Condition of Reflection

25 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

Well there is a roll call for September 30th, literally the end of the month 😉

We are on next year, 29th September and have joined the roll call. I think you are on this year?

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

Would greatly appreciate you posting a review particularly about the general condition of the ship and (if you visit them) the speciality restaurants. About eight years since we were on Reflection!

Sailing on the Reflection in Feb. ‘25. Our first Sunset Veranda on Deck 9. 

Can’t wait!  First time on the Reflection.  We have sailed on the Silhouette and Eclipse in the S class.  

First time on the Reflection come Christmas. Sunset Veranda on Deck 8. We booked this cruise while we were on the Summit (Christmas 2022). I'm just happy to cruise so I over look these small things. I'm there to relax and enjoy the trip! 

I was on Reflection in Sept/Oct 2022 and it was in great shape then, and that was just a couple of weeks before it went into dry dock. The only issues I saw anywhere were some of the wood around the hot tubs and pools looked tired but I'm pretty sure that was one of the things taken care of during the dry dock. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OysterD said:

I was on Reflection in Sept/Oct 2022 and it was in great shape then, and that was just a couple of weeks before it went into dry dock. The only issues I saw anywhere were some of the wood around the hot tubs and pools looked tired but I'm pretty sure that was one of the things taken care of during the dry dock. 

We were on Reflection just after that to make the crossing back in Nov 22, and found things to be in very nice condition then.  The only exception was the 'putting green' up on 16 which looked more like the first cut at Augusta National 😄  Don't think the folks handling the dry dock were familiar with course maintenance.

• Haha 3

On 7/22/2024 at 3:41 AM, chemmo said:

Also concur…We are booked on Reflection September 2025…Looked at lots of options. Simply decided that the layout of S class and on Reflection the range of restaurants make it a good option. A Caribbean cruise of 10 nights had lots of appeal too and the price was pretty good. Certainly better than other options we considered.

Totally agree with you chemmo!!  We have moved from M class to Reflection for 2025 for the variety in restaurants, as well as longer than 5 or 7 day cruises.🙂

• Like 1

We sailed in an S1 aft corner balcony on Reflection in May of this year.  The suite was roomy, but the decor was dated and the room was showing some wear.

Edited by Syd58
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

We sailed in an S1 aft corner balcony on Reflection in May of this year.  The suite was roomy, but the decor was dated and the room was showing some wear.

Thank you for your comments….I can cope with a bit of ‘shabby’ as long as the main experience is still ‘chic’!

How was the level of service? Did you dine in any of the speciality restaurants?

We enjoy the reflection.  Stay in sky and above suites and they are clean and comfortable- favorite restaurant is the lawn club grill only available on the reflection and silhouette.  We also love the edge class ships.  The suite lounge and sun deck are excellent- IMO you cannot go wrong with the reflection.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thank you for your comments….I can cope with a bit of ‘shabby’ as long as the main experience is still ‘chic’!

How was the level of service? Did you dine in any of the speciality restaurants?

We sailed her for the 3rd time in May 2024 and were happy to be aboard a wonderful "old friend". We felt the ship was in incredible shape, including most of the lawn.

We dined in both Tuscan Grill and Murano and had terrific food and service in both! Getting a window table at Tuscan while sailing is one of our favorites for ambiance!

The cabin deco is a bit dated if you have sailed in E class, but the E Class deco isn't everyone's favorite either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We enjoy the reflection.  Stay in sky and above suites and they are clean and comfortable- favorite restaurant is the lawn club grill only available on the reflection and silhouette.  We also love the edge class ships.  The suite lounge and sun deck are excellent- IMO you cannot go wrong with the reflection.  Enjoy your cruise.

We are in a suite…We did cruise Reflection a looong time ago and loved it. My favourite thing about the Lawn Grill is the change of ambiance…Sort of like a family BBQ. It complements so well the more formal other dining experiences. We did enjoy the Silhouette sun deck but still spent more time in the Solarium. The lack of one on Reflection hasn’t put us off…

Thank you for your comments, very reassuring.

50 minutes ago, Pantheral said:

We sailed her for the 3rd time in May 2024 and were happy to be aboard a wonderful "old friend". We felt the ship was in incredible shape, including most of the lawn.

We dined in both Tuscan Grill and Murano and had terrific food and service in both! Getting a window table at Tuscan while sailing is one of our favorites for ambiance!

The cabin deco is a bit dated if you have sailed in E class, but the E Class deco isn't everyone's favorite either. 

Hope we get the “old friend” vibe too. It has been a while! My strongest memory of Reflection is dining in Murano and mentioned how much I used to enjoy steak Diane flambéed table side.The M’D immediately offered to prepare it for me for the next visit…The smell alone was fantastic! It is the little personal touches that keep us coming back to Celebrity…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chemmo said:

Service was very good. We ate all our meals in Luminae. When we travel, we want accommodations at least as nice as our home.  Reflection did not meet this standard. As a result, we will not sail on her again.

Edited by Syd58

2 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

Service was very good. We ate all our meals in Luminae. When we travel, we want accommodations at least as nice as our home.  Reflection did not meet this standard. As a result, we will not sail on her again.

Sorry you were disappointed. Did you discuss your concerns with anyone on board? 

17 hours ago, Syd58 said:

Noted in the post-cruise survey.  

even better is to raise your concerns on the ship. I have heard the Hotel Director ask passengers to do this over and over again because otherwise you are not giving them the opportunity to put it right or to explain why they can't. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, the penguins said:

even better is to raise your concerns on the ship. I have heard the Hotel Director ask passengers to do this over and over again because otherwise you are not giving them the opportunity to put it right or to explain why they can't. 

Agree. We haven’t had many things to moan about over the years but sometimes little things can really annoy you or spoil what should be a great experience. We tend to bring a point of concern to the person first (room attendant, butler, waiter….) and only escalate to management if they haven’t responded. Sometimes staff can ‘guess’ wrongly what you want…For example, I love my room to be sorted (where possible) while I am at breakfast, others may not want theirs to be done until later….

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Agree. We haven’t had many things to moan about over the years but sometimes little things can really annoy you or spoil what should be a great experience. We tend to bring a point of concern to the person first (room attendant, butler, waiter….) and only escalate to management if they haven’t responded. Sometimes staff can ‘guess’ wrongly what you want…For example, I love my room to be sorted (where possible) while I am at breakfast, others may not want theirs to be done until later….

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Other than providing some input, I doubt the Hotel Director can do anything about the dated room decor since the decision to refurbish is likely a strategic decision made at a higher level. 

Edited by Syd58

2 hours ago, Syd58 said:

Other than providing some input, I doubt the Hotel Director can do anything about the dated room decor since the decision to refurbish is likely a strategic decision made at a higher level. 

No, he couldn’t change the dated decor but if anything was working incorrectly or could be modified/replaced then he could sort that. 

I will board Reflection with eyes open. I expect my suite room to be dated. Dated I am sometimes happier with than ‘Hoppened’!!! I will not be shocked or disappointed by a little wear here and there.

My interest in this thread has been to check the general standard of presentation of the ship and reports generally seem positive. The suite deck (or lack of) isn’t particularly important to me and on busy sea days we have a nice balcony…The price we have paid for our suite I think reflects (pun not intended) the fact that the ship is older and has less facilities than E class or Silhouette. However, she does have the restaurants we want, the itinerary and time of year suits us…Sometimes you don’t necessarily pick the ship that is ‘the best’ but just one that is the best for you at that point in time…