Dutch Bulbfields Questions

Can someone please answer my couple or so  questions about the Dutch Bulbfields 

What month is the best time to see the Bulbfields ....March or April ?

I would think that the excursion can be done from Rotterdam...any other port ?

Any idea of price for an excursion to the Bulbfields ?

TIA

Mid April is often the best time to go, when we took a break in the Netherlands a few years ago, it was at that time and we saw many excellent displays during our time there. I can’t comment on the cruise excursions as we went to Amsterdam via Eurostar and booked trips locally. 

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Can someone please answer my couple or so  questions about the Dutch Bulbfields 

What month is the best time to see the Bulbfields ....March or April ?

I would think that the excursion can be done from Rotterdam...any other port ?

Any idea of price for an excursion to the Bulbfields ?

TIA

Are you interested in the bulbfields or Keukenhof Gardens in particular? Bulbfields are everywhere, but they cut off the flowers fairly early (I will let the more knowledgeable give you timings) because it is the bulbs that are the product. Bulbfields are large stripes of coloured flowers for a short period of time. 

Kuekenhof on the other hand, is designed for enjoying the flowers. They are open for six weeks, and they try to have flowers blooming the whole time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Are you interested in the bulbfields or Keukenhof Gardens in particular? Bulbfields are everywhere, but they cut off the flowers fairly early (I will let the more knowledgeable give you timings) because it is the bulbs that are the product. Bulbfields are large stripes of coloured flowers for a short period of time. 

Kuekenhof on the other hand, is designed for enjoying the flowers. They are open for six weeks, and they try to have flowers blooming the whole time. 

Keukenhof would be the gardens that the excursion will go to...I think....the excursion may include a drive around too but not entirely sure and hopefully from Rotterdam... a cruise I have seen goes on the 28th March so thinking that may be a good time to go

The flowering time for bulbs at Keukenhof follow the cycle for bulbs in domestic gardens in Northern Europe. They obviously try to have a good display throughout their open period (in 2025 that's from 20/3 to 11/5). So, expect daffodils in the early part and tulips in the later period. There'll be overlaps of course and there will be other bulbs. Nothing is certain because of weather conditions

40 minutes ago, Harters said:

The flowering time for bulbs at Keukenhof follow the cycle for bulbs in domestic gardens in Northern Europe. They obviously try to have a good display throughout their open period (in 2025 that's from 20/3 to 11/5). So, expect daffodils in the early part and tulips in the later period. There'll be overlaps of course and there will be other bulbs. Nothing is certain because of weather conditions

Beginning to mid april will be the best chance. And please visit the website of Keukenhof as they give you travel directions and costs always in a better way than we all can suggest. Very good connections  from f.e. airport Schiphol (coach right from the airport), but from Rotterdam by train to the city of Leiden and from there by special coach to Keukenhof is a perfect connection too. https://keukenhof.nl/en/   

22 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Beginning to mid april will be the best chance. And please visit the website of Keukenhof as they give you travel directions and costs always in a better way than we all can suggest. Very good connections  from f.e. airport Schiphol (coach right from the airport), but from Rotterdam by train to the city of Leiden and from there by special coach to Keukenhof is a perfect connection too. https://keukenhof.nl/en/   

Hoping P & O have an excursion while in port at Rotterdam

16 hours ago, janny444 said:

Hoping P & O have an excursion while in port at Rotterdam

Of course depending upon time of arrival and departure it is quite possible to do it yourself. But with an excursion of the company you surely will not stay too long in Keukenhof (quite possible you wish to stay the whole day...).

14 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Of course depending upon time of arrival and departure it is quite possible to do it yourself. But with an excursion of the company you surely will not stay too long in Keukenhof (quite possible you wish to stay the whole day...).

Probably cheaper to do it ourselves but for us we prefer to book the P&O excursion as I always have a " fear" of being delayed by unforeseen circumstances and missing the departure time of the ship.....the price of peace of mind is so worth it for me

2 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Probably cheaper to do it ourselves but for us we prefer to book the P&O excursion as I always have a " fear" of being delayed by unforeseen circumstances and missing the departure time of the ship.....the price of peace of mind is so worth it for me

Exactly.  I always try to "calculate" the risks myself too. Anyway: enjoy de Keukenhof next year! 

• Like 1