Jade Haven vs Suite

erisajd

while booking a suite in a true haven complex, is a treat not to be missed, unless you really need to spend the money, the other suites (and the attendant perks  thereto) are also top notch. we've stayed in both, personally, i dont believe it's worth the extra $$$. while the private lounge, bar and restaurant are amazing, in an actual haven complex,  i'd still rather have the extra coins in my pocket to pay for other things on board.

that being said, however, we're booked in the haven deluxe 2 bedroom suite on  the prima end of sept. while it did stretch our budget slightly, i wanted to sail the prima, and so weoptrd for the haven as opposed to the regular suite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

I noticed in the video that you had one of the Haven key card holders. Was that from a previous cruise, or did you get it on this cruise?

From a previous cruise on the Getaway or Escape. They are nice holders

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, complawyer said:

erisajd

while booking a suite in a true haven complex, is a treat not to be missed, unless you really need to spend the money, the other suites (and the attendant perks  thereto) are also top notch. we've stayed in both, personally, i dont believe it's worth the extra $$$. while the private lounge, bar and restaurant are amazing, in an actual haven complex,  i'd still rather have the extra coins in my pocket to pay for other things on board.

that being said, however, we're booked in the haven deluxe 2 bedroom suite on  the prima end of sept. while it did stretch our budget slightly, i wanted to sail the prima, and so weoptrd for the haven as opposed to the regular suite.

We also went with the Haven on the Prima for our next cruise. I think the difference in the Haven will be worth it for the Prima. 

Edited by Candy Apple 12

15 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

We also went with the Haven on the Prima for our next cruise. I think the difference in the Haven will be worth it for the Prima. 

Stayed in the Haven on the Prima early this year.  Yes, very nice...2nd only to the Haven on the Epic (which has been newly updated).

While not the Jade, I stayed in an Aft Suite on the Gem, very similar to the Jade.

The Haven is restricted to a small pool area.  I still had the services of a Butler and the Concierge and had Breakfast and Lunch open to me in either Cagney's or Moderno.

Concierge sets up shop in Cagney's at a table by the Whiskey Bar.  Butler came to the cabin every day to check on me and drop off goodies.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay more for a Haven cabin on a Jewel Class ship.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Stayed in the Haven on the Prima early this year.  Yes, very nice...2nd only to the Haven on the Epic (which has been newly updated).

While not the Jade, I stayed in an Aft Suite on the Gem, very similar to the Jade.

The Haven is restricted to a small pool area.  I still had the services of a Butler and the Concierge and had Breakfast and Lunch open to me in either Cagney's or Moderno.

Concierge sets up shop in Cagney's at a table by the Whiskey Bar.  Butler came to the cabin every day to check on me and drop off goodies.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay more for a Haven cabin on a Jewel Class ship.

I’ve heard good things here on CC about the Haven on the Epic. It’s on my radar for a cruise at some point. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

We didn’t pay the money for the Haven on Prima and we were happy with our choice, but it was a cool weather cruise so there was no one out on the pool decks for the most part. Breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.  The concierge was setup in there as well. Saw the butler everyday and we had a huge cabin with a separate bedroom and living room. If I did the Prima again I’d do the same. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

The itinerary I chose is only offered one time on the Jade, so that was not possible. 

I’ve done the Haven on the Bliss and Escape, and I have one booked on the Prima. I’m looking forward to a smaller ship. 

Haven on Prima is half outside with no roof.  Hopefully a good weather trip.

24 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

We didn’t pay the money for the Haven on Prima and we were happy with our choice, but it was a cool weather cruise so there was no one out on the pool decks for the most part. Breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.  The concierge was setup in there as well. Saw the butler everyday and we had a huge cabin with a separate bedroom and living room. If I did the Prima again I’d do the same. 

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Haven on Prima is half outside with no roof.  Hopefully a good weather trip.

Southern Caribbean starting from NYC in the winter, so we’ll spend the first few days exploring the inside of the ship and then we’ll enjoy the warm weather out on the Haven sun deck. 

5 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Southern Caribbean starting from NYC in the winter, so we’ll spend the first few days exploring the inside of the ship and then we’ll enjoy the warm weather out on the Haven sun deck. 

The one thing I'll say is plenty of books in Haven and in our room to keep busy.  And they were largely picture books for my simple mind.

16 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Agreed. Did yours come as a lanyard, or did you punch a hole in it? 

I punched a hole with a leather punch. Between us with have 6 of them