Boston cruise port parking?

Has anyone parked at the Boston cruise port recently?  Can you still park in the lot right next to the terminal or across the street when you arrive or do you have to wait until a certain time before it is open?  We are going on an Ncl Gem Friday cruise departure in the next few weeks and want to know what to expect when we arrive around 930 am for an early check in time. 

• Like 1

Cruised the end of May on the Gem, and we parked in the lot right next to the terminal.  We arrived around 11 a.m. and were on board before 11:30 a.m.  One of our fastest embarkations ever.

3 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

Has anyone parked at the Boston cruise port recently?  Can you still park in the lot right next to the terminal or across the street when you arrive or do you have to wait until a certain time before it is open?  We are going on an Ncl Gem Friday cruise departure in the next few weeks and want to know what to expect when we arrive around 930 am for an early check in time. 

Parked there a few weeks ago, easy peasy. Made the loop, dropped off my wife and our bags and drove the two blocks to the lot. I had booked it online for $178? I highly recommend booking it in advance. I pulled in at 9am, two cars ahead of me tried to park and from what I could hear from the conversation they were fully booked. The guy was telling them they could either try to find another lot or come back after noon to see if they have open space. Its a great place to park, about a 3 minute walk to the terminal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Parked there a few weeks ago, easy peasy. Made the loop, dropped off my wife and our bags and drove the two blocks to the lot. I had booked it online for $178? I highly recommend booking it in advance. I pulled in at 9am, two cars ahead of me tried to park and from what I could hear from the conversation they were fully booked. The guy was telling them they could either try to find another lot or come back after noon to see if they have open space. Its a great place to park, about a 3 minute walk to the terminal

What was the name of the parking garage you made a reservation with that was 3 minutes away?  I would like to make a reservation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

What was the name of the parking garage you made a reservation with that was 3 minutes away?  I would like to make a reservation.

https://www.parkwithabm.com/c1-parking-lot

Its lot C1

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Boston+Cruise+Port/@42.3437666,-71.0363745,101m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x89e37b67bd893ef9:0x8cb761719fb84683!8m2!3d42.3439282!4d-71.0319455!16s%2Fg%2F11v9lp38q5?entry=ttu

Has anyone just showed up and parked in the open air C1 lot right next to the cruise terminal at 930 to 10 am?  We called the parking # online and they told us there was plenty of parking and they never sell them all.  

I have seen  that the parking at lot C1 is $20/day  if you show them a cruise ticket.  

On 7/12/2024 at 5:20 PM, Laszlo said:

I have looked on line and for a 11 night cruise leaving. Sept 30 the price is $346.50 

https://promo.parking.com/boston-cruise-parking/

I don’t want to pay that amount and hopefully I can just pull up to the port and park for a more reasonable rate.  Hopefully it isn’t totally filled up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 7/12/2024 at 5:20 PM, Laszlo said:

How did you make the reservation on line.  I tried and it wants me to download the park wiz app.  I did that and the price I got for 11 nights is over $500

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, miched said:

How did you make the reservation on line.  I tried and it wants me to download the park wiz app.  I did that and the price I got for 11 nights is over $500

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You are correct, I did do it from the App. It was back in March and was very simple. $500? thats crazy. Something must be wrong, I would call them

Posted (edited)

With those parking rates, got to be a bit creative. Drop everyone & luggage at the port and drive to  a Logan Express lot such as Braintree or a North Shore location, at $7 per day. Pay with CC after your return. On your iphone you can pre-purchase Express bus tickets at $9 each way. Onto the bus [they run every half hour] to the airport get off at terminal A and use public transportation to the seaport, meeting the rest of your family/group. Crazy way to save $$, but I've had family do this for longer cruises and the method is a bit much, but cost effective. When the cruise ends, do the reverse. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
  • Like 1

Hopefully we can still show up the day of the cruise around 930 or 10 am and park in Lot C1 next to the terminal.   We called and a lady who works there told us we should have no problem finding a spot.  If they do fill up they open spots in the parking garage across the street.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 10:32 AM, miched said:

I have seen  that the parking at lot C1 is $20/day  if you show them a cruise ticket.  

