Steak house on the Silver Ray?

fb0075

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

What are you actually asking, please?

Because there isn’t actually a steak house per se on the Silver Ray. 

Thats what im asking---best option for steak

Hot Rocks seems to be the closest thing to a steakhouse on Silversea, although I’m not sold on the idea of cooking my steak on rocks.  Sounds too much like a griddle - I prefer a charcoal grill. 

• Like 1

Sadly steak is not something Silversea excels at.  It’s available ever.

Night at Hot Rocks (you can have them cook it) or if in the menu elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tex1 said:

Sadly steak is not something Silversea excels at.  It’s available ever.

Night at Hot Rocks (you can have them cook it) or if in the menu elsewhere.

Once again, your comment points to us all being different. I've had some of the best filets anywhere in the Grill/Hot Rocks. I haven't been on Ray but my recent experience comes from Muse, Whisper and Shadow. And I ask for the chefs to cook it.

• Like 3

We just got off the Muse after 14 days in Alaska.  One of the best meals on the trip was at The Grill (formerly Hot Rocks).  (The rocks were still hot.)  I eat very little meat, mostly follow a Mediterranean diet, however, if I'm going to inconvenience a dead cow, it better be good.  After being seated and doing the preliminaries, our server (Godlove was his name) brought out the hot slab of rock and a beef fillet, a good 2" thick.  Before he started the prep, I gave it a good look - dark red, slightly marbled, obviously aged, looked as good as it could.  He asked how we wanted things cooked, and he stayed and did the cooking and prep.  (Different from last time on the Muse, where you were on your own.)  It was about as good as a piece of beef can be, and the sides and sauces and such were wonderful, as was the view.  (Beyond staring at my DW, of course.)  Not only was this near the top meal on the ship, it was one of the best I've had in the last year or two.  So, not a steak house venue, per se, but pretty damn good slab-o-beef

• Like 7

Again some of the best steaks I have had have been on our last 2 cruises on the Muse. Either in Atlantide or Hot Rocks.

Just before the first of those Muse cruise in October 2023 they had changed their provider of beef to a Texan producer. The steaks certainly were better than the cruises on the Dawn and Moon cruises before that.

• Like 1

Steak is available on most of the dining room menus on the Ray and Nova, including Atlantide, LaTerrazza, The Marquee, La Dame, S.A.L.T. Kitchen, Kaiseki and of course through room service. 

Atlantide was the winner for us.  Gareay filet, properly cooked.  La Terrazza was a disaster, overcooked and sent back, replacement was nothing but grizzle.  Experience was not well handled. The grill = all i remember was being frozen.

On 7/11/2024 at 9:24 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Hot Rocks seems to be the closest thing to a steakhouse on Silversea, although I’m not sold on the idea of cooking my steak on rocks.  Sounds too much like a griddle - I prefer a charcoal grill. 

I agree that charcoal grill is much better. I'm okay with cooking my steak on the hot rocks. However, the weather does not always cooperate, thus removing one good option for steak on some nights. Having said that, I have always been able to find good steak in other restaurants. 

I echo- the best steaks were grilled by me on Hot Rocks!  With a table of new friends and all of them wanted to do by self., at first, I said no way, been cooking all my life etc but I thought I would give it a try!  Was easy, perfectly medium rare and best meat on the ship!  Beef Wellington was runner up!.

The option to cook on hot rocks isn't available on Endeavour (originally busilt for pre-bankruptcy Crystal). However, the steaks at The Grill were very good, as were the sides.