Utopia main dining room times help

We are booked on utopia next month and asked for early seating,  just found out early seating is at 5 not six,  way early.  And my time does not open until 6:45.  So our normal 6 pm time is not an option.   😞.   Almost a 2 hour gap,  terrible times!   We don’t want to do specialty every night with kids, they are good,  but only for so long.  Suggestions?  We are pretty quick,  can we come in late for early as long as we are out early enough for secong seating at 7:45,   Or should we do my time and show up early and hope they open early.

Just now, Hawaii_Flyer said:

Or should we do my time and show up early and hope they open early.

Pick the menu that appeals to you and try MTD that night - the other few nights, WJ. 

24 minutes ago, Hawaii_Flyer said:

We are booked on utopia next month and asked for early seating,  just found out early seating is at 5 not six,  way early.  And my time does not open until 6:45.  So our normal 6 pm time is not an option.   😞.   Almost a 2 hour gap,  terrible times!   We don’t want to do specialty every night with kids, they are good,  but only for so long.  Suggestions?  We are pretty quick,  can we come in late for early as long as we are out early enough for secong seating at 7:45,   Or should we do my time and show up early and hope they open early.

Pretty much every ship I've been on lately has early dinner at 5 pm. I agree it's too early but they have to get ready for late dining. You could ask for anytime when you board and a 6 pm time. 

The WJ opens at 6 pm. I eat here about half the time.

3 hours ago, Hawaii_Flyer said:

You cannot show up late. They only hold your table for 15 to 20 minutes, so if by 'late', you mean you'll be there at 5:15, then sure.  

On 7/21/2024 at 11:28 AM, Hawaii_Flyer said:

I am assuming you have not cruised on RCI lately. On every ship I have been on over the last year (I usually cruise on RCI twice monthly) early dining has been at 5 PM. I would switch to MTD, but realize they are very strict about the 6:45 PM time. 

Whether you decide to do MTD or the assigned time, please don't show up early or late.

Showing up early to MTD is rude to the crew who work extremely hard. Showing up late to assigned time dinner is rude to the other people at your table.

Just my two cents.