I have looked on line and for a 11 night cruise leaving. Sept 30 the price is $346.50 

https://promo.parking.com/boston-cruise-parking/

I don’t want to pay that amount and hopefully I can just pull up to the port and park for a more reasonable rate.  Hopefully it isn’t totally filled up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This looks like it is the Fargo lot for $346.50, not lot C1. We prefer a lot where we can walk, not have to take a shuttle.

Does anyone know of other options? Safe places to park in the suburbs? At a hotel? Looking for options.

Edited by cruislovin
typo

4 hours ago, cruislovin said:

This looks like it is the Fargo lot for $346.50, not lot C1. We prefer a lot where we can walk, not have to take a shuttle.

Does anyone know of other options? Safe places to park in the suburbs? At a hotel? Looking for options.

FWIW, we just parked at the Fargo lot on Sunday. Price was $220, amazingly charged on our credit card in our Canadian dollars, so the equivalent of only $US163. As we pulled in and parked, the shuttle was right there loading passengers and bags, so we were at the terminal in 5 minutes. We were fully prepared to walk it, but the shuttle arrived just in time.   It looked like an easy walk had we decided to walk, but the shuttle timing was excellent.

13 hours ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, we just parked at the Fargo lot on Sunday. Price was $220, amazingly charged on our credit card in our Canadian dollars, so the equivalent of only $US163. As we pulled in and parked, the shuttle was right there loading passengers and bags, so we were at the terminal in 5 minutes. We were fully prepared to walk it, but the shuttle arrived just in time.   It looked like an easy walk had we decided to walk, but the shuttle timing was excellent.

Did you have a reservation or just drive up?    Did your cruise ticket get you a discount?  

Thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I had pre-paid on the lot's website a few weeks prior to the trip, and carried all the various print-outs of the receipts with us. The web site actually lists all the various cruise ship voyages by date and all I had to do was select our July 14 Emerald Princess sailing. The total was $220, obviously in US dollars, but when I checked my Credit Card online statement a few days later, I had been charged $220 in Canadian dollars. The line item description actually showed, as a reference, a phone number which turned out to be a Canadian parking company based in Toronto, so the lot management in Boston has some kind of reciprocal international agreement to be able to bill Canadian CC holders in their own currency, a VERY nice surprise. No help to US customers, of course.

As to being able to just drive up, I'm not sure how or whether it would work. We got to the lot early, and the folks running the lot seemed somewhat confused. Our receipts showing that we had pre-paid seemed to surprise them. Eventually they  realized  how it works, gave us the parking tags for our windshields and allowed us to park. I really don't know how they would have reacted had we just arrived with no pre-paid receipt.  IOW I don't know if they have the ability to process CC charges on the spot.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:02 PM, lx200gps said:

I had pre-paid on the lot's website a few weeks prior to the trip, and carried all the various print-outs of the receipts with us. The web site actually lists all the various cruise ship voyages by date and all I had to do was select our July 14 Emerald Princess sailing. The total was $220, obviously in US dollars, but when I checked my Credit Card online statement a few days later, I had been charged $220 in Canadian dollars. The line item description actually showed, as a reference, a phone number which turned out to be a Canadian parking company based in Toronto, so the lot management in Boston has some kind of reciprocal international agreement to be able to bill Canadian CC holders in their own currency, a VERY nice surprise. No help to US customers, of course.

As to being able to just drive up, I'm not sure how or whether it would work. We got to the lot early, and the folks running the lot seemed somewhat confused. Our receipts showing that we had pre-paid seemed to surprise them. Eventually they  realized  how it works, gave us the parking tags for our windshields and allowed us to park. I really don't know how they would have reacted had we just arrived with no pre-paid receipt.  IOW I don't know if they have the ability to process CC charges on the spot.

