Room Service

5onadime

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

image.thumb.png.c7c36bf7577fd35e83e4e30f6da5eadd.png

Has this changed very recently, because a few months ago the $5 charge was there for phone orders, regardless of a package in place 

3 minutes ago, antsp said:

Has this changed very recently, because a few months ago the $5 charge was there for phone orders, regardless of a package in place 

Never ever. We.cruised in April no charge with plus packsge

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, antsp said:

Conflicting information in this post

Trust me. I'm a "skinflint". There is no Room Service charge if you booked with the Plus or Premier rate. (If you added just the Plus package - you would have to be insane - then Room Service has a charge.) booking with the Plus or Premier booking there is no charge for Room Service via phone call. This is not a change but has been the norm. J. P. wants to screw you as hard as he can (and he won't even kiss you first!) if you don't buy his packages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

There is no Room Service charge if you booked with the Plus or Premier rate. (If you added just the Plus package - you would have to be insane - then Room Service has a charge.) 

Okay, I am officially confused.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Trust me. I'm a "skinflint". There is no Room Service charge if you booked with the Plus or Premier rate. (If you added just the Plus package - you would have to be insane - then Room Service has a charge.) booking with the Plus or Premier booking there is no charge for Room Service via phone call. This is not a change but has been the norm. J. P. wants to screw you as hard as he can (and he won't even kiss you first!) if you don't buy his packages.

I think you are referring to an alcohol only plan as opposed to the package. People only take the drink only plan if their cabin mate does not want to buy the package. Both plus and premier packages include room service. The drink only plan does not

• Like 1

15 hours ago, antsp said:

Define recent. 😄

They made this change when they did a bunch of other changes including instituting casual dining. My email about it is dated August 23, 2023.

On 7/25/2024 at 1:52 AM, Thrak said:

Are you safe from the fires??

The more people that tip the more the expectation of a tip. I must admit I much preferred the old system of tipping where you tipped who you believe was deserving of a tip. A tip is not something that should automatically be expected. It is linked to the quality of service that is why I do not see why restaurants or hotels add service charges to a bill. They don't ask if you are happy with the service it's just a prerequisite of an establishment to put a service charge on their menu. I understand cruise company's reasoning behind all inclusive tipping as those doing the laundry, serving behind the bars etc miss out if you just give an envelope to your table waiters and cabin steward. Catering, unless you reach the top has always been poorly paid when considering the fact that it's a long day and as we know not all customers are polite.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:21 PM, Kay S said:

Some centuries ago in the deep dark distant past, it was considered a clever gesture to tip the room service person with a brand new $2 bill.  They were a novelty once.  I don't know if it's a holdover from that, but I hear that a two dollar tip is still appropriate.  (Inflation evidently does not apply to tips.) 😝

In Mexico bar servers were excited to get one would put it in their wallet. I asked why and was told their lucky to have. An honest bar tender said they created that myth get more of then because their twice as much as a dollar one.

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

Are you safe from the fires??

The Park Fire started about 4 miles from my house and about 3 miles from our daughter's house. Fortunately for us the wind was blowing the other way.

• Thanks 1