless HAL changes their future cruise booking policies.

• Thanks 1