NCL Escape Haven room questions

Non experienced NCL cruiser, trying to decide which balcony/suite to book for this ship?  Thoughts, comments on which anyone would suggest or stay away from?  TIA

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Non experienced NCL cruiser, trying to decide which balcony/suite to book for this ship?  Thoughts, comments on which anyone would suggest or stay away from?  TIA

How many folks in your party?

• Like 1

Depends on all your preferences. I was on the Escape Haven with 1 other person so a regular HF room was more than enough. My room was just off the bar area which I loved. I love being able to go from the pool and back to my room in just a few seconds. I think once or twice I was aware that the restaurant was above me, but it wasn't bad, and I'm usually sensitive to sounds and like my quiet. 

• Thanks 1

For Escape Haven, I would avoid 14106/14706 since the balcony is partially enclosed (forward-facing suite...balcony is on the side, though).

I would also avoid 13306/13906 since they have the smallest balcony in the category (aft-facing suite).

If being picky, I would avoid 17128/17728 because of potential noise coming from the "outside of the Haven" area (table tennis).

If booking an actual forward-facing balcony within the Haven complex (H2, H3), I would take deck 17 over deck 18 because 17 has the larger/deeper balcony.

There are other minor differences depending on which category (HI,HA, etc.) that you are considering.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

How many folks in your party?

two couples, 2 in each room.  trying to decide whether the deluxe, and their location is worth it.

32 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Depends on all your preferences. I was on the Escape Haven with 1 other person so a regular HF room was more than enough. My room was just off the bar area which I loved. I love being able to go from the pool and back to my room in just a few seconds. I think once or twice I was aware that the restaurant was above me, but it wasn't bad, and I'm usually sensitive to sounds and like my quiet. 

Thanks for the input

31 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For Escape Haven, I would avoid 14106/14706 since the balcony is partially enclosed (forward-facing suite...balcony is on the side, though).

I would also avoid 13306/13906 since they have the smallest balcony in the category (aft-facing suite).

If being picky, I would avoid 17128/17728 because of potential noise coming from the "outside of the Haven" area (table tennis).

If booking an actual forward-facing balcony within the Haven complex (H2, H3), I would take deck 17 over deck 18 because 17 has the larger/deeper balcony.

There are other minor differences depending on which category (HI,HA, etc.) that you are considering.

good details, thanks

51 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

two couples, 2 in each room.  trying to decide whether the deluxe, and their location is worth it.

If the choice is 2 non-Haven balconies or 1 large Haven suite, I vote for Haven suite. One couple would get a better sleeping arrangement but the couples can work something out financially. The Haven benefits outweigh the added cost, IMO.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The DOS on 17 are great.  One of best rooms we've had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

We were on the Escape in December in 14706.  I liked the enclosed balcony because I could sit out there and read while underway and there was no wind.  I also didn't mind at all being outside the Haven.  It was a short walk and we got a much nicer room for the price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1