Live: July 20-27 Norwegian Fjords Apex

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

It's still possible, the new Excel ship is tri fuel. See the answer in Q & A. 

So she will meet the requirements;)  

And the other ships will still be aloud to all other port, just not the fjords. So they can sail, but they are not allowed into Geiranger etc.

Already for many years, the ships sailing in Norway needs too meet requirement for cleaner oil. 

So the fuel price for a Norwegian cruise is much higer than the Caribbean sailings who dont have requirements for fuel type/cleaned level of oil. 

That's one of the reasons fuel prices for Norwegian sailings is higer. 

That's good to know that its still possible

One of the tours I did the guide did talk about all the changes Norway has done for sustainability/climate change etc

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 1

So yesterday boarded the flight on time, in fact early but the walkway wouldn't detach so we were stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours and 50 mins (so we were almost deplaned). Thankfully I had a 4.5 hour connection as the time I got to Toronto I basically had time to do customs, go bathroom and walk one end of terminal 1 to the other end 🏃‍♀️

Got home 9pm last night (2am UK time), basically had pizza and crashed. Woke up at 5am this morning and started to unpack, first load of laundry is in. I checked the fridge my husband wasn't kidding there is NOTHING in there. I don't want to be mean but little annoying, I buy food for when I leave for him but come back and he's not done any shopping 😡

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Got home 9pm last night (2am UK time), basically had pizza and crashed. Woke up at 5am this morning and started to unpack, first load of laundry is in. I checked the fridge my husband wasn't kidding there is NOTHING in there. I don't want to be mean but little annoying, I buy food for when I leave for him but come back and he's not done any shopping 😡

I feel you❤️

Mr had emptied the fridge and freezer during my Infinity cruise😑 So strait to the grocery store.....

Glad you made it home🐕❤️

• Haha 2

Well at least its not me 😂

I'm currently putting washing in and putting together list of things needed (bread, butter, eggs, fish etc) at least the garden is growing well so have tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, jalapeños and eggplants outside.

I'm going to upload some videos later, I wasn't able to on the ship as I had the basic wifi so it was really limited

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, delgirl said:

I was on this cruise also. Tested positive for you know what today. Hope no-one else is in the same situation.

Oh no sorry to hear hope you feel better soon, there did seem to be a lot of coughing happening so I'm expecting to get it.

I feel fine but I am coughing but there is a lot of smog and probably wildfire smoke so not sure if I'm getting sick or just air quality

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:00 PM, GuyeCO said:

Curious if you entertained the 12nt option at all? Or if anyone else contemplated both? Anything I am missing between the two besides the obvious extra 5 nights... Is one better than the other?

We did both the 12 night and the 7 night as B2B.  Scenery is different father north.  Not as green, but still beautiful.  I recommend the 12 night if you have time, that way you get both.  If you can do both, go for both as the ports each had something similar, but still unique.

Food:
Honestly the menus I saw on board for MDR I didn't find great, I've never seen liver on the menu so many times and its cheap (quite frankly I haven't eaten this since I was a kid). Also the dining rooms were packed so it was quieter to eat dinner at the buffet and there were better options. Last night on board the buffet had seafood from Norway.

Pool deck I avoided one it was too cold for me but two there were a lot of kids running around and in the pool/hot tubs.  The solarium did have the family hours.

Staff were excellent, there was the one bartender who looked lost and was pushing back on serving but I don't know if he was like that every day as I only went to the pool bar once.

Shows - I saw some but not all because I was so tired by the end of the day but they were really good. I never did any on Summit or Constellation because none really appealed to me. The ones from the Eden cast are my favourites.

Wifi: if you want wifi do not do the basic one, it was terrible.

Room: I have no issues with the solo room yes there is less drawer space but I can make it work. 

Guests: I think this sailing was over capacity, the ship was pulled from the website weeks before sailing. Also with the amount of kids on board (UK school holiday had just started) I would say there were more than 2 people to a room, and you could definitely feel it. Now not to say kids shouldn't be on board because some kids do better in quieter environments but these kids seemed bored based on their behaviour. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to give us all a lot of great information, especially the tip of the seafood buffet the last night! I wonder if that was a one-off or a regular occurrence on this itinerary. 

Great trip review!  I was on the same cruise and had a great time - it was nice to see it again through your eyes.  I think we had exceptionally good weather, at least much better than expected.  

• Like 1

So my points came in today, I should have has 21 but received 45 - under says includes bonus points. Not seen that before but not going to bring it up either to them 😆

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

So my points came in today, I should have has 21 but received 45 - under says includes bonus points. Not seen that before but not going to bring it up either to them 😆

Were you not solo and getting double points?

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Were you not solo and getting double points?

Even in a solo room? I thought single rooms means single points, plus its more than double 🤷‍♀️