When was your first cruise on Carnival?

October 2007, on the Fascination. I bought a $5 Florida lottery ticket, which was a $10 winner.  Used that for a $10 ticket, which was a $20 winner.  Used that for a $20 ticket, which was a $500 winner.  I found a  cruise on the Fascination for $540. While on the Fascination, I spent $20 to play bingo and won a free five-night cruise on the Inspiration. Total investment for two cruises = $5 for original lottery ticket, $40 towards the Fascination, and $20 for bingo, or $65.00. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The original M.S. Carnival Celebration. An Easter cruise in April 1994. Sailed out of Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Cruising sure has changed since then. 

Nov 2008 on the Carnival Legend.  We will sail on her again March 2025.  Will become Platinum on the same ship we began Carnival on depending on any changes this coming winter. What will be will be.  

Our first Carnival cruise was on Celebration out of Tampa in 1997. Prior to that, we did a few other cruises in the mid to late 80s on other lines. So far we've done 19 on Carnival, 26 total. We have 5 cruises booked, 4 of them are on Carnival.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2010 out of Port Canaveral, only stop in Nassau. 3 days celebrating my bday with my sister, her husband and my husband. Had a blast!

Now we are coming up on cruise 26 on Carnival out of Baltimore to Bermuda!! Can’t wait!!😁👍

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

1992 Holiday 7 day out of Miami.  I remember when we pulled up thinking that ship is HUGE.  They had a little mini pool slide that was open like an hour a day and the hours were listed in the Capers (now Fun Times).  They also served ice cream and frozen yogurt for very limited hours.  But we did have the midnight buffet!  Almost all our cruises have been with Carnival.

• Like 1

Festival- 1982, had so much fun we did it again in 1983 and 1984- also managed to squeeze in the Tropicale- 1984 (b2b Festivale- Sat-Sat out of Mia, Sun-Sun on Tropicale out of Los Angelas)-didn't take much to get me hooked!!!

On 7/14/2024 at 9:32 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

1982 Carnivale, 7 days out of Miami.  Went to  Samana, San Juan and St. Thomas.

Our first was also Carnivale, 1991 out of Port Canaveral

Carnival Paradise western caribbean in 1999. It was a new ship and the first ship that was completely non-smoking. We took our two young daughters (third child was not born yet) and they are now in their 30's. Great memories!