Club Orange vs. a suite

We absolutely loved our experience in Club Orange on the Nieuw Statendam.  My DH is thrilled with the small dining room, it fixed all his typical cruise complaints.

We're looking to the future and I understand that most of the ships don't have a separate CO dining room.

Looking at some potential cruises on the Oosterdam.

If we book CO, is that a separate section of the MDR, or just priority seating?  The bonus dish is usually something we can't eat (no meat/chicken).  And is it breakfast or dinner?

If we book a suite, are there different dining benefits?  Breakfast in Pinnacle?  And if so, at a certain level of suite only?

Are there any suite benefits that go beyond CO benefits (like priority tendering)?  I guess, what is not overlapping between the two?

Thanks so much!!

Posted (edited)

When you say "book a suite" - do you mean a Neptune Suite?  In that case, you will have breakfasts in Pinnacle grill (but perhaps CO on Oosterdam give you that as well?), access to the Neptune Lounge and concierges, plus the obvious benefit of a much bigger room/double sink and double shower bathroom... It's not just priority seating - you are also seated in the Club Orange area, and there are mixed reviews on how that compares with the dedicated Club Orange dining room.  You asked about priority tendering, and yes, that's also on the list of your suite benefits.  So, yes, it all "overlaps" since booking a Neptune suite gives you all the CO benefits plus the Neptune Lounge and bigger suite. If you book any "suite" at a lower category than Neptune, then no, there is no overlap with CO and you would have to book that separately.  In that case whether it's worth it to you because your husband would not have the same experience in the dining room as in a dedicated CO dining room... well... I'll leave that for others to speculate.

Edited by Moriah

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Suites get breakfast in the Pinnacle, CO doesn't. Suites have had all the benefits (except the cabin upgrade) far before CO was invented. Neptunes don't get the CO bag.

When in a Neptune, we received an identical bag without the “Club Orange” written on it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

When in a Neptune, we received an identical bag without the “Club Orange” written on it.

We did as well, but its not the CO bag. Minor difference.

Specifically on Oosterdam - there is no separate dining room nor is there a space in the MDR.  You do get a separate line for Priority Seating at Any Time Dining.  It sometimes is necessary to ask for the special CO menu for the additional items.

Neptune & Pinnacle suites are the only ones who qualify for Pinnacle Grill Breakfast. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We recently did Club Orange on the Eurodam which does not have the separate CO dining room. I was not sure how the experience would be since I really like the separate dining room on the Pinnacle class ships. We had fixed main dining which we like and had the same table and waiters every night for dinner and were given the Club Orange menu. I appreciated not having to wait for a table to open at times which is the case in the separate dining room. The other positive was when we went to the MDR for breakfast and/or lunch we used the Club Orange priority line and were seated almost immediately at a table for two either right by the window or close to it without asking for a table with a view. We also had priority on tenders. For me, I would not hesitate to book Club Orange on a non Pinnacle ship again.

• Like 5

We spent 3 weeks on the Oosterdam in a Neptune suite.  We did have CO because of this.  From reading all of the recent threads on this forum I would not book CO on the Oosterdam unless you were getting an upgraded cabin selection.  If you can upgrade to a cabin you want plus get the benefits of CO it sounds great.  There was one CO entree in the MDR at night.  I recently  received an answer to a question about breakfast and  there is no CO entree in the MDR for breakfast, but possibly free mimosa.  I think having a special line for the MDR and priority boarding and tendering is nice but the upgrade would be the most important to me with CO.  JMO. Cherie

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 6:08 AM, liberty176 said:

The bonus dish is usually something we can't eat (no

The special dishes do include som meat and chicken.  The Peruvian chicken is delicious as are some of the beef options.  There are some seafood options which are good but understand if they do not apple.

• Like 1