So this is the 93 Fargo Street parking lot? What website did you do your booking on, as we are also from Canada?

8 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

So this is the 93 Fargo Street parking lot? What website did you do your booking on, as we are also from Canada?

Yes, it's the 93 Fargo lot. I booked and paid through Parking.com by selecting our specific cruise (14 July Emerald Princess)

https://parking.com/boston/destinations/flynn-cruiseport/events

When I checked our credit card account on the TD website the transaction had only cost $CAD220.50 instead of $US220.50, was billed by "Parking.com" but the "location" for the transaction was given as "TORONTO ON CA". Hopefully if you book it will also charge you in Canadian $$$s

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Yes, it's the 93 Fargo lot. I booked and paid through Parking.com by selecting our specific cruise (14 July Emerald Princess)

https://parking.com/boston/destinations/flynn-cruiseport/events

When I checked our credit card account on the TD website the transaction had only cost $CAD220.50 instead of $US220.50, was billed by "Parking.com" but the "location" for the transaction was given as "TORONTO ON CA". Hopefully if you book it will also charge you in Canadian $$$s

Interesting. We're going on the Emerald on August 11th. I'll hold off paying til a little closer so we'll see how it goes. Interesting it says Toronto On Ca. Did you feel your vehicle was safe there?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Interesting. We're going on the Emerald on August 11th. I'll hold off paying til a little closer so we'll see how it goes. Interesting it says Toronto On Ca. Did you feel your vehicle was safe there?

Digging around a bit, I found that Parking.com has both US and Canadian parking lots, which may explain why they seamlessly billed me in Canadian $$$

https://parking.com/ca/

As to safety, our car had zero issues parked there. I can't say whether the lot is manned 24/7, but I highly doubt it. I wouldn't say it is any more or less safe than any other semi-remote parking lot, but we will definitely use it again.  You can see the lot on the Google Satellite or Street views to get a feel for the immediate area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 7:01 AM, lx200gps said:

Digging around a bit, I found that Parking.com has both US and Canadian parking lots, which may explain why they seamlessly billed me in Canadian $$$

https://parking.com/ca/

As to safety, our car had zero issues parked there. I can't say whether the lot is manned 24/7, but I highly doubt it. I wouldn't say it is any more or less safe than any other semi-remote parking lot, but we will definitely use it again.  You can see the lot on the Google Satellite or Street views to get a feel for the immediate area.

I tried both US and Canadian websites to check the prices for September.  For me the Canadian price was higher (in C$) so it is probably the same as the us $. 

Thank you for sharing.  This is all very helpful.   

We made reservations at the 93 Fargo lot online for Aug 28 Eclipse cruise.  Is it better to go direct to the lot and take the shuttle back with bags, or go first to the Cruiseport, drop off bags, and then proceed to the parking lot?

5 hours ago, dsarah said:

We made reservations at the 93 Fargo lot online for Aug 28 Eclipse cruise.  Is it better to go direct to the lot and take the shuttle back with bags, or go first to the Cruiseport, drop off bags, and then proceed to the parking lot?

We used the 93 Fargo lot a few weeks ago. Honestly, I was impressed with how well the shuttle system worked, both to and from the parking lot. We were fully prepared to walk from the lot to the ship, but a shuttle was sitting there right where I parked already loading bags. The driver will handle your bags so no heavy lifting. They use small (20?) person vans and I doubt you will have to wait more than a few minutes. When we disembarked off the Emerald Princess, a small fleet of the buses were sitting there waiting for disembarking passengers.

I wouldn't recommend driving to the terminal to drop off the bags, driving back to the lot then either walking or taking the shuttle back to the ship. There's no point when the shuttle system works so well. The road right in front of the terminal, Black Falcon Ave, is one way and VERY congested and you could be in long, tiring lines just to drop off the bags.