When was your first cruise on Carnival?

@jimbo5544 Sorry for the delay, but yes we were undecided after the first cruise on Sunshine.  We decided to to give it a second chance. The second cruise confirmed our concerns from the first cruise.  Carnival took away so much of the free space and we really dislike the liquid lounge.

Posted (edited)

Summer of 1987 or 1988 on the Holiday...my last one was on the Celebration out of New Orleans in 1998?  97?  Been busy with life, but planning for a cruise on the Celebration in 2025. (Boy will I be surprised at how the ship has changed!) 

Edited by CoastalCatharine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalCatharine said:

my last one was on the Celebration out of New Orleans in 1998?  97?  Been busy with life, but planning for a cruise on the Celebration in 2025. (Boy will I be surprised at how the ship has changed!) 

The Celebration is a new ship with the same name as the old Celebration, but you probably knew that. 🙂

Posted (edited)

Strangely enough, we embarked on the original Mardi Gras 40 years ago day-before-yesterday (July 29, 1984).  We were celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Here's a picture of me and my wife on the ship during that cruise

Garnett

HollyGarnett.jpg

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

The Celebration is a new ship with the same name as the old Celebration, but you probably knew that. 🙂

Yes! Just my poor attempt at humor above... I was showing my husband the side-by-side of the old and the new.  And I told him we had plenty of fun on those Holiday-sized ships back in the day.  I'm pretty sure I can't conceive of how big the Excel class ships actually are.  I'm sure I will be stunned. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, CoastalCatharine said:

Yes! Just my poor attempt at humor above... I was showing my husband the side-by-side of the old and the new.  And I told him we had plenty of fun on those Holiday-sized ships back in the day.  I'm pretty sure I can't conceive of how big the Excel class ships actually are.  I'm sure I will be stunned. 

Hey CC! You are funny! I'll bet there was a change! Love reading from people who went on old ships and now on these mega ships. I know it blew my mind when I moved up from the Fantasy to the new classes of ships. I still love the old ships though. They are quaint and friendly. But I am enjoying the activities of the new ones as well. Here's to another cruise to come! Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival Sensation, October 2022 for my honeymoon.  I was back on her for a girls trip in March 2020 two sailings before covid.  I walked by the junior suite we had on verandah deck for nostalgia.