2 Casual dining bookings on Princess Plus

Elles100

As a vegetarian sailing on Caribbean Princess soon is there any point in me going to Steamers or Planks for my 2  included casual dining meals? I don't want to turn up and then appear to be a difficult customer.

@Elles100 could you go to either venue or both and have the starter which is a salad and the dessert? I’m sure you could always ask Steamers or Planks if you could get something vegetarian as your main. Assuming you are dining with somebody that is not a vegetarian and they would eat the full menu?

Are these the only two choices on the Caribbean princess to use your casual meal dining credits? Sorry I’m not familiar with what every ship has.
I know on some ships they have pop-up restaurants,which are not in the same place all the time or shall I say do not have a permanent location. Does Carribean P have any of those?

Welcome to Cruise critic & your first post

Ditto!  Welcome to Cruise critic Princess forum.

I don’t see any problem going to Steamers, Planks or Vines and asking if they have a Vegetarian plate.

We have many vegetarian folks on this board, who may be able to help, that have probably already tried this.

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ditto!  Welcome to Cruise critic Princess forum.

I don’t see any problem going to Steamers, Planks or Vines and asking if they have a Vegetarian plate.

We have many vegetarian folks on this board, who may be able to help, that have probably already tried this.

Vines has a set menu of veggies, charcuterie and truffles. I don’t think I would waste a casual meal for just crudités. Planks and steamers are basically meat and seafood. If you are on a ship with other venues you might be luckier

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Vines has a set menu of veggies, charcuterie and truffles. I don’t think I would waste a casual meal for just crudités. Planks and steamers are basically meat and seafood. If you are on a ship with other venues you might be luckier

Well, if it was a matter of using it or losing it, I’d use it.

OP doesn’t say if they do seafood.  
That would work.  Planks, not much except the veggie sides may work for OP.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, if it was a matter of using it or losing it, I’d use it.

We mostly just didn't use it at all on Grand Princess last year. They were being weird and wanted us both to get the entire thing. One pizza - shared - is plenty for us.

• Like 1

On the Caribbean Princess, we ate at both Planks and Steamers. Loved them both! We are on the Majestic in November and I was disappointed to read they only have a pizza place and Sushi lunch (hubby wouldn’t do that one). 

• 2 weeks